New Transport Hub? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

New Transport Hub?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Comcast pushing for more from parks...

XRJzw.gif

Could this be indicate Universal's first venture into the boutique theme park business?

Personally, that tells me more that UC is going to make the third gate that much more immersive in a sense.

One of the core things that have made Potter a utter and corporate success is how it tries to seamlessly blend the Magical world in environments that are aimed to make the guest feel like they are there. Imagine what they can do if it's on the scale of Diagon (or potentially SNW) for the new park; with hyper-themed lands on various themes and/or IP's.

Something Universal can do to stand out against Disney is how you feel like you stepped into the world; almost like what they tried to do in the past, where you aren't "Riding the movies" in this case.

Imagine for example, if they do a straight foward IP based land; like for instance of Berk. It's intention is to make you feel like you just stepped into that village and are seeing things all around you that you don't typically find in any normal theme park. Little things and touches all around you, it could help off-set that you aren't in reality but more in a place of fantasy and wonder.

That, is what I imagine for the next park from Universal. something that doesn't rival WDW, but rivals Tokyo Disneysea which is one of the best theme parks in the world in my whole-hearted opinion.

Personally, that tells me more that UC is going to make the third gate that much more immersive in a sense.

One of the core things that have made Potter a utter and corporate success is how it tries to seamlessly blend the Magical world in environments that are aimed to make the guest feel like they are there. Imagine what they can do if it's on the scale of Diagon (or potentially SNW) for the new park; with hyper-themed lands on various themes and/or IP's.

Something Universal can do to stand out against Disney is how you feel like you stepped into the world; almost like what they tried to do in the past, where you aren't "Riding the movies" in this case.

Imagine for example, if they do a straight foward IP based land; like for instance of Berk. It's intention is to make you feel like you just stepped into that village and are seeing things all around you that you don't typically find in any normal theme park. Little things and touches all around you, it could help off-set that you aren't in reality but more in a place of fantasy and wonder.

That, is what I imagine for the next park from Universal. something that doesn't rival WDW, but rivals Tokyo Disneysea which is one of the best theme parks in the world in my whole-hearted opinion.

This is almost mind boggling about where do they even start?

Make no mistake about it but Potter changed the theme park game and everybody is going to have high hopes for that level of immersion throughout the whole park.

I think walking into MK has that feeling, once you pass under the train, you're instantly transported to another world but feeling of being transported between lands kind of stops there.

I think the budget for the new park will be eye watering.

Comcast will turn UOR into a cash cow by doing what Disney USED to do. It won't be upcharge dessert parties. It will be a compelling theme park experience. Disney sucks the money out of your wallet. Universal wants to make you willingly throw money at them.

So you mean the approach of adding new additions to the park that offers unique and special experiences for everyone and not just in one particular demographic?

Comcast will turn UOR into a cash cow by doing what Disney USED to do. It won't be upcharge dessert parties. It will be a compelling theme park experience. Disney sucks the money out of your wallet. Universal wants to make you willingly throw money at them.
Let's hope they don't turn into that...and Disney turns away from that...

Also, I hope we see the third park soon...I imagine they will demolish and build the new resort area where W&W is now before we are even hinted at a third gate...

Let's hope they don't turn into that...and Disney turns away from that...

Also, I hope we see the third park soon...I imagine they will demolish and build the new resort area where W&W is now before we are even hinted at a third gate...
Looks like they're in a hurry to get started. Not like over at DHS where the Backlot Tour and then SOA just lay silent & dormant after they closed those areas, and deconstruction was slow to start.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I think you're completely right on this. But, of Disney's upcharges really drive their profits up, I could see Universal adapting some of their practices.

I feel like i'm the only person who has seen the bottom floor of the garages in the past few years... They're umm.. uggo.

I cant imagine that is what they want to be the first impression of guests at their brand new park. And it's not just that it's a garage uggo, or even super gross like Stickey and Friends in California (DLR's garage) but rather than it's just overgrown with plants around the edges, the striping is pretty much gone, and there's tons of tire rubber and dust bunnies the size of medium size mammals.

I would think there would be a whole makeover to get it up to snuff.

Long story short, if they started pressure washing it and painting today I might believe it'd be what we'd come to expect as the entry point of a new theme park by the time it is scheduled to open.

As much as we say we can't judge before it opens - if i have to step over old parking space barriers or step around construction walls or there's A-frame temporary signage to direct guests (instead of, not in addition to real signage) on Day 1 I'm allowed to give UC serious side-eye, right?

Just imagine - you step out of your Benz in your best board shorts with your body oiled up for a day of fun at Volcano Bay.. amid the flickering fluorescent lights, the dripping ceiling fluid that could be rain - could be transmission fluid, lest we forget the caustic fumes from the gas powered tram... only to have a dust bunny the size of a tumbleweed saunter up and stick to your rippled sun ready physique.

It aint pretty, and it's not your sexy-self's fault.
You really are a glass half empty kind of person aren't you?

Reactions: Nico