Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 272 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is going to be so awesome. The lines for Mario Kart will be out the damn door for eternity.

HYPE

(...for a good three to four years)
Nintendo will be damn big, no doubt. And merch sales have the potential to be huge, not as big as Potter, but significantly high levels nonetheless.

In theory I think it could go toe to toe with Potter (who'd have thunk we'd all want banshees on our shoulders?) except for maybe in the high end categories. Potter's style lends itself to ornate and intricate and expensive clothing items. Jewelry, hats, knit sweaters, etc...

I don't see that in Nintendo's portfolio. It would feel off brand. Like McD's doesn't offer real steak or sushi.

Nintendo has been around a lot longer than Potter. Personally I think the exclusive merch will sell really well and to all ages. Personally I'd never buy a Potter tshirt, but I'd definitely consider a Nintendo one.

Nintendo has been around a lot longer than Potter. Personally I think the exclusive merch will sell really well and to all ages. Personally I'd never buy a Potter tshirt, but I'd definitely consider a Nintendo one.

But Potter makes the big money in the expensive items. Whole recreation dresses and robes and such. Those aren't just nice displays - people buy them.

Aside from their actual systems, Nintendo merch doesn't have many items in that price point aside from the odd piece of jewelry.

I think we could see an opportunity for high brow merch with future properties from Nintendo...
*cough* ZELDA *cough*
Oh, and Pokemon would see exclusive or interactive merch fly off the shelves as well.

Reactions: Mike S
Hmm.. I wonder what the other reason they might have to push this to 2021 in FL. It wouldn't be to coincide with WDW's 50th, would it?

I just hope they don't do the Virtual Queue for this. Or if they do at least offer the Express Pass as well, though the fact that this could be as big as Potter and they don't have Express Passes yet is a bit concerning.

I was greatly annoyed by how he didn't squish the goombas.

However the confetti made of gold coins and stars was a nice touch.

That'd be nice but I wouldn't want to wait another year for it lol.

WDW 50th is going to beat them out no matter what, just get Nintendo up and running and all the kinks worked out so that when more people than normal do descend upon Orlando for WDW 50th, if they go to Universal too then they'll get a positive impression from it.

I just hope they don't do the Virtual Queue for this. Or if they do at least offer the Express Pass as well, though the fact that this could be as big as Potter and they don't have Express Passes yet is a bit concerning.
Universal will probably have Virtual Queue but by the time the ride opens it should be more developed and better then how the system is working now.

Universal will probably have Virtual Queue but by the time the ride opens it should be more developed and better then how the system is working now.

Because they're really known for working out the kinks before they open things to the public...?

My theory is that Japan will not let most of the recent issues happen as a matter of cultural pride and then the operation will be carbon copied with a few cut corners here in the states.