Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 271 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are we sure that they'll be a Nintendo announcement soon? I've had this strange idea that Universal was waiting until more news on the LA Olympics and then make a dual-coast announcement

Are we sure that they'll be a Nintendo announcement soon? I've had this strange idea that Universal was waiting until more news on the LA Olympics and then make a dual-coast announcement

The LA Olympics won't be until like 2024 at the earliest. Nintendo will be open waaaaaaay before that.

I wouldn't say we should be expecting an Orlando announcement "soon"

I don't know why I was thinking that Universal would want to jump on the hype bandwagon for the Olympics. Maybe that's all 2nd gate for USH? Maybe I'm just tired and haven't had my tea today?

What are the chances of the groundbreaking ceremony being shown during Nintendo's E3 Treehouse next week? It definitely won't be part of the Spotlight, but I could see them doing a 5-10 minute diversion showing some info on SNW in Osaka in between game demos.

Reactions: Mike S
What are the chances of the groundbreaking ceremony being shown during Nintendo's E3 Treehouse next week? It definitely won't be part of the Spotlight, but I could see them doing a 5-10 minute diversion showing some info on SNW in Osaka in between game demos.

I could maybe see that. I think it's more likely they blast the ceremony out as a YouTube video to the big gaming sites tomorrow

giphy.gif

I don't know why I was thinking that Universal would want to jump on the hype bandwagon for the Olympics. Maybe that's all 2nd gate for USH? Maybe I'm just tired and haven't had my tea today?

Well that would make sense. They could open before Olympics in Japan, film commercials, then air it during the Olympics (since they'll be on NBC) for 2 weeks and basically say "look at this! Come see it at UOR/USH later this year!"

But that's just wishful thinking on my part.