New Parking Garage | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well this thread blew up :lol: Please don't confuse Omnimover with something using that actual system. Just more along the lines of a slow moving family dark ride.

I'm just cranky. After the bazillionth off-the-wall Avatar/DC/Marvel post, I cracked.

Cross off Marvel and Avatar completely folks. Please.

And you can probably forget DC if its an omnimover.

My avatar post was in reply to Disneyhead's avatar "hint". As a noob, its hard to tell who has inside information on here on who doesn't.

My avatar post was in reply to Disneyhead's avatar "hint". As a noob, its hard to tell who has inside information on here on who doesn't.

DH is very very knowledgable! His posts of inside info are never to be taken lightly.

- - - Updated - - -

Right. Still throws me for a loop, especially for back there

Well to be fair I never said there so to speak. It was more of a generic comment sorry about the confusion.

Well....my head hurts....Im going back to work now :smiley:

Im still sticking with Avatar simply because it annoys people and Ive had a bad two days and need to have some fun :lol:

Before you get more familiar with the other members, you can look right under the screen name on each post for "Insider" or "Staff" (I think there may be one more).

Before you get more familiar with the other members, you can look right under the screen name on each post for "Insider" or "Staff" (I think there may be one more).

Correspondent :thumbs:

Working on the other side of the site. :lol: Guys, back to the garage. All other talk should go to the Stash/MiB Plot threads.

Does anyone know the actual capacity of the employee parking and/or averages and peaks?

I have also been wondering about this for the visitor garages too.

Are you sure you're not getting this confused with the parking garage being built for Cabana Bay? There's nothing anywhere about a second parking garage being built on Universal property, but there's plenty of information out there about the Cabana Bay garage.

For example, it received FAA approval a few days ago:
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=189905587

And it has the same 6 month construction timeline you quoted. And it will also be 3 levels. (ground level plus 2 elevated levels.)

I'm not doubting your sources by any means, I just find it odd that for a project that's apparently so close to breaking ground there hasn't been an appearance of a permit, NoC or FAA approval. With the Cabana Bay garage just getting its approval on the 20th of June, work scheduled to begin very shortly, and those similarities, could it be possible that that's the garage and your source was mistaken?

Last edited:
^ I know, I know!!!

Where do I start. The guest garages are considered (as two) the largest parking garage in the world (arguably). The guest parking garages were designed to heft one additional level (if needed) to be built at a later date.

The new parking garage for employees, will cost, get this... $15,000 to $30,000 per space. These suckers cost bundles, and only pay off over grand amounts of time and maintenance, or in the case of Potter, last week and next week... :look:

So is this parking garage helping to free up space by MIB/Simpsons? Or are the employees parked somewhere else? Glad to see them continuing to work quick.

Are you sure you're not getting this confused with the parking garage being built for Cabana Bay? There's nothing anywhere about a second parking garage being built on Universal property, but there's plenty of information out there about the Cabana Bay garage.

For example, it received FAA approval a few days ago:
https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=189905587

And it has the same 6 month construction timeline you quoted. And it will also be 3 levels. (ground level plus 2 elevated levels.)

I'm not doubting your sources by any means, I just find it odd that for a project that's apparently so close to breaking ground there hasn't been an appearance of a permit, NoC or FAA approval. With the Cabana Bay garage just getting its approval on the 20th of June, work scheduled to begin very shortly, and those similarities, could it be possible that that's the garage and your source was mistaken?

Project 146's parking garage is totally separate from this. Yes two parking garages are going up. Employees from certain attractions have and are being notified they must begin parking out at the main garage.

Reactions: Jakemeister