New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could easily move some of those slides to the new waterpark. I think the WnW land will become either a hotel or a new citywalk.

I am expecting this thing to look a lot more like Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon than WnW or Adventure Island. Themed slides build from the ground up, no unthemed pieces fit into place. And CityWalk works as a hub for other attractions, a disconnected standalone has no draw. Usually the CW2.0 rumors come with another attraction, making it the hub for a satellite site.

They just bought the land under WnW, which was previously leased, and are continuing to make improvements. I believe that even with a high end waterpark on property there will still be enough demand for the low end waterpark. They could potentially do something different with the land, but there would need to be more to it to be inline with the main campus.

I'm really curious if they will do a Polynesian theme for the park. I'm either excited or scared if that's the case.

Polynesian art can go from tacky to gorgeous in a second. The tiki room does it almost too well but if you add tons or colors, hula dancers and garbage then it'll become cheap and lame. I have faith in universals taste but in some cases I don't

As far as I know, there aren't any water parks in the area that are open at night. This proposed theme could be great for a nighttime park.

Can you imagine a giant looming volcano at night with bright glowing lava streams running down the sides? Along with the back-lit beach sand patent and fiber-optic stuff, it could rival a certain alien moon down the street in terms of bioluminescent/phosphorescent goodness.

Last edited:
As far as I know, there aren't any water parks in the area that are open at night. This proposed theme could be great for a nighttime park.

Can you imagine a giant looming volcano at night with bright glowing lava streams running down the sides? Along with the back-lit beach sand patent and fiber-optic stuff, it could rival a certain alien moon down the street in terms of bioluminescent/phosphorescent goodness.

EDIT: And I might be going totally off the deep end here (no pun intended), but what if they could cultivate and maintain something like these bioluminescent dinoflagellates?!

[video=youtube;uqJbUKEPgXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqJbUKEPgXc[/video]

That would be amazing, however the pessimist in me would say that some people would think there were hardmful chemicals used to achive this, "Bio-lumo-what!?"

Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are open at night in the summer sometimes. At least the used to. I know they at least did Extra Magic Hours from time to time. Not sure if they still do as I don't frequent the water parks often.

Its a safety hazard to keep water parks open at night and would have to invest money in underwater lights to ensure lifeguards are able to see underwater, thats why most waterparks close before night. However, with the glowing sand etc, i think this park may be made for nightime usage which would make it the only after hours waterpark in that region and could be a new nighttime activity for families rather than going to citywalk.

Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are open at night in the summer sometimes. At least the used to. I know they at least did Extra Magic Hours from time to time. Not sure if they still do as I don't frequent the water parks often.

I remember they used to do this too. So water parks at night are definitely not unheard of.

TL can be opened at night, as can Aquatica (was open until 10 pm its first Summer, but since cut back due to lack of demand). I've heard BB can not, simply not set up for it.

They just had a late night speedo party Friday night at TL for gay days.

The entire park was open until 2AM and was lit up as bright as day. They have outfitted the park with these EXTREMELY bright LED light panels (they were permanent, not just for the special event). Seriously, so bright you couldn't even look directly at them. The lazy river and main pool were as bright as a summer day.

Point is: Water parks close at night because people tend to want to go home in the evening when the sun goes down, not because they aren't equipped to operate at night.

Perhaps if Uni added something specifically for night it would incline people to either stay later or leave and come back at night. Something like a water show in pool/beach area around the Volcano could be cool and would rival Disney's "Rivers of Light" show at Animal Kingdom.

Perhaps if Uni added something specifically for night it would incline people to either stay later or leave and come back at night. Something like a water show in pool/beach area around the Volcano could be cool and would rival Disney's "Rivers of Light" show at Animal Kingdom.

nightshow please? It could shoot off fireworks like the volcano at disney sea

nightshow please? It could shoot off fireworks like the volcano at disney sea

Unfortunately, anything noisy like fireworks won't cut it as this park is just across the street from a large gated residential community. A projections show on the Volcano might be an option, however I know of nothing planned. Do any of the waterparks stay open at night? I would think that would be a safety no-no.

Unfortunately, anything noisy like fireworks won't cut it as this park is just across the street from a large gated residential community. A projections show on the Volcano might be an option, however I know of nothing planned. Do any of the waterparks stay open at night? I would think that would be a safety no-no.
Ahh darn communities!!! I'm pretty sure they are open at night. Did island nights once at adventure island and it was pretty awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.