Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Theater at Magic Kingdom

Not to sound elitist saying this but Malta and the Canary Islands are cheap and attract a rough crowd.

Ain't it the truth. I work for a car hire broker based in the states, and judging from the calls I used to get from the counters in the Canarias, it's not your best and brightest vacationing there.

Man of all parks this needs the big huge capacity-eater the most. But whatever, it's not like it's most popular and visited theme park on the planet or anything :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons this was canned had to do with that area needing to remain backstage. The amount of food service personnel moving carts back and forth back there would just be bad show if open to the public during the day. Garbage being taken out, boxes coming in. This is a Cast Member area we're talking about.

Still wish we'd get a theater somewhere. Even if they routed an entrance through the existing "Town Square" theater facade on the right of Tony's, the park needs a general purpose theater and Main Street would've been a great place for it.

Or put it in Fantasyland. Just, don't take away my Philharmagic. Love that show.

I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons this was canned had to do with that area needing to remain backstage. The amount of food service personnel moving carts back and forth back there would just be bad show if open to the public during the day. Garbage being taken out, boxes coming in. This is a Cast Member area we're talking about.

Still wish we'd get a theater somewhere. Even if they routed an entrance through the existing "Town Square" theater facade on the right of Tony's, the park needs a general purpose theater and Main Street would've been a great place for it.

Or put it in Fantasyland. Just, don't take away my Philharmagic. Love that show.
There would've been enough space back there to work around the theater without everyone seeing deliveries and whatnot. If you look at all the other Main Streets around the world, they all have far less space to work with behind. MK's is half bigwig parking, and nothing more.

Yeah, it really wasn't practical to put the theater there with how much Back of House stuff that goes on there. It works to have that walkway open for busy periods, but all the time and an operating show? I'm not sure how that would've worked. The area also holds one of the most frequented entrances to the Utilidors.

Main Street USA Theater Project Officially Removed From Permits - Blog Mickey

tenor.gif