New Theater at Magic Kingdom | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

New Theater at Magic Kingdom

Teebin

Legendary Member
Oct 12, 2009
North of the Wall
I am sometimes taken aback by how many Brits seem preoccupied with Walt Disney World. I would think they’d be more interested in Malta, the Canary Islands or French Riviera...

Reactions: Cheezbat

RevFreako

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Not to sound elitist saying this but Malta and the Canary Islands are cheap and attract a rough crowd.
Ain't it the truth. I work for a car hire broker based in the states, and judging from the calls I used to get from the counters in the Canarias, it's not your best and brightest vacationing there.

Ryan

Staff member
May 23, 2013
Man of all parks this needs the big huge capacity-eater the most. But whatever, it's not like it's most popular and visited theme park on the planet or anything :rolleyes:

Reactions: Cheezbat

Alicia

Premium Member
Jul 17, 2014
Orlando
I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons this was canned had to do with that area needing to remain backstage. The amount of food service personnel moving carts back and forth back there would just be bad show if open to the public during the day. Garbage being taken out, boxes coming in. This is a Cast Member area we're talking about.

Still wish we'd get a theater somewhere. Even if they routed an entrance through the existing "Town Square" theater facade on the right of Tony's, the park needs a general purpose theater and Main Street would've been a great place for it.

Or put it in Fantasyland. Just, don't take away my Philharmagic. Love that show.

Cheezbat

Veteran Member
Jan 18, 2013
Orlando Florida
I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons this was canned had to do with that area needing to remain backstage. The amount of food service personnel moving carts back and forth back there would just be bad show if open to the public during the day. Garbage being taken out, boxes coming in. This is a Cast Member area we're talking about.

Still wish we'd get a theater somewhere. Even if they routed an entrance through the existing "Town Square" theater facade on the right of Tony's, the park needs a general purpose theater and Main Street would've been a great place for it.

Or put it in Fantasyland. Just, don't take away my Philharmagic. Love that show.
There would've been enough space back there to work around the theater without everyone seeing deliveries and whatnot. If you look at all the other Main Streets around the world, they all have far less space to work with behind. MK's is half bigwig parking, and nothing more.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando

Yeah, it really wasn't practical to put the theater there with how much Back of House stuff that goes on there. It works to have that walkway open for busy periods, but all the time and an operating show? I'm not sure how that would've worked. The area also holds one of the most frequented entrances to the Utilidors.