MSHI Expansion? | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, superhero movies will probably stop pulling in these insane numbers pretty soon, Universal might've missed their chance to increase attendance. F&F was obviously the way to go.
I've heard statements like this since The Dark Knight Rises was released. I think that was the same summer that the ORIGINAL Iron Man came out into theaters.

Point being - people have been saying there will be comic book fatigue for TEN YEARS and the two highest grossing Domestic and Worldwide releases this year are Comic Book movies, with Deadpool 2 coming out next week.

Comic Book fatigue will set in when quality drops. Quality usually wins out. It's why Wonder Woman put up amazing numbers last year but Justice League bombed. DC has been laying eggs for most of the last 10 years while Marvel has been knocking it out of the park with the MCU and FOX found an untapped market with their R-rated CBM's within the past few years.

I've heard statements like this since The Dark Knight Rises was released. I think that was the same summer that the ORIGINAL Iron Man came out into theaters.

Point being - people have been saying there will be comic book fatigue for TEN YEARS and the two highest grossing Domestic and Worldwide releases this year are Comic Book movies, with Deadpool 2 coming out next week.

Comic Book fatigue will set in when quality drops. Quality usually wins out. It's why Wonder Woman put up amazing numbers last year but Justice League bombed. DC has been laying eggs for most of the last 10 years while Marvel has been knocking it out of the park with the MCU and FOX found an untapped market with their R-rated CBM's within the past few years.

It was actually the Dark Knight that came out the same summer as Iron Man in 2008. Dark Knight Rises and Avengers came out the same year.

Superhero fatigue will set in when the quality of the movies goes down. I only seem to get fatigue when it’s a DC movie that comes out. I said it when Suicide Squad and Justice League each came out, both horrible. Didn’t even see Wonder Women because of it, even though that’s actually supposed to be good.

But I can’t get enough of Marvel. Just great movie after great movie. They’re taking lesser known superheroes and making them A listers. To go back into the parks, it’s crazy how there’s little to no representation of Iron Man and Thor in the land. Just the 2 cutouts behind Cap that some people probably miss. Those 2 are almost as big as Spider Man at this point.

Reactions: Mike S
I have no doubt that Universal has thought about expanding or adding a ride or two MSHI in the past. The problem is they have to answer to their Disney overlords, and Disney probably isn't letting them.

I mean why wouldn't they wanna capitalize on the current superhero craze that shows no signs of slowing down any time soon.

Because superheroes aren’t becoming less popular. There isn’t a craze. Marvel will continue to be popular so there isn’t a huge need to jump on a craze.

This.

And honestly...I could see a strategy where Universal keeps Iron Legion in its pocket until a few years after RDJ is done with Iron Man, since Avengers 4 is (theoretically) his final go around. That way you lessen the connection people have with the actor/character.

Oh I'm not saying Marvel has never been popular, it defintely has been, hence why we even have MSHI to begin with. But theres no denying that Marvel's popularity with the GA is now bigger than ever because of the MCU.

Uni has clearly expressed intrest on adding to MSHI if the Iron Legion ride is anything to go by, even if it never came to be.

Reactions: JungleSkip
I'm not too familiar with the film industry, it just feels like SO many superhero movies are getting released recently, that they blend together as the same film in my head. It reminds me of the slasher films of the 80s, they feel endless...but I'm no business expert, and maybe superheroes will keep growing and growing, but I can see their popularity starting to slide down in the next 5 yrs or so.
I believe the Marvel bunny stan was being sarcastic about super hero fatigue.
I was being sarcastic with one part of that post, but not about how I think superhero fatigue is imminent.

I'm not too familiar with the film industry, it just feels like SO many superhero movies are getting released recently, that they blend together as the same film in my head. It reminds me of the slasher films of the 80s, they feel endless...but I'm no business expert, and maybe superheroes will keep growing and growing, but I can see their popularity starting to slide down in the next 5 yrs or so.

I was being sarcastic with one part of that post, but not about how I think superhero fatigue is imminent.
Horror movies are cheap and profitable so they will always be around. The high-quality superhero movies will keep going.

How does everyone feel about the costumes the actors where at MSHI?

I think they could use some upgrading. I don't wanna say they look terrible, but they really don't look great either. I'm not saying the costumes should resemble their MCU counterparts, not at all. I much prefer the mostly timeless look of the comics, which is much more universal. But I think its kinda sad how there are cosplayers out there putting together much better looking costumes than the ones Universal uses in the park.

How does everyone feel about the costumes the actors where at MSHI?

I think they could use some upgrading. I don't wanna say they look terrible, but they really don't look great either. I'm not saying the costumes should resemble their MCU counterparts, not at all. I much prefer the mostly timeless look of the comics, which is much more universal. But I think its kinda sad how there are cosplayers out there putting together much better looking costumes than the ones Universal uses in the park.
The costumes look like the 1980s and 90s comic book and cartoon versions.