Next Attraction To Go? | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Next Attraction To Go?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's because no one ever talks about them. Pirates went down for extended time a few times a week when I was working at MK, and now it goes down for stretches of time every day. SDMT, last time I heard, was having just as much, if not more, downtime as Gringotts. Not to mention Disney is just willing to run attractions with critical scenes inoperable these days.

I'm not disagreeing with any of that - I know Disney's just as bad if not considerably worse than day-to-day effects/show scene operation. I'm speaking to the specific phenomenon of building attractions and effects that run into major problems years after the fact due to special parts that can no longer be apparently procured or manufactured.

Isn't it refreshing that all of the Potter stuff cannot remain broken for an extended time per contracts with WB. There are exceptions to this I have found, such as the break steam coming out between the cars on HE being shut off "permanently". That was a critical oversight on the part of the manufacturer.

Isn't it refreshing that all of the Potter stuff cannot remain broken for an extended time per contracts with WB. There are exceptions to this I have found, such as the break steam coming out between the cars on HE being shut off "permanently". That was a critical oversight on the part of the manufacturer.
Have they seriously shut off the steam for good? I loved that effect and felt it really added to the authenticity.

^apparently it's not out for good. There is the possibility that this effect will come back. After all, I'm sure WB will push pretty hard as it brings so much to the experience

From @TouringPlans:

"Take this with a grain of salt, but a Twister TM just told me their contract was extended...by another 2 years? @UniversalORL ~@skubersky"

Sigh people need to stop asking random team members questions about things only creative knows. It's like asking the monkeys how long the next exhibit at the zoo will take to build

Sigh people need to stop asking random team members questions about things only creative knows. It's like asking the monkeys how long the next exhibit at the zoo will take to build

That's a bit harsh. :lol:

That's a bit harsh. :lol:

It is but c'mon now, if I were a TM I'd make the most ridiculous rumors up just to watch you all on this site speculate for no reason. For example...
"excuse me sir, but how long do you think it'll take to build this and what is it?"
"It's harry potter phase 3 and it'll be open in the summer"
Twitter goes nuts, cats and dogs living together MASS HYSTERIA!!! It's so simple a monkey at the zoo could pull it off

Not a fan-favorite around here, but in his farewell address to Board X, the Spirit alludes to Fallon/30 Rock overlay as a done deal. Also bitches about it being screen-based, natch.

Not a fan-favorite around here, but in his farewell address to Board X, the Spirit alludes to Fallon/30 Rock overlay as a done deal. Also bitches about it being screen-based, natch.

Spirit complaining!? No!

Anyway, I hope it is a done deal. It's something easy they can have up this year, which would potentially allow them to start work on Disaster later in the year.

Reactions: Mad Dog
That's great news but I really doubt it'll be out in time for this year. Like that's a pretty big thing to build in time for the big seasons like summer or winter. What I'm scared about though that a Fallon attraction would become the next FFL after a couple years but whatever, I'm just happy twister is being replaced

which would potentially allow them to start work on Disaster later in the year.

The disaster project, will that still be a complete overhaul that sees about the whole of SF demolished?
Also, does this mean that the Kidzone project is put on hold?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorin over New York..starring Jimmy Fallon??

I am a tad confused concerning this, will this be a ride or a show? How would a Jimmy Fallon ride work?

Spirit complaining!? No!

Anyway, I hope it is a done deal. It's something easy they can have up this year, which would potentially allow them to start work on Disaster later in the year.
Spirit's retraction of his Sept./Oct. Universal is slashing budgets & expansion comments sure makes you & Test Track look good. You two said it was B.S. from the start. A big thumbs up for the OU Insiders/Parkscope guys...Keep up the good work.

That's great news but I really doubt it'll be out in time for this year. Like that's a pretty big thing to build in time for the big seasons like summer or winter. What I'm scared about though that a Fallon attraction would become the next FFL after a couple years but whatever, I'm just happy twister is being replaced

I agree. He's kind of a fad. And not a great one either...I think he has the worst late night talk show out there now, besides maybe Seth Myers. But from what I have heard the attraction will still be kept fun and fresh even for non-fans. And given that it'll be a screen show, it can (in theory) be replaced and updated as needed pretty easily. So I'm optimistic even tho I wasn't too excited at first either.

The good thing about screen attractions are they're easily changed. I'm not a huge fan of the Fallon ride idea or concept overall, but it will certainly improve the building's usage.

The disaster project, will that still be a complete overhaul that sees about the whole of SF demolished?
Also, does this mean that the Kidzone project is put on hold?

All I've ever heard about the SF project is a complete demolition of the entire land and starting over from scratch, but others here know more about that project than I do.

As for KidZone, yes. As I said a few months ago, as far as I'm aware that's been pushed off for a while due to a failed contract negotiation