Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Animation Studio Store

I agree with William. Although I think they waited too long for this structure to be removed, It seems like this building will be staying for another few months. The planter and building should have been removed before HoH went under IMO. Would have helped alleviate a lot of the traffic jams in that pathway this past Summer. 

Yeah I'm guessing USH is at a stalemate point with Potter close to opening... they just waited too long. I think it'll be raised either after the summer or in the winter, and will be transformed into the Hello Kitty retail shop next year with a more thematic exterior.

I wonder if they'll remove the structure altogether, or if they will just simply retheme the buildings altogether (although considering that Cartooniversal {AKA, as you guys mentioned; The Emporium}, it has been one of the longest strucutres that has been around for a while.

I'm curious to see what happens, as who knows. Maybe it's Hello Kitty? I guess we'll see.

I wonder if they'll remove the structure altogether, or if they will just simply retheme the buildings altogether (although considering that Cartooniversal {AKA, as you guys mentioned; The Emporium}, it has been one of the longest strucutres that has been around for a while.

It's most likely coming down completely

In that case, that could open quite a bit of space; if they use the area behind (the area that was leveled earlier in the year) and the entrance to Gibson, although I guess we'll see.

I doubt it, since the area behind the building is used for the dressing/undressing of the characters. Not to mention that they'd have to physically raise the area to be able to use the space that was leveled off when the Gibson was removed. And they'd still have the problem of having to hide the break area/walkway of employees from public view. (not going into too much detail about this though.)

I hope it's not Hello, Kitty, but I doubt it.  It would make sense for Universal to retheme Cartooniversal for a Hollywood or New York themed shop, since Cartooniversal is completely out of place with all the new scenery.  I'd imagine it would be another shop or restaurant, but we'll see!

I'm curious as to what the replacement will be? I wonder if Hello Kitty will go here. If everyone remembers in the Universal Orlando Blog post where it was announced that Orlando was getting a store, they also mentioned that Hollywood would get one at some point. Maybe this will be it.

I'm curious as to what the replacement will be? I wonder if Hello Kitty will go here. If everyone remembers in the Universal Orlando Blog post where it was announced that Orlando was getting a store, they also mentioned that Hollywood would get one at some point. Maybe this will be it.

Perhaps we could see like what UOR did with HK to where they divided the store to I believe two distinctive parts (they mixed Betty Boop and Sanrio) but with Universal animation (DWA/Illuminations) on one side and Sanrio IP's on the other?

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad to hear it will match Universal Blvd! Any word on how much space the new building will take up? 

My guess is that this building will reach all the way over to the restrooms by WaterWorld. The seating setup between Cartooniversal and the WaterWorld restrooms that replaced the entrance to the Gibson Amphitheater has always looked temporary.