Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Muppets 3D is one of the only theme park shows that are funny (besides Horror Make-Up Show) so im glad they care for it :D.
They should move Pizza Planet to Pizar Place and then make that a Muppet themed resturant

I'm sure that by the time the new Muppets movie rolls around, Disney's advertising campaign for the franchise will be in full swing in the parks. The Whatnot Shop will be up and running, and hopefully we'll get more Muppet related stuff.

A really nice sitdown Muppets restaurant with a show would be killer, and would bring so much cash to Hollywood Studios. In fact, if there was a theme park with fully formed Pixar, Star Wars, AND Muppet areas, that would be my favorite park ever. But, for now, we've got a park that only has attractions based on these properties. I have a feeling Disney is going to correct this injustice in the next few years at the park.

Now if only the California Adventure version would fix the preshow time clock (it's flashing "Muppet*Vision 3D" as opposed to displaying any funny messages:furious:).

Is Disney planning to close Muppet Vision 3D because of Star Wars land coming to town if so I'd like to know when the announcement will be

^ I hope not! It was one of the very few attractions I was really impressed with at that park. The end blew me away and fooled me for a few minutes. (that is the one where the theater gets destroyed in the end, right?)

Reactions: Jon84 and awhen
I kind of like that attraction also. Those two grumpy old men on the balcony box are just too funny. But I think we may be in the minority Teebs.

As the last performance of Kermit by Jim before his death this would be a legitimate cultural loss.
I was just gonna say that. This was the last thing jim worked on period. Yeah it's a bit outdated in terms of effects but it's still hilarious and full of charm. Closing it would be a terrible loss, especially since it's closed for good at Cali adventure

I was just gonna say that. This was the last thing jim worked on period. Yeah it's a bit outdated in terms of effects but it's still hilarious and full of charm. Closing it would be a terrible loss, especially since it's closed for good at Cali adventure

I didn't realize that it had closed at DCA. What a bummer.

Reactions: Cole
Yup. For a Frozen stage show.

Hilariously it's still technically "closed indefinitely" but the second they ripped out all of the Muppets themeing we all knew it was over. I think only the animatronics remain from it, in the theatre, hidden by curtains and an extended stage of course. So in that sense, it's kind of like the Cranium Command of DCA.

...except you don't have to sneak into it.

Reactions: Cole
Yup. For a Frozen stage show.

Hilariously it's still technically "closed indefinitely" but the second they ripped out all of the Muppets themeing we all knew it was over. I think only the animatronics remain from it, in the theatre, hidden by curtains and an extended stage of course. So in that sense, it's kind of like the Cranium Command of DCA.

...except you don't have to sneak into it.
If the AAs are still there... what if Statler and Wardolf could complain during the Frozen show?

Of Muppet Vision at DHS? Nobody knows for sure if it's even being closed.

If you mean DCA, it's essentially already an extinct attraction except that Disney won't admit it.

Star Wars Land may not come down as far as MuppetVision guys.

There's a lot of speculation from insiders saying it may very well expand into the parking lot.

Reactions: Ryan
What about Mama Melrose then? Will the Indy show still get wiped?
It's still up in the air. I honestly think this project is still very Blue Sky.

Not only was the "concept art" made to evoke an "OMG THIS IS AWESOME" response, but the rides are still up in the are as far as concept, location (at least for DHS). It's similar to the Avatar announcement. This is a bit farther along, but it still has a long way to go before anything starts being built.

As for Mama Melrose/Indy, I can't say for sure, but if they go into the parking lot as i'm expecting right now, it'll be safe. And Indy was actually supposed to be gone last year, so I wouldn't get our hopes up that it stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.