NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can see "Dad" spending the afternoon here while the kids (teens) are in the parks. I think this will be more popular than NASCAR was.

I know during college football season I'll be taking my Dad over there to watch WVU. He will like it.

I can see "Dad" spending the afternoon here while the kids (teens) are in the parks. I think this will be more popular than NASCAR was.

I'll honestly be flabbergasted, and happily eat crow, if this isn't wildly more popular than NASCAR. The screens outside alone will draw people in. The minute there's a soccer game on, the UKers and Brazillians will flock to the place.

Reactions: kimlovesfl
I'll honestly be flabbergasted, and happily eat crow, if this isn't wildly more popular than NASCAR. The screens outside alone will draw people in. The minute there's a soccer game on, the UKers and Brazillians will flock to the place.
Haha. Truth.

The number South Americans I have seen at the outlet mall taking a selfie in front of the Adidas outlet is ridiculous.

The World Cup was thought to have taken a good amount of guests away from the parks last summer, and Universal obviously took the biggest hit considering their huge South American fan base and lack of outlets to watch. This will combat that in the future.

Not to mention that if you actually look at the different groups of tourists, the ones going to theme parks tend to be the mass organized tourists, the least adventurous ones--they aren't gonna want anything more exotic than what's here. Basically, it won't fail.

Wow, how about that, a counter post that actually has supporting reasons and logic rather than random fanboi outbursts over someone disagreeing with them...

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
I frequently see people posting on message boards about where they can watch sports when they're near the parks...this answers that.

ESPN Club isn't comparable IMO as it only really is visible to those who are staying at Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach Clubs...yes, technically people in Epcot can visit by walking over, but who really knows it exists?

This is the most visible location imaginable.

Ooh, NBC has Formula 1 now...a few races might be shown there, that'd be cool (though honestly most races are shown in early morning hours for us in the U.S.)

I would guess that the NASCAR branding also kept a lot of people away, which I think won't really be an issue with NBC.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Geeez, I still thought that that was all it was ... cars out front and hanging on the inside... Ricky Bobby Land.

Yeeesh, gives me the shivers thinking about it. :saywhat:
Gonna have to jump on that bandwagon too. I have blown right by that place every single time I have went like it was...well, filled with NASCAR stuff. Definitely not a northerner's favorite but seems I have a reason to enter now...I don't know what to do with my hands.

Actually wouldn't be surprised to hear if many people saw "NASCAR" and didn't want to check it out thinking it was strictly racing.

That's pretty much how I was. I don't have anything against NASCAR per se, and I'd heard their food was decent enough, but I just never really felt compelled to go there. I will definitely check out NBC, I could absolutely see myself stopping in there after a day at the parks to enjoy the occasional baseball game.

Actually wouldn't be surprised to hear if many people saw "NASCAR" and didn't want to check it out thinking it was strictly racing.

Interesting that so many people didn't go to Nascar because of the name. I'm not a Nascar fan at all, but we ate there a few times. Sure, I ignored the screens and everything else they had to offer, but the food was good.

I'm much more familiar with NBC Sports than I am with Nascar, as I watch as many hockey games as I can on there (when they aren't blackout due to MSG's rights :saw:) so this is already a bigger draw.

Hilarious that NBC now has the rights to the second half (July - November) of the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Xfinity schedule (including qualifying and practice sessions). NASCAR will probably be on a lot of the screens come HHN season as a result.

This will do great, especially with the increase in foot-traffic to the parks. Also, I don't know why this gets comparisons to Buffalo Wild Wings. They suck and the wings suck. This will surely be better than that without even trying. NASCAR alone was 10x better.

So far from the concepts it sounds amazing. I'm a big craft beer drinker. So can't wait to see their selection. The beer garden sounds nice and chill as well. 75 menu items sounds nuts. Who knows if all of that will stay. I wonder if they will play ppv like wrestling or ufc.