MSHI Expansion? | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Breaking News! Universal announces Thor coaster for MSHI ;)

The heartline spin in the second half of the ride would cause people to black out. I always thought "Thor: Ride The Lightning" would be a great name for a coaster. I always wondered though if people would make the unintended connection the the electric chair death penalty.

It’s such a bummer. Marvel is literally the most profitable franchise on the planet and it’s theme park rights are stuck in limbo. This thread is nearly 4 years old and it’s all just speculation/wishful thinking.
Perhaps Universal is waiting to see if Marvel fizzles out in a few years...Or maybe they just aren't Marvel fans, I don't know haha

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Isn’t Uni trying to compete with the mouse? They’re growing, and a new marvel ride beginning construction in 2012-13 would have done some insane growth.
They are competing just fine as is. They have so much going on that they can’t keep up with projects in the pipeline.

And at the end of the day, they already have the best Marvel ride that will likely ever be created.

They are competing just fine as is. They have so much going on that they can’t keep up with projects in the pipeline.

And at the end of the day, they already have the best Marvel ride that will likely ever be created.
I agree that they’re doing fine, I just mean they are always wanting to do better, to compete with Disney, this is a big missed opportunity for them to get even closer to Disney.

Also, I agree, Spider-Man and Hulk are great rides, but also great rides that debuted in 1999 therefore most people interested in them would’ve ridden them by now. They need something new that people, as marvel fans, HAVE to check out along the lines of Hogsmeade to Potter fans.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I agree that they’re doing fine, I just mean they are always wanting to do better, to compete with Disney, this is a big missed opportunity for them to get even closer to Disney.

Also, I agree, Spider-Man and Hulk are great rides, but also great rides that debuted in 1999 therefore most people interested in them would’ve ridden them by now. They need something new that people, as marvel fans, HAVE to check out along the lines of Hogsmeade to Potter fans.

I appreciate your passion for Marvel. I just think they are getting as much attendance as possible right now, and they are smartly focusing on Resort hotel capacity, Volcano Bay, and now the new park (which surely occupied the legal department’s time.)

I appreciate your passion for Marvel. I just think they are getting as much attendance as possible right now, and they are smartly focusing on Resort hotel capacity, Volcano Bay, and now the new park (which surely occupied the legal department’s time.)

I think they should still build the Iron Man ride, if only to balance the park out, but that ship has probably sailed

Yeah, hotels are going to be important with all the growth. I honestly don’t think a new ride would be profitable now, superhero films are going to die out pretty soon I imagine.

BTW, I’m really not that much of a Marvel fan :lol: I just think Uni missed a big opportunity to have a big attraction open for this Infinity War fever. (Marvel has had their darn film lineup available for years!!!)

Yeah, hotels are going to be important with all the growth. I honestly don’t think a new ride would be profitable now, superhero films are going to die out pretty soon I imagine.

BTW, I’m really not that much of a Marvel fan :lol: I just think Uni missed a big opportunity to have a big attraction open for this Infinity War fever. (Marvel has had their darn film lineup available for years!!!)

I mean Disney owns Marvel and they don't have a new ride open for Marvel, and won't for years, stateside.