NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread | Inside Universal Forums

NFL Regular Season Discussion Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 7, 2018
Kinda surprised we don’t have one going so, here we are. Feel free to discuss your team, chat during Sunday redzone, share fantasy teams or tips, anything is up for grabs!

My team is the Patriots so… yikes.

My adopted team this year now is the Houston Texans. CJ Stroud looks very legit, they’re a team to not only watch this year are moving forward.

Looking forward to chatting football with you all!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Kinda surprised we don’t have one going so, here we are. Feel free to discuss your team, chat during Sunday redzone, share fantasy teams or tips, anything is up for grabs!

My team is the Patriots so… yikes.

My adopted team this year now is the Houston Texans. CJ Stroud looks very legit, they’re a team to not only watch this year are moving forward.

Looking forward to chatting football with you all!
This year you really needed an adopted team. Belichick, without a Brady, isn't very formidable. Back to like where he was when he coached the Cleveland Browns, way back when.

This year you really needed an adopted team. Belichick, without a Brady, isn't very formidable. Back to like where he was when he coached the Cleveland Browns, way back when.
Brady made Bill, 100%. It’s a joke what we’ve become. They’ve ruined Mac Jones, can’t draft, and don’t pay people. What a concept!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Brady made Bill, 100%. It’s a joke what we’ve become. They’ve ruined Mac Jones, can’t draft, and don’t pay people. What a concept!
and all of his asst. coaches, that are heralded and hired as NFL coaches, bite the dust in a year or two after getting hired as team head coaches. He's turned into a paper tiger.

and all of his asst. coaches, that are heralded and hired as NFL coaches, bite the dust in a year or two after getting hired as team head coaches. He's turned into a paper tiger.
Cause they all try to be Bill and ultimately you just need talent. Bill thinks his coaching is the best, and only way to coach. It sucks he’s so wrong lol. Patriots have a solid 3-4 years before they’re anywhere decent again. Roster is in shambles

Reactions: Mad Dog
Ehhhhh I dont know if I’d argue for or against Belichick either way but you can’t blame him for Mac Jones. He was way overrated as a prospect because he (just like the rest of that totally underwhelming QB class) got propped up by COVID ball and nonexistent defenses that couldn’t practice with full contact. Mac Jones is not a cool dude and has lost the locker room—that’s on him, not his coaches.

Reactions: Galactus
Yeah, clearly it's not working in New England right now but I just can't get on board with the idea that the dude nominally in charge of a team that won six Super Bowls had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: alomar
Ehhhhh I dont know if I’d argue for or against Belichick either way but you can’t blame him for Mac Jones. He was way overrated as a prospect because he (just like the rest of that totally underwhelming QB class) got propped up by COVID ball and nonexistent defenses that couldn’t practice with full contact. Mac Jones is not a cool dude and has lost the locker room—that’s on him, not his coaches.
Nah, Bill has GM responsibilities and he’s drafted poorly and mishandled free agency. He let Jacobi Meyers go, Mac’s #1 target. Signs Juju Smith Schuester who stinks. We sign Devante Parker, but wouldn’t pay Deandre Hopkins. He has not helped our O line in free agency and drafted poorly at the position.

It’s like they did what they could to ruin Mac. I’m not even a Mac supporter but no one would succeed here.

Yeah, clearly it's not working in New England right now but I just can't get on board with the idea that the dude nominally in charge of a team that won six Super Bowls had nothing to do with it.
It’s not that he had nothing to do with it, but his decision making post Brady has been consistent with what he did with Brady. So, with the sample size you see if Bill lacks talent at QB then he doesn’t have much to work with. Bill isn’t garbage, if anything he used to be great, but Brady I think is what ultimately made the Patriots. The game has passed Bill by a little.

Nah, Bill has GM responsibilities and he’s drafted poorly and mishandled free agency. He let Jacobi Meyers go, Mac’s #1 target. Signs Juju Smith Schuester who stinks. We sign Devante Parker, but wouldn’t pay Deandre Hopkins. He has not helped our O line in free agency and drafted poorly at the position.

It’s like they did what they could to ruin Mac. I’m not even a Mac supporter but no one would succeed here.
Wait, are you saying Belichick can’t scout or identify talent? He’s hit on more underrated guys than anyone else in the league :lmao:

Just because he’s been missing lately doesn’t really mean “Tom made Bill.” The game does evolve over time, Vince Lombardi wouldn’t win a Super Bowl in 2023. I think you’re being kinda hard on the guy who got you six Super Bowls lol.

Reactions: Galactus and Jake S
Wait, are you saying Belichick can’t scout or identify talent? He’s hit on more underrated guys than anyone else in the league :lmao:

Just because he’s been missing lately doesn’t really mean “Tom made Bill.” The game does evolve over time, Vince Lombardi wouldn’t win a Super Bowl in 2023. I think you’re being kinda hard on the guy who got you six Super Bowls lol.
I hear you but I’m not, this team refused to pay Brady and chose Bill instead. Now, here we are. It’s clear a mistake was made.

I hear you but I’m not, this team refused to pay Brady and chose Bill instead. Now, here we are. It’s clear a mistake was made.
But…Tom Brady is retired…?

A coach will always have more longevity than a player. That wasn’t the mistake at all. There have been mistakes with how things have been run since that decision was made and, yeah, it’s very possible the game has passed up Belichick, but retroactively taking away all the credit for the Pats’ success up to 2020 is an insane take.

Reactions: Jake S
But…Tom Brady is retired…?

A coach will always have more longevity than a player. That wasn’t the mistake at all. There have been mistakes with how things have been run since that decision was made and, yeah, it’s very possible the game has passed up Belichick, but retroactively taking away all the credit for the Pats’ success up to 2020 is an insane take.
No discrediting the success, but it’s notable since Brady they’ve been an utter disaster.

Well my Cardinals are doing.......as expected? Dobbs was not an issue, the rest of the team is as evidenced by him in MN. I liked his abilities and his arm a lot. We just don't have many guys stepping up to make plays, or simply making dumb mistakes. He had his but be literally had no help from anyone. With Kyler back we are seeing the same issues, people down field and our O-line are just collapasing at pivotal moments. Which realistically is us every year.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Well my Cardinals are doing.......as expected? Dobbs was not an issue, the rest of the team is as evidenced by him in MN. I liked his abilities and his arm a lot. We just don't have many guys stepping up to make plays, or simply making dumb mistakes. He had his but be literally had no help from anyone. With Kyler back we are seeing the same issues, people down field and our O-line are just collapasing at pivotal moments. Which realistically is us every year.
How do Cardinals fans feel about Kyler? You’re in a unique draft spot where you could get a QB or Marvin Harrison Jr who looks like generational talent at WR.

How do Cardinals fans feel about Kyler? You’re in a unique draft spot where you could get a QB or Marvin Harrison Jr who looks like generational talent at WR.
That in itself is a mixed bag LOL. Personally I like him, I think our mistake was having him start with Kingsbury. Kyler has A LOT of potential, and Kingsbury never took advantage of it and never was fully on board with him. That is also a problem now, as he is at a point in his career where he should be self sufficient, but he appears to me to be still be partially in rookie mode making very simple and basic mistakes. His height certainly doesn't help either when our O line cant protect him. Weather Gannon can get him turned around is to be seen, it's only his second game back. I want to give him at least a full season under Gannon and see what they can do.

Also our other problem is our front office, the same guys who not long ago though bringing in Sam Bradford was going to fix everything. So yeah, we are in a currently in a draft position that can be advantageous, but we don't always do smart things in the draft.

EDIT: To add to that, I don't think overall anyone is done with Kyler, there are his haters around. But here for the most part the majority are glad he is back, and want to see him succeed.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I think you have to ask yourself if the "upgrade" to Drake Maye or Caleb Williams on a rookie deal is worth the opportunity cost of not getting MHJ or an OT. Or even to say "we're not one piece away" and take a page from the Pats book and trade down to get more draft capital to surround Kyler with. Not a Cards fan but that's what I'd do I think

Reactions: alomar