New Jurassic World film (2025) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Jurassic World film (2025)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
He kinda has a whatever track record (strong visuals, bad scripts) but given the franchise's track record thus far and the fact that they already have a Koepp script, he's kinda the best case scenario.

Reactions: belloq87
Good choice. I didn't like THE CREATOR, but that didn't have anything to do with Edwards' direction, which I think has generally been strong in all of his films.
I really enjoy his Godzilla (the naturalism theme makes him an interesting fit for Jurassic). At the very least, I think he's quite adept at handling large action setpieces without it feeling too chaotic.

Offered, not actually cast. We'll have to wait & see. Honestly, right now, I care less about who will be in it. Just give me a plot synopsis other than "Dinos on the loose". We already know that'll happen.

She's got nothing going on with Marvel anymore so I really wouldn't be surprised if she takes this for the easy payday. She's done a few indie films (Asteroid City and North Star), but not been in a big budget film since Black Widow. That fits the mold of someone who simply may want to be on the front of people's minds again.

However, Scarlett Johansson is not the type of actress that typically takes a project that is hot garbage, so if she signs on, I'd have faith that at least on paper, this should be okay and there's plenty of room for her to shine. She's been in plenty of mediocre films that had some potential that they didn't fulfill, however things aren't automatically fixed if they get her, although it could be an encouraging sign.

To me, it's really all about the writing. That's where these films are falling apart.

Hopefully this time, no more having kids as one of the main protagonists. Every Jurassic Park movie has them and I feel they're one of the reasons why the writing in these films suffered greatly. The kids in the first film are the only ones used properly, others are just there for the sake of the plot and to bring families/kids to watch them.

Reactions: Ahmanet and GA-MBIT
The kids in the first film are the only ones used properly, others are just there for the sake of the plot and to bring families/kids to watch them.
I'd argue the original trilogy in general handled it fine. The ONLY issue with Lost World's Kelly was the ridiculous Raptor Gymnastics scene. JP3's Eric was fine, but he didn't come across as being 12yrs old like it's stated in the synopsis.

I'd also argue that the kids being in the films aren't marketed to bring in families because outside of JW, they weren't really a focal point in the trailers. Families & kids are brought in because dinosaurs, not because kids play a role.

Maisie doesn't count as a kid. She was a stupid clone that ruined JW3.. and should've been eaten in JW2

The day they have a child be eaten in a Jurassic movie is the day that movie becomes my favorite of all time.

That was such a great start to the movie.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park.... the opening of the movie with the rich British family. The compys eat the little girl (off screen)
I wasn't sure about that last part but it appears she's alive and traumatized (presumably).

While explaining what happened, Hammond assures Malcolm that Cathy survived the attack and implies she didn't suffer any permanent physical injuries (though she's undoubtedly traumatized by the event).

• Wow
Reactions: Wesker69