New Jurassic World film (2025) | Inside Universal Forums

New Jurassic World film (2025)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like a film about big game hunting but using Dinosaurs instead would make sense

Lead into a sequel where they have a sanctuary for Dinosaurs...and thinks go like they always do, lol

I like Dino’s in films so I’m down for this. The JW franchise was not perfect, but it did not ruin the concept for me at all, and was clearly successful. Keep it going imo

On a side note, depending on how well this new JW film does, a hypothetical JW land for UGB could be based off this new iteration of the IP keeping in line with the mission to give UGB unique experiences not found at other Universal parks.

Reactions: BriefCasey
After the awful disaster that was Dominion, my expectations are not high for this new one.

Also I hope it has re-watch ability like the original trilogy, because JW doesn't have that. At least not for me.

Bring back Lex & Tim...

I genuinely think a film made like The Birds or even NOPE, but with Dinosaurs invading and ravaging a town; would be metal as hell. Go full on into horror.
I would be very down for something like that...I hope they keep it smaller

These stories don't need to be "epic" the first film has big moments but is a pretty simple fun film with horror aspects

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Fans: Give us a horror-type movie like "The Birds"
Universal: Best we can do is locusts.

Maybe they'll just finally go the HHN 2002 route of "JP: Extinction" (Island of Fear name) and do "Project EVILution" (house name)...

Half-human, half-dino hybrids :p

I genuinely think a film made like The Birds or even NOPE, but with Dinosaurs invading and ravaging a town; would be metal as hell. Go full on into horror.
I share the impulse to want to see this, but given that toy sales are a HUGE part of the franchise, I don't think we will ever see a pure horror JURASSIC movie.

I do, however, think it would be plausible to see a movie as intense as the original JP, and I'd like to see them aim for a tone of real danger again. Yes, you can still do moments of awe and wonder, but let (some of) the dinosaurs be scary. No more "hero" velociraptors and rexes. Let some "good guy" characters die.

I share the impulse to want to see this, but given that toy sales are a HUGE part of the franchise, I don't think we will ever see a pure horror JURASSIC movie.

I do, however, think it would be plausible to see a movie as intense as the original JP, and I'd like to see them aim for a tone of real danger again. Yes, you can still do moments of awe and wonder, but let (some of) the dinosaurs be scary. No more "hero" velociraptors and rexes. Let some "good guy" characters die.
I think with the fact they are openly toying with a horror-based JP title via the First Person Horror Game; I think it's certainly possible more than anything.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95