NBC Media Center | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Media Center

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 9, 2009
The Daily Bugle
I always hate starting one of these threads like a noob but the search engine didn't find anything on this topic. Didn't we have a thread talking about Universal converting that empty building near La Bomba into a museum dedicated to the history of the park? HatetoFly was making it sound like a sure thing I thought in some other thread. Did it fall through?

We had a rumored thread about la bamba but hey atleast we have a official thread now. I'm pretty sure it's still happening but I'm not a insider so I shouldn't be talking

Thanks. ! I'll have to look that up. Would it be an attraction of some kind or just something we have to get a separate admission for?

No problem!!! I'd be something like the NBC universal experience at hollywood. A museum exhibit consisting of movie and old ride props. I'd be an attraction I'm almost positive on that

Seems to me that, even leaving Cafe la Bamba alone, there would be enough room for the museum in the Garden of Allah area. I don't know how well la Bamba is doing financially, but it would probably be spendy to tear out a full kitchen.

I think the museum could actually lead to greater use of La Bamba. They could take another quick service stand offline after that.

Well la bamba suffers from a awkward location. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it does well business wise character breakfasts aside. Isnt it actually temporary like green eggs and ham?

Well la bamba suffers from a awkward location. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think it does well business wise character breakfasts aside. Isnt it actually temporary like green eggs and ham?
Well, I'm pretty sure neither of them are temporary, but they both are only open seasonally/during peak times/whenever they feel like having it open. I've never even been able to go inside, because it's so often closed. However, maybe come Tuesday it'll be open a little more often...

If you have a chance you should definitely go in and check it out. Its usually not too crowded, it has great A/C and offers unique decor compared to the other Universal restaurants. I haven't had the food since they've changed the menu but seeing what others have ordered the burritos are quite large. It also has some nice paintings in the back dinning room.

I would love that everything that is in the Monster's cafe will be moved here. There is a lot of special stuff that needs to be in the park, I wish they build a couple of rooms to just move everything there

Well, I'm pretty sure neither of them are temporary, but they both are only open seasonally/during peak times/whenever they feel like having it open. I've never even been able to go inside, because it's so often closed. However, maybe come Tuesday it'll be open a little more often...
Seasonal was the word I was looking for thank you

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a chance you should definitely go in and check it out. Its usually not too crowded, it has great A/C and offers unique decor compared to the other Universal restaurants. I haven't had the food since they've changed the menu but seeing what others have ordered the burritos are quite large. It also has some nice paintings in the back dinning room.

I gotta check it out, always one I was curious about along side whimpys burgers

That Buzzfeed thing is so awesome. Uni is the king of retrofitting attractions.

Last edited: