New Parking Garage | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

New Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Project 146 Parking Structure

http://www.finfrock.com/

105d116d37695e4277a2af4c829bce6e.jpg

Yes, Portofino's garage comes in handy for us. Since we take long vacations at Universal, it's nice to be able to park the car in am enclosed area out of the elements. As Jakemeister said, its fairly small plus a significant area is not under roof.

Go to google maps.

Look to the left of Diagon Alley where the giant parking lot is.

Tada. It won't free up any room, it will just take up the current parking lot and maybe allow a few more backstage buildings. This parking complex is for team member parking and backstage improvements, nothing more.

This is an exciting development for employees, but will have nothing to do with any type of guest experience now or in the future. Maybe, possibly, guests might park in that garage is things get too crazy and be shuttled over to the main entrance at the bus loop, but that's about it.

Hockeyman.Here is a very rough idea on where it will be

Thanks guys. I had misunderstood, I was thinking staff parking was located elsewhere thus freeing up more room for expansion :doh:, these 2 posts have made it crystal clear now, Thanks.

This is cool news! Gotta love the Universal machine that does not stop, whether it's in guest areas or backstage! :cheers:

BTW, I never knew Portofino had a parking garage! The one time I stayed there, we parked out in the sun...

^ Mike I think Cabana Bays parking garage is going right where you labeled cabana bay on that map.

Hate, isn't the CBBR parking going to be set up so you park by your room, sort of motel style?

So quick little update; in the span of about 4 hours yesterday they put up 4 staircase pieces and a wall (2 wall pieces for the stairwell were already up), with another wall piece arriving on a flatbed. I was very surprised to see, though that they didn't level out the land completely, it still has a decent rise just like the parking lot did as you get closer to the road.

Dear fellow Team Members,

The wait is finally over! Your new Team Member parking structure will open on Monday, May 12 at 7:30am — weeks ahead of schedule!

Now it’s time to celebrate. Please join me and your fellow Team Members in the new parking structure on May 12 from 7:30-9:30am or noon-2:00pm for food, games, prizes and more. You’ll even have the opportunity to submit your suggestion for a name for the new structure… you won’t want to miss it!

I understand that the past several months may have been frustrating at times and I can’t stress enough how much I appreciate your patience during construction. As tough as growth can sometimes be, however, there is no better time to be part of Universal Orlando. As our resort continues to grow we will also continue our strong focus on creating an environment where our Team Members are proud to work. The new parking structure is just one example of our commitment to our team.

You are the best in the business and I thank you for the role you play in creating extraordinary guest experiences every day. I hope to see you at the Team Member Parking structure grand opening!

Bill
from uoteam.com

^ I wonder if they'll do softs before the grand opening celebration :pound: