New Parking Garage | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

New Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Project 146's parking garage is totally separate from this. Yes two parking garages are going up. Employees from certain attractions have and are being notified they must begin parking out at the main garage.

Shrek and DM employees are moving to CityWalk for an unspecified amount of time, but the info about the garage was unknown before I mentioned it, then that move made more sense to the person who told me. TMs are already parking in Dr. Phillips HS for overflow. I'm surprised they didn't do this before they got Cabana Bay underway.

:wave: :thumbs:

I'm really interested in the square footage of this thing, as that will tell us just how much space is being freed up for movement of buildings and facilities.

Thanks for the news, HTF. :thumbs:

Strangely, I've heard from my source that the Team Member parking structure is simply a second level layered onto the existing lot (and not a 3-level traditional garage). I have no reason to believe my intel is more accurate than yours, but I just wanted to throw it out there for consideration. :smiley:

Thanks for the news, HTF. :thumbs:

Strangely, I've heard from my source that the Team Member parking structure is simply a second level layered onto the existing lot (and not a 3-level traditional garage). I have no reason to believe my intel is more accurate than yours, but I just wanted to throw it out there for consideration. :smiley:

To be fair I wasn't positive on the number of levels so your info may be correct.

I think I'm on to something here....

image_t6.jpg

So we are going to join in on the Smurfs journey through a Pandora parking lot. On a mission to find a parking spot for their Mountain Banshee.

Maybe the parking lot will be themed to a Pandora forest that has been clear cut to make a parking lot!

A little background on the TM lot.

When the parking structures were built there was a wardrobe building incorporated into one of them for the City Walk Employees. When times were tough they closed that down and had all of the City Walk employees take their clothing home with them instead. Once potter hit and they were having issues with the team member lot they did a number of things to release that stress. The first was the dreaded Hollywood Lot where they are now building Cabana Bay. The second was to talk all of the POE, Marvel, and Guest Services team members and move them from parking in the TM lot to the parking structure. To facilitate that they decided to re-open the wardrobe in the parking structure.

Even with the Hollywood lot and some TMs parking out in the garage during peak periods they were maxing out the lots, and had to park some team members over at Dr. Phillips High School. Sadly that even maxed out and they had to park team members at Royal Pacific. With wanting to build Cabana Bay, and paying for expensive shuttles to remote parking they wanted to fix the issue once and for all, so they decided on a re-design of the TM lot. Sadly while that re-design did create about 170 new spots, it made all the spots smaller, and didn't completely remove the need for remote parking during peak periods, but now the Hollywood Lot is gone. As part of that re-design they moved offices from a trailer (that was placed on an older piece of the lot) to back where the old Hard Rock was, and turned that section into the managers lot (Which it was before the trailers were put there). The existing managers lot was then converted to TM parking as well as the "box" at the back of the lot, both redesigned to increase the number of spots.

I'm sad but not surprised to hear that effort to re-design the lot failed.

Shrek and DM employees are moving to CityWalk for an unspecified amount of time, but the info about the garage was unknown before I mentioned it, then that move made more sense to the person who told me. TMs are already parking in Dr. Phillips HS for overflow. I'm surprised they didn't do this before they got Cabana Bay underway.
They thought the re-design would fix it, they were wrong.

I understand capacity issues and all, but 6 months is too fast. I mean they have to pay extra to get a parking garage up by the end of the year when phase 2 won't be open until middle of next year. I think some of the hinting HTF is doing really means this is the start of a major project. Uni has issues with space. So build a parking structure and free up some space. That space would not be usable for rides, but some of the current CM buildings would if they were moved back there. So then expediting this project makes sense. The faster you get this done, the faster you can move the other buildings and things (bunkers) and the faster you can build attractions. That way you can meet a 2016/2017 deadlines for this major project. I imagine there are other buildings that may get moved back there in the future that would free up other parts not just MIB/Simpson area.
They have a lot of issues during that last week of the year. They park TMs EVERYWHERE and run a lot of shuttle busses. So if they can get it up by December 20th they'll be happy with that.

Reactions: Jakemeister
Yeah, that narrative matches up exactly with what all my friends have told me when they complain about parking during peak periods and events like Rock the Universe, I just didn't feel like typing a narrative and didn't remember all the finer points laid out by Nitro. :lol:

You wouldn't happen to know how this is going to be constructed, would you? I'm going to be very surprised if they don't completely raze a section to put this up.

Yeah, that narrative matches up exactly with what all my friends have told me when they complain about parking during peak periods and events like Rock the Universe, I just didn't feel like typing a narrative and didn't remember all the finer points laid out by Nitro. :lol:

You wouldn't happen to know how this is going to be constructed, would you? I'm going to be very surprised if they don't completely raze a section to put this up.

To be honest HTF's report is the first I've heard of it, so no idea. I know when they re-did the parking lot it was decided a parking deck to expensive/not needed. There was also a behind the scenes rumor floating around that they did some testing for a deck and found the ground there couldn't support one, never really bought that though.

Yeah, with things like Rock the Universe, Gradventure or Grad Bash it's rough. Everyone has to park in the main structure as the TM lot is used for dropoffs.

Yeah, with things like Rock the Universe, Gradventure or Grad Bash it's rough. Everyone has to park in the main structure as the TM lot is used for dropoffs.

Those days are horrible, but at least you know it's coming. The one I think was the worst was the last week of 2010. You show up in the TM lot and it's full, go down to the Hollywood lot and it's full, over to Dr. Philips and it's full, down to RCR to find a spot, then a bus to work. So about 45 mins from the time you arrive on property to when you get to gate 2.

Those days are horrible, but at least you know it's coming. The one I think was the worst was the last week of 2010. You show up in the TM lot and it's full, go down to the Hollywood lot and it's full, over to Dr. Philips and it's full, down to RCR to find a spot, then a bus to work. So about 45 mins from the time you arrive on property to when you get to gate 2.
I don't even mess with driving anymore. I live so close that I just ride my bike to Gate 2 and lock up at the bike racks there. Saves A LOT of time. :lol:

Reactions: Jakemeister
To be honest HTF's report is the first I've heard of it, so no idea. I know when they re-did the parking lot it was decided a parking deck to expensive/not needed. There was also a behind the scenes rumor floating around that they did some testing for a deck and found the ground there couldn't support one, never really bought that though.

I wouldn't buy that, either. I do think it will require a lot of ground work, but not the kind of soil stabilization that would be major.

A little background on the TM lot.

When the parking structures were built there was a wardrobe building incorporated into one of them for the City Walk Employees. When times were tough they closed that down and had all of the City Walk employees take their clothing home with them instead. Once potter hit and they were having issues with the team member lot they did a number of things to release that stress. The first was the dreaded Hollywood Lot where they are now building Cabana Bay. The second was to talk all of the POE, Marvel, and Guest Services team members and move them from parking in the TM lot to the parking structure. To facilitate that they decided to re-open the wardrobe in the parking structure.

Even with the Hollywood lot and some TMs parking out in the garage during peak periods they were maxing out the lots, and had to park some team members over at Dr. Phillips High School. Sadly that even maxed out and they had to park team members at Royal Pacific. With wanting to build Cabana Bay, and paying for expensive shuttles to remote parking they wanted to fix the issue once and for all, so they decided on a re-design of the TM lot. Sadly while that re-design did create about 170 new spots, it made all the spots smaller, and didn't completely remove the need for remote parking during peak periods, but now the Hollywood Lot is gone. As part of that re-design they moved offices from a trailer (that was placed on an older piece of the lot) to back where the old Hard Rock was, and turned that section into the managers lot (Which it was before the trailers were put there). The existing managers lot was then converted to TM parking as well as the "box" at the back of the lot, both redesigned to increase the number of spots.

I'm sad but not surprised to hear that effort to re-design the lot failed.

They thought the re-design would fix it, they were wrong.

They have a lot of issues during that last week of the year. They park TMs EVERYWHERE and run a lot of shuttle busses. So if they can get it up by December 20th they'll be happy with that.

I bet UO is wishing they didn't sell off the property that once was a HUUGGGE unused parking lot (North of Jaws/MIB/Fear Factor) ... which is now another forgettable Orlando apartment complex.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victoria
I bet UO is wishing they didn't sell off the property that once was a HUUGGGE unused parking lot (North of Jaws/MIB/Fear Factor) ... which is now another forgettable Orlando apartment complex.
If UOR wasting drowning at that point and trying to finish up WWoHP, that probably would've never happened. But the main problem with that apartment complex is how overpriced it is. They pitched it in the beginning as a place for TM's, but the discount is almost a slap in the face and the majority can't afford it, as convenient as it is. They're nice apartments, but ridiculously overpriced.

Just FYI multiple survey crews were at the TM lot today