NBC Sports Grill Brew | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

NBC Sports Grill Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's not really a complaint - and for a community that's so into the development of Universal Orlando Resort I expected better responses TBH. Cowfish in ordinary in the sense that a lot of the menu items are interchangeable with other restaurant styles and concepts. It's popular mainstream food and ingredients that either take the form of a hamburger or a roll of sushi. Pretty basic stuff in my opinion. The uniqueness comes with the two being married together.

I guess there's always going to be that crowd of people that'll just settle for the ordinary - which is what this and several other Citywalk restaurants provide (Cough Cough CowFish, Hotdog, Breadbox). If you honestly think that there isn't ENOUGH of that out there, you're probably the same customer that loves to buy hot pockets and doesn't like vegetables unless their smothered in cream sauce.

All three of those restaurants you listed specialize in niches of American fare, and they all do those particular niches very, very well, regardless of whether you think it's "ordinary" or not. American fare is going to be the most coveted, because, you know... we're in America. So there's obviously going to be more of that available than anything else.

Here's some ideas off the top of my head I'd rather see at CityWalk than the NBC BrewMart:

Family Style Restaurant
Farm to Table Cuisine
Gastro Pub
A real Japanese restaurant
An actual steakhouse
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Those are all fantastic ideas, some or all of which will hopefully be implemented down the line. NBA City will hopefully be replaced, and I personally wouldn't be heartbroken to see Pat O'Brien's or Bob Marley go.

I honestly can't see NBC BrewMart lasting too long.

I think you are in a tiny minority there.

Family Style Restaurant
Farm to Table Cuisine
Gastro Pub
A real Japanese restaurant
An actual steakhouse
Etc. Etc. Etc.

I consider everything on this list to be ordinary. I can be at multiple restaurants in those styles in 10-20 minutes from my home and I am sure most people can. I don't see why those styles get a pass, but this new addition wouldn't.

:fight:

So anyway...

Really looking forward to the full announcement. I wonder if this will just be the Nascar cafe but with NBC Sports Network on the TV screens. Not that I'm complaining, they show hockey on that network!

Reactions: allienoves
This is what city walk needs. Before HHN last year my friends and I were trying to watch the Florida Alabama game and Nascar was bought out and so we had to go to Margaritaville. And that turned out poop. Some people walked out after the bs music that comes on every 30 minutes for 10 minutes or so.

College football/HHN season...

Jesus this place will be slammed

IMO, the thing that would be awesome is a high end food court. Not sure if anyone has been to singapore before, but the food courts there are unreal, better than restaurants here. A cool food court with international options, unique food truck area and a replacement for emerils (Not tchop chop) would be great changed. NBA city will be gone for something else which I can't really think of viable options but here are the type of things that are currently missing that could be considered

- Steakhouse with American, Japanese, Brazilian and European influences
- High end Seafood
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern Cuisine (Greek, Indian, Arab Influences)
- Asian Bistro and Dim Sum House

Other than those, you would hope that you can get some big time chef's to come in and create a great menu.

Best idea actually.

Give Anthony Bourdain NBA city and let him call its "No reservations". He creates the menu and he can have it decorated with influences from all over the globe.

I think if anything, it will just hurt NBA City all the more, but I think it's becoming clear that NBA City isn't long for this world.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I think if anything, it will just hurt NBA City all the more, but I think it's becoming clear that NBA City isn't long for this world.

Couldn't agree more. I would not be surprised if NBA City leaves next year. Being that I love craft beer. I can't wait to hear about that side.

It's not really a complaint - and for a community that's so into the development of Universal Orlando Resort I expected better responses TBH. Cowfish in ordinary in the sense that a lot of the menu items are interchangeable with other restaurant styles and concepts. It's popular mainstream food and ingredients that either take the form of a hamburger or a roll of sushi. Pretty basic stuff in my opinion. The uniqueness comes with the two being married together.

Which could be said about any restaurant.

Just don't feed the troll. It's as simple as that.

There is no way this isn't successful.

If you're trying to call me a troll for having a difference of opinion, you're batting way out of your league. Just stop.

Will this place be popular among the Universal fanboys? Of course it will, but you're all missing the point. For "Us" (the fans), sure this is going to be a fun hang out spot to grab a pint before HHN, but lets look beyond that to the client that the resort is trying to go after. People on vacation 1) want something different to eat besides sports food and 2) don't schedule sports into their theme park schedules. You also need to factor in that the majority of Universal's visitors aren't staying at their hotels. Bottom line is that we all knew this was coming thanks to some of the insiders on here - but this isn't a step in a direction that makes them more of a resort and less of an extended version of a theme park. Citywalk needs to get into the habit of weeding out the Orlando locals who don't spend money in favor of a more invested crowd. This addition wont do it for them.

iWKad22.jpg

Reactions: *Q*
If resort guests don't like beer and versions of sports bar food, why does Disney have an ESPN restaurant on both coasts? :lol:

If you're trying to call me a troll for having a difference of opinion, you're batting way out of your league. Just stop.

Will this place be popular among the Universal fanboys? Of course it will, but you're all missing the point. For "Us" (the fans), sure this is going to be a fun hang out spot to grab a pint before HHN, but lets look beyond that to the client that the resort is trying to go after. People on vacation 1) want something different to eat besides sports food and 2) don't schedule sports into their theme park schedules. You also need to factor in that the majority of Universal's visitors aren't staying at their hotels. Bottom line is that we all knew this was coming thanks to some of the insiders on here - but this isn't a step in a direction that makes them more of a resort and less of an extended version of a theme park. Citywalk needs to get into the habit of weeding out the Orlando locals who don't spend money in favor of a more invested crowd. This addition wont do it for them.
How about the tourists who want to grab a bite to eat on the way out of USF and feel like eating simple? It's the first restaurant they'll pass assuming they go that way, and if they want to watch a game there's more incentive for them to go there than say Cowfish. And since Universal owns this restaurant 100%, they'll get all the money.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
CityWalk offers a simple approach to cuisine whereas the Resorts offer the more intimate/specific kind of experience. I think it was the right move for them, especially considering Craft Beer is all the rage now. Then again, we don't know specifics just yet, or menu so.....