New Project for Dinoland? | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

New Project for Dinoland?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it kinda hidden in a forested part beside the main land? That could end up being a blessing or a curse. So far away that it doesn't get much foot traffic but also just far away enough that including it in the DinoRama retheme is a bit of a stretch.

Reactions: Darko and shiekra38
I don't get the reason to retheme Dinosaur, it's a staple of the park

Dinorama is the area that need love and Dinoland USA could still exist next to Moana

For me it would be the equivalent of retheming Everest or something

just don't. it's fine.
Like i've said, one of the very possible options with this project is that Zootopia just straight up doesn't happens based on what insiders have said and Dinosaur stays. It's all dependent on the budget approved for the project.

Reactions: Darko and shiekra38
Like i've said, one of the very possible options with this project is that Zootopia just straight up doesn't happens based on what insiders have said and Dinosaur stays. It's all dependent on the budget approved for the project.
This!
From what I heard, Moana is phase 1, and Zootopia would be phase 2 after Moana opens... and hopefully this phase 2 will go the way of almost all of Disney's "phase 2s" go...

Reactions: Darko
I think a big problem with Dinosaurs numbers is a surprising number of people who visit the park don't know it's there. Or, if they find it, think it's a "Museum of Natural History" thing. Not a ride.
Bingo. It's the most hidden E-Ticket at WDW (arguably in any Disney park). Repositioning its entrance and giving it a larger facade alone would increase ridership a good deal.

I think a big problem with Dinosaurs numbers is a surprising number of people who visit the park don't know it's there. Or, if they find it, think it's a "Museum of Natural History" thing. Not a ride.
Hmm, I wonder if they could fix this with some signage or something

It's also quite scary for little kids and has some AE energy to it...

"Scary Disney" is always welcome and has a special place in my heart

I would just hate to lose it

Maybe they should give it a less ambiguous name. “Dinosaur” tells us nothing. Maybe a rename that indicates the ride has some sort of race against the clock in a prehistoric setting. At least, then, the fact that it’s more of a thrill ride is front and center.

Maybe something like, “Extinction Countdown.” I dunno. Just spitballing.

Maybe they should give it a less ambiguous name. “Dinosaur” tells us nothing. Maybe a rename that indicates the ride has some sort of race against the clock in a prehistoric setting. At least, then, the fact that it’s more of a thrill ride is front and center.

Maybe something like, “Extinction Countdown.” I dunno. Just spitballing.

Too short,

Dinosaur: The Ride - Countdown to Extinction Adventure

Maybe they could put enough compelling attractions in the area people will naturally flock there? Ahhh its like I still believe they care

Last edited:

I agree about losing it, that would be terrible but I don't think you can blame low attendance on it being scary. Indiana Jones in DL, which obviously Dinosaur is cloned from, has been wildly popular for years. Is that just because people have heard of Indy?

I agree about losing it, that would be terrible but I don't think you can blame low attendance on it being scary. Indiana Jones in DL, which obviously Dinosaur is cloned from, has been wildly popular for years. Is that just because people have heard of Indy?

Its because Indy is located right off the main pathway. Dinosaur you have to know where to go.

Reactions: shiekra38
I know the Dinosaur land wont be missed....but sucks they have to replace something for this new land when the park needs more attractions not to replace some

I'm sure the new land will be great but would have been cool if they could have made the Dinosaur ride stay and added a new land

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Absolutely wild that Disney would cede "Dinosaurs are cool" completely over to Universal in favor of a half-baked allegory movie that is barely remembered stateside.
Wait....people don't like Zootopia.

I was pretty sure it was a film that Disney wanted a sequel to.

I would like both (because AK needs more attractions) but no reason to hate on Zootopia

Status
Not open for further replies.