New Parking Garage | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

New Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Could this have implications on the rumored 3rd gate .They would need to reclaim employee parking in the parking deck for guest parking or are they thinking they just need this for when WWoHP Diagon Alley opens ?Could the Hogwarts Express ride system be used to create a resort wide train/monorail once they get the bugs out of the ride.Spare parts and trained mechanics will be onsite for HE already.

Could this have implications on the rumored 3rd gate .They would need to reclaim employee parking in the parking deck for guest parking or are they thinking they just need this for when WWoHP Diagon Alley opens ?Could the Hogwarts Express ride system be used to create a resort wide train/monorail once they get the bugs out of the ride.Spare parts and trained mechanics will be onsite for HE already.

As I mentioned above they do not have enough parking for peak times now. So it's not even worrying about when new new area opens, they need it now.

^ Bingo this is strictly operational to increase capacity and ease employee stress.

So is this garage going in the northwestern most corner of current employee parking? I don't know the gate #s.
Many of the gates are back in that TM parking area. The main gate that TM's use to enter from the parking lot is Gate 2 and then there is one right next to 2, one over by Gringotts and one closer to IOA, which is where the Entertainment offices are.

Last edited:
This is a great idea. It's about time the Team Members had their own nice big parking structure to park in...much easier than having to go through the guests to get to work.

Geez. I disappear for a little bit and all sorts of things start popping up here! My goodness!!

This has been in the works for a long time, disappearing and reappearing over and over again. If anyone is wondering, the information was officially released and announced to UO Team Members today with a 2014 opening. Which should make things a logistical nightmare this Christmas/Holiday Season. I just hope this plan does not include the walkway to the Admin Building as it once previously did.

Let's see what else HTF has let out of the bag recently.

From Universal News....

iA56Jq34Wah8y.png

Last edited:
Would someone be so kind as to do a map of where this new garage will be and also highlight any areas it will free up?

Would be very much appreciated.

Would someone be so kind as to do a map of where this new garage will be and also highlight any areas it will free up?

Would be very much appreciated.

Go to google maps.

Look to the left of Diagon Alley where the giant parking lot is.

Tada. It won't free up any room, it will just take up the current parking lot and maybe allow a few more backstage buildings. This parking complex is for team member parking and backstage improvements, nothing more.

This is an exciting development for employees, but will have nothing to do with any type of guest experience now or in the future. Maybe, possibly, guests might park in that garage is things get too crazy and be shuttled over to the main entrance at the bus loop, but that's about it.

^ Mike I think Cabana Bays parking garage is going right where you labeled cabana bay on that map.