Next Attraction To Go? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess they could consume Fantastic Four Café(or w/e its called) and storm force, either way, there's a decent amount of space there.

It was going to get demo'd for Transformers...maybe those are the permits? I dont think they would file plans to upgrade it with the intentions of getting rid of it. And I completely agree, T2 is awesome!

Found it http://www.parkscope.net/2013/08/project-766-clarification-terminator-2.html

- - - Updated - - -

but I like Dr Doom :'(

I agree, me too! Most people going on it expect a droptower, but then you find out it is a spaceshot :) I love it!

Also, not sure why anyone would want to get rid of storm force, it is a cool little ride and most people can go on it. They should just enclose it so that it will be more intense with the lights and perhaps add some smoke :)

Reactions: natespf
I agree, me too! Most people going on it expect a droptower, but then you find out it is a spaceshot :) I love it!

Also, not sure why anyone would want to get rid of storm force, it is a cool little ride and most people can go on it. They should just enclose it so that it will be more intense with the lights and perhaps add some smoke :)

Have you ever been on storm force at night? The lighting is fantastic and I wish that's what it was like all day. If they enclosed it and added smoke to make it feel like a rave it would be heads and shoulders above mad tea party

Universal's contract with Marvel runs until 2018 and since Disney now owns Marvel, will Universal be allowed to renew the contract, just to be able to keep MSI there, or will the island have to be refurbished into something else? Any thoughts?

Universal's contract with Marvel runs until 2018 and since Disney now owns Marvel, will Universal be allowed to renew the contract, just to be able to keep MSI there, or will the island have to be refurbished into something else? Any thoughts?
That is incorrect info concerning the date of the Marvel contract. TPI has an article in their archives that spells out the entire contract. Bottom line, Universal has Marvel east of the Miss. for as long as they want.

That is incorrect info concerning the date of the Marvel contract. TPI has an article in their archives that spells out the entire contract. Bottom line, Universal has Marvel east of the Miss. for as long as they want.

Okay thanks. I wasn't entirely sure of what the contract consisted of. Glad to hear that though.

Prepare yourself, contract arguments are coming...

Based off of crowds this week, I would say T2 needs to be the next ride to go. Everything else was running with a line, while the three times we've done T2 this week the theater was barely over half full. All of the references in the pre-show video talking about what they will be able to do in the future are very dated, and better than half of them have already come true. 20 years ago, the "Murder She Wrote" joke was funny. Now nobody gets it. And the charm of Arnold and Edward Furlong interacting just isn't what it once was. I totally wasn't feeling this ride like I have in years past. It was ground breaking and entertaining. Now it's just taking up space.

Based off of crowds this week, I would say T2 needs to be the next ride to go. Everything else was running with a line, while the three times we've done T2 this week the theater was barely over half full. All of the references in the pre-show video talking about what they will be able to do in the future are very dated, and better than half of them have already come true. 20 years ago, the "Murder She Wrote" joke was funny. Now nobody gets it. And the charm of Arnold and Edward Furlong interacting just isn't what it once was. I totally wasn't feeling this ride like I have in years past. It was ground breaking and entertaining. Now it's just taking up space.

It would be difficult to do, but re-creating the pre-show in high-definition may be a key component to keep it up to date. Just splice in the John and Sarah footage in between. Now, it wouldn't bring in more people per se, but it would be amazing for someone who is an avid fan of the attraction. The show itself has hardly aged in my opinion. :peace:

The show itself is very good. But much fewer people are going to it now for some reason. If the attraction doesn't bring in people, it needs to go.

It would be difficult to do, but re-creating the pre-show in high-definition may be a key component to keep it up to date. Just splice in the John and Sarah footage in between. Now, it wouldn't bring in more people per se, but it would be amazing for someone who is an avid fan of the attraction. The show itself has hardly aged in my opinion. :peace:

I think people at their core, go to an amusement park or theme park for the same reason they were 50 years ago: The Rides. Sure T2 and Twister are neat to experience at least once on your visit, but after that it get's boring. Guests would rather ride Rip Ride Rockit or The Mummy because they crave thrilling excitement!

Rides are good and all but the underlining goal is to make money. It doesn't cost nearly as much money to make a show than it does a ride. The other half of the people (and they are out there) who don't get into thrills actually spend money in the shows' gift shops. Somehow I don't see an older person enjoying HRRR very much but they might like something that just moves a tiny bit like T2 and Twister. I feel both attractions are dated and need replacements but they need to either stay as shows or they need to stand at a no MHR attraction.

I'm honestly surprised Disney and Universal don't swap out their shows more often than they do. I know they're not quick fixes and they do cost money, but especially the 3D stuff. They pump out movies monthly but yet let 15-minute 3D movies sit in their parks for over 10-20 years.

Have you ever been on storm force at night? The lighting is fantastic and I wish that's what it was like all day. If they enclosed it and added smoke to make it feel like a rave it would be heads and shoulders above mad tea party

Yeah, I love it at night :)

I was actually commenting on T2 via Twitter probably like a week ago... With show venues on decline I think it will be best for USF to convert the T2 theatre to an all purpose theatre similar to The Pantages Theatre at USS(which is based on a real theatre in hollywood btw).

Last edited:
I was actually commenting on T2 via Twitter probably like a week ago... With show venues on decline I think it will be best for USF to convert the T2 theatre to an all purpose theatre similar to The Pantages Theatre, at USS(which is based on a real theatre in hollywood btw).

Now that I think about it, if they converted it to a theater similar to the one for Aladdin at DCA, they could do a Wicked show or something there! It would be a must-see show, which is something Universal definitely needs at this point.