New Transport Hub? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

New Transport Hub?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
also, highly unlikely this is the case but..

central hub at WnW property
  • I'm talking MASSIVE parking garages to account for all future expansions.
  • Monorail to North and South properties from central hub
  • An express monorail line that goes between the parks
  • old garages get demo'd for future on site hotels

map key:
  • RED = expanded city walk / mini transport hub
  • ORANGE = new onsite hotel 1
  • GREEN = new onsite hotel 2
  • BLUE = HUUUUUGE new central transport hub with massive parking garages (I'm talking 10 floors here)
  • RED LINES = monorail lines to/from all of the above
View attachment 3483
I like the idea, but building a monorail AND tearing down two of the largest parking garages in the country (world?) would cost an insane amount of money.

also, highly unlikely this is the case but..

central hub at WnW property
  • I'm talking MASSIVE parking garages to account for all future expansions.
  • Monorail to North and South properties from central hub
  • An express monorail line that goes between the parks
  • old garages get demo'd for future on site hotels

map key:
  • RED = expanded city walk / mini transport hub
  • ORANGE = new onsite hotel 1
  • GREEN = new onsite hotel 2
  • BLUE = HUUUUUGE new central transport hub with massive parking garages (I'm talking 10 floors here)
  • RED LINES = monorail lines to/from all of the above
View attachment 3483

I've had a similar idea but the main problem with moving the garages to WnW is that the transport links just aren't there as the only roads connecting are Universal Blvd and I Drive which are massively congested as it is.

Having a transport hub at WnW still makes a lot of sense though. If they could allow for people on I Drive to have easy access to the parks and CityWalk, the loss of parking might be recouped from increases in attendance and food and drink sales.

universal TRANSIT.jpg

What if the hub is broken out? Parking for cars is where it is now. Drop off/pick up, busses, taxis, and more are on WnW parking lot?

I think this makes more sense. The biggest change since the hub was built is the massive increase in security. Taking away buses could help ease the current hub and would allow for something more purposefully built that could help handle the crowds better at the new hub.

The Universal Hollywood parking garages are really nicely themed. I think we did valet in the Frankenstein garage and I loved having the images of all the classic Universal monsters everywhere.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
For the W&W location I hope they build one big hotel that goes over the street. In the middle the transportation hub for the line between the 2 resorts. One tower will have a revolving restaurant, the other one a revolving bar.
The line will go from the current parking garage to the parking lot of the Orlando convention Center. There is a big plot of land and if they could get a deal with the convention center they could build there a huge parking garage that crosses the street with a green bridge to their property. That will go into VillageWalk (new entertainment and dining are connected to the 2 theme parks).

Reactions: Joel and Scott W.
For the W&W location I hope they build one big hotel that goes over the street. In the middle the transportation hub for the line between the 2 resorts. One tower will have a revolving restaurant, the other one a revolving bar.
The line will go from the current parking garage to the parking lot of the Orlando convention Center. There is a big plot of land and if they could get a deal with the convention center they could build there a huge parking garage that crosses the street with a green bridge to their property. That will go into VillageWalk (new entertainment and dining are connected to the 2 theme parks).
The Swan & Dolphin is pretty much what you described.

They could have two sister hotels on each side of the road with a connecting walkway that would go around (over) unsightly traffic.

I really hope they take advantage of the lake and create a kind of boardwalk. Size wise it's comparable to the boardwalk at Disney but unfortantely, Universal can't control what's on the other side of the lake.

Maybe put a giant screen out on the lake and have a drive in restaurant on a man made beach with VW beach buggies.

boardwalk 2.JPG boardwalk 1.JPG

I really hope they take advantage of the lake and create a kind of boardwalk. Size wise it's comparable to the boardwalk at Disney but unfortantely, Universal can't control what's on the other side of the lake.

Maybe put a giant screen out on the lake and have a drive in restaurant on a man made beach with VW beach buggies.

View attachment 3486 View attachment 3487

This is my only problem with the Wet N Wild location, the lake is connected to other non-universal owned properties. I would like for Universal to purchase everything around the lake, but that wont happen.

View attachment 3486 View attachment 3487
Universal doesn't own all of that lake though. There was a lawsuit filed back in November where they claimed part of the lake as theirs. The lake is man-made and split ownership among many different developers.

Reactions: maxairmike

This is my only problem with the Wet N Wild location, the lake is connected to other non-universal owned properties. I would like for Universal to purchase everything around the lake, but that wont happen.

If we're really dreaming about land acquisition, I'd take the large parcel of land north of the WnW car park or even the one north of WnW as a smaller parcel.

land 3.JPG land 2.JPG land 1.JPG

Universal doesn't own all of that lake though. There was a lawsuit filed back in November where they claimed part of the lake as theirs. The lake is man-made and split ownership among many different developers.
Yes. WHich is why Wet N Wild attraction only went to a certain part of the lake. It's very stupid but it is the way it is.

@scott_walker , about year ago or so I did my own "In My Dreams" plans for that land and created a "Boardwalk Inn" sort of resort. I would love to see something similar with the sae entertainment come about.

Too bad you can't cross I-4 with a water canal. That'd be pretty epic

I am a bit of an ambitious thinker.

Reactions: Joel and Scott W.

I'd assume they own the part of the lake the knee board circuit was on? Which should be plenty for what they own around the lake.

Nobody is mentioning buses. Orlando/Orange county is in the middle of adding BRT lanes to Parts of International. The county has plans to expand BRT along Universal Blvd and I'm sure with some sort of agreement Universal can use the BRT lanes and have quick transit between resorts and properties should they decide to build on the new land near the convention center.
I'm not sure how well the bus loop near city walk does now as I either catch the Lynx Bus or drive myself to Universal , but it always looks "Crowded".

What if Wet N Wild land may be a mini transit and ticket center?

Whee buses from North Universal come and pick up guest from South Universal and vice versa?

Save some crowding potentially having a stand alone ticketing and package upgrading area ?

I just love how interesting all of this is.

Reactions: Scott W.
Yes. WHich is why Wet N Wild attraction only went to a certain part of the lake. It's very stupid but it is the way it is.

@scott_walker , about year ago or so I did my own "In My Dreams" plans for that land and created a "Boardwalk Inn" sort of resort. I would love to see something similar with the sae entertainment come about.

Too bad you can't cross I-4 with a water canal. That'd be pretty epic

I am a bit of an ambitious thinker.
I'd expect we'll see another garden bridge that will cross I-Drive to connect WnW and the WnW parking lot without having to cross dangerous traffic.

I'd expect we'll see another garden bridge that will cross I-Drive to connect WnW and the WnW parking lot without having to cross dangerous traffic.
If the city approves it.
There is supposedly a pedestrian bridge coming t two other places along I drive in the near future so I'm not sure they wouldn't approve anything to beautify the area and make it pedestrian friendlier.

Nobody is mentioning buses. Orlando/Orange county is in the middle of adding BRT lanes to Parts of International. The county has plans to expand BRT along Universal Blvd and I'm sure with some sort of agreement Universal can use the BRT lanes and have quick transit between resorts and properties should they decide to build on the new land near the convention center.
I'm not sure how well the bus loop near city walk does now as I either catch the Lynx Bus or drive myself to Universal , but it always looks "Crowded".

What if Wet N Wild land may be a mini transit and ticket center?

Whee buses from North Universal come and pick up guest from South Universal and vice versa?

Save some crowding potentially having a stand alone ticketing and package upgrading area ?

I just love how interesting all of this is.

I think this is probably the most interesting topic here about how the new park and the current resort will connect. There's so many dots to be connected with so many possibilities.

From what I can make out, VB will have it's own bus hub at the front door and this will accommodate staying in and out the resort, so that's pretty taken care of.

I think @testtrack321 idea to move the bus hub to the WnW plot is probably the most realistic but the guests need transported from there. A monorail seems like the most practical way but it's expensive and complex. A station would be needed on the current property but the current bus hub would be the perfect fit.

This whole topic feels like an always shifting target. One problem seems fixed with a solution but creates another and so on and so on.

What if the hub is broken out? Parking for cars is where it is now. Drop off/pick up, busses, taxis, and more are on WnW parking lot?
I think this is probably the most interesting topic here about how the new park and the current resort will connect. There's so many dots to be connected with so many possibilities.

From what I can make out, VB will have it's own bus hub at the front door and this will accommodate staying in and out the resort, so that's pretty taken care of.

I think @testtrack321 idea to move the bus hub to the WnW plot is probably the most realistic but the guests need transported from there. A monorail seems like the most practical way but it's expensive and complex. A station would be needed on the current property but the current bus hub would be the perfect fit.

This whole topic feels like an always shifting target. One problem seems fixed with a solution but creates another and so on and so on.
I didn't see TestTracks post.
But that's the general idea from everyone it seems.

Maybe we're trying to fix something that isn't broken?
Somehow Universal has managed to get 5 resorts all on property with no issues for busing and transit. (except parking to an extent)
Universal could potentially have 7 resorts on it's main land and would more than likely still do well with transit.

Wet N Wild plot may become an actual destination and include both themed entertainment and a multi-modal transit area. Definitely interesting times @scott_walker

I didn't see TestTracks post.
But that's the general idea from everyone it seems.

Maybe we're trying to fix something that isn't broken?
Somehow Universal has managed to get 5 resorts all on property with no issues for busing and transit. (except parking to an extent)
Universal could potentially have 7 resorts on it's main land and would more than likely still do well with transit.

Wet N Wild plot may become an actual destination and include both themed entertainment and a multi-modal transit area. Definitely interesting times @scott_walker

I think you hit the nail on the head.

In all probability, they're just going to use buses. It's cheap and it works. Staying at Hard Rock and want to visit the 3rd park? Go to reception and jump on a bus that will go directly there and will take you 15mins.

The only area that;s going to have to be improved is security in the hub but that will come with time.