Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Muppets Courtyard (MuppetVision & PizzeRizzo)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When in the world is Disney going to announce the closing of muppet vision 3D

Every time you ask a question, my mind imagines you as the Mickey replica asking questions in the restaurant in the first episode of Doctor Who.

Reactions: Quint
Disneyhead and Dave on Magic are saying MuppetVision is done for while the former says it might not be the end of their presence in the park.

If so, then now we are throwing the baby out with the bath water. Yeeesh Disney.
It's the last project Henson worked on, tough pill to swallow if lost. However, it is looking dated and brings in fairly low crowds. So while there is a great history behind it, from current Disney perspective, Muppet Vision is a waste of space, taking up valuable attraction space.

Hell, all of Streets of America is wasting valuable attraction space.

from current Disney perspective, Muppet Vision is a waste of space

I have to disagree. Disney is really pushing the Muppet show debuting this month. I can't see them putting so much into a new primetime show and then taking them out of the parks. If the new show does well - which I think it will - it may really help MuppetVision survive.

I have to disagree. Disney is really pushing the Muppet show debuting this month. I can't see them putting so much into a new primetime show and then taking them out of the parks. If the new show does well - which I think it will - it may really help MuppetVision survive.
If Muppets popularity regains itself, hopefully they'll actually build a Muppet RIDE. Kinda like the one that was supposed to be built in the would-be Muppet Studios area of the park...

Muppet%2BCtyd.jpg

Last edited:
If Muppet popularity regains itself, hopefully they'll actually build a Muppet RIDE. Kinda like the one that was supposed to be built in the would-be Muppet Studios area of the park...

Muppet%2BCtyd.jpg

Mind if I ask where you got that? I'm working on a new post about culture, theme parks, and the legacy of Jim Henson. Just want to appropriately give credit.

When is the announcement did these guys say when will the last day be.

You've asked this a lot, there is no closing date. Unless it's up on Disney's site we do not know. Simple as that. And in fact, even if Disney DOES announce a closing date it doesn't mean it'll happen. Crazier things have happened.

I disagree. As a huge Muppets fan, the show was full of classic one-liners and gags since the first ep. And compared to everything else airing currently, it was easily one of the funniest shows on primetime.

I disagree. As a huge Muppets fan, the show was full of classic one-liners and gags since the first ep. And compared to everything else airing currently, it was easily one of the funniest shows on primetime.
It did have some good one liners, but as an overall show, it didn't capture my interest. I had about 6-7 episodes backed up on my DVR at one point because I just stopped caring.

It was a hot mess. Conceptually flawed (the format was limiting), ruthlessly unlikable until its retool which was so major that it suffered under the constraints of the mere six episodes it was given to do it. ABC was insanely impatient since the show was hyped all summer as the next "big" hit. Whoops.

This is the end of the road for Kermit and friends as a viable Disney franchise. A lot of it is Disney's fault, too. Who the hell let a two-hour-long, convoluted Muppets film starring B-list celebs go to production? Yes, they wanted a film fast but wow that was a huge mistake. And then they let the same careless idiocy happen upon the sitcom. I wonder if they wanted them to fail?

I guess that Swedish Chef restaurant ain't happening, and MuppetVision will stay in DHS until they figure out what to replace it with in the year 2020.

One better hope Iger's replacement is a huge Muppets fan, because for now it's just appearances on Jimmy Fallon. How ironic.

I guess that Swedish Chef restaurant ain't happening, and MuppetVision will stay in DHS until they figure out what to replace it with in the year 2020.

One better hope Iger's replacement is a huge Muppets fan, because for now it's just appearances on Jimmy Fallon. How ironic.
The cancellation of a TV show means no restaurant? Pizza Planet is already becoming Muppet themed and heavy rumor is Mama Melrose is getting the same treatment once the Muppet quick service opens.

Reactions: Cole
The rumor was that they were holding out to see if the show was canned or not. Per Deadline, it was a last-minute decision but the heavy financial woes of Disney's media division basically forces their hand. (the franchise quotient of the show was the reason behind the back-and-forth)

Now we wait and see if Disney wants to bother themeing a restaurant (maybe 2) to what is now a "dead" franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.