New Jurassic World film (2025) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

New Jurassic World film (2025)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I may have said this before but I’d love to see a JP movie go the Deadpool route—keep it mid-budget and give it a solid R rating. What you don’t have in spectacle and elaborate set pieces you could make up for in blood and gore. I think the novelty of a semi-graphic dino movie would be enough to make a tidy little profit, even at <$1b

I guess they learned absolutely nothing from JP3 which was rushed from the beginning and we all know how that turned out. They literally just ran out of time and money so we got no climax in that film. Spielberg and co should know better.
What do you mean “we got no climax?” That movie has two climaxes. The antagonist climax with the spinosaur and the river crane, and the emotional climax, with the raptors and the eggs.

Reactions: Wesker69
Movie comes out in <17 months and it doesn't have a director or a cast.
David Attenborough's still doing voiceover work right? Let's make it a Jurassic Park nature documentary. We can't ever have enough of those.

It's a bit strange when a company forces itself to hold a deadline it could change. It's understandable in some industries and whatnot but with this, when a movie release date change isn't uncommon, why not just move the project back a year? I want a JP movie that makes me feel like I have to see it in theaters. The last two haven't really done that and I still haven't seen the latest one.

I may have said this before but I’d love to see a JP movie go the Deadpool route—keep it mid-budget and give it a solid R rating. What you don’t have in spectacle and elaborate set pieces you could make up for in blood and gore. I think the novelty of a semi-graphic dino movie would be enough to make a tidy little profit, even at <$1b
It doesn't need to be gratuitous either. The original JP movie did an amazing job making you dread the T-rex once you heard its footsteps in multiple scenes. There's a couple of scenes in the first Jurassic World movie that matched the same energy once the dinos got out. Still, and I admit it could be nostalgia playing a factor, there's more memorable scenes I can think back on in the original series than the new one.

But yes, let dinos be dinos.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Believe budget and production issues played a part with that. If memory serves me right, the ending would’ve been a little more grander.
There was definitely some trouble on that production, but I've yet to see a draft of a screenplay with a significantly different/bigger ending. Could exist, I've just not encountered it yet.

No militarized Dinos!? .....booo... no fun. I wanted my HHN 2002 half-human/half-dino hybrids :p

Automatically, my brain hates the words "smaller scale", but it's too soon to see how that'll be executed. "Action focused" sounds like JP3 all over again, but that's not a bad thing. As long as the action is more practical instead of CGI-heavy.

My one gripe about Dominion (okay I have A LOT of gripes about it), is that it completely ignored nearly everything set up in "Fallen Kingdom". I'd almost like to see what happened to the "sold" dinos from the auction, not to mention the hybrid horrors glimpsed on Dr Henry Wu's computer!

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Escape from New York with dinos is an amazing pitch so it sucks that they're just gonna go with a shooter rather than letting someone with a gonzo sensibility take a crack (Raimi? Please???)

Lol this might actually hit its release date

Kinda figured it'd be Edwards, given his effects-heavg credits and the fact that he doesn't have to write the script (probably his biggest weakness).
Was literally about to post this, lol. Either way... YES. What a huge improvement over David Leitch as a director. Definitely hyped now!!! :love:

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Was literally about to post this, lol. Either way... YES. What a huge improvement over David Leitch as a director. Definitely hyped now!!! :love:
A really good action director does not mean anything if the script sucks. That’s my hesitation. People will of course flock to this thing still flock to this because Dinosaurs, but I’m still skeptical it’ll actually be good.

I'm still bitter over Dominion, I'll still see it because as Nick said, "Dinosaurs". But my expectations are low after "Plague of Locusts: A Jurassic World Story"
Did you check out the directors cut? It doesn't improve the movie much but it's enough that it makes the film more enjoyable tbh

Of course I saw the Director's Cut, but it didn't do anything to improve or change the movie. I was promised chaos at the end of Fallen Kingdom, but was given Attack of the Clones (and not the good one that provides reasons why I hate sand)

• Haha
Reactions: saint.piss