Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Animal Crossing is another brand of theirs that's popular everywhere(probably more popular than Kirby and Metroid combined), but of course not in the same league as Mario and Pokemon.

I love that Tom Nook has been in the "museum" at the Japan Pavilion in Epcot for years. Even before it was only a pop culture museum.

Not sure where you got that, but Zelda's popularity is pretty even in all its markets

Yea not true. They have no idea who Zelda is in Korea, Thailand, etc. Popularity of Nintendo characters are dependent on those countries where the main games are console. China, Korea, Thailand, etc are computer based and portable based instead of console so they mainly just know Mario and Pokémon. Japan and US is Zelda's strongest, Europe is middle, but Asia pacific its rather weak.

I'm more so talking about those who outgrew the cuteness of those games and now think they're lame while they exclusively play 1PS and MMORPGs

That sounds terrible. :p

Though to be serious, I'll never expect anything parks related for Animal Crossing or Kirby outside of maybe some cute shops/cafes.

And I don't expect anything outside the Super Mario universe to appear in the current SNWs unless it's for some special event/promotion.

Yea not true. They have no idea who Zelda is in Korea, Thailand, etc. Popularity of Nintendo characters are dependent on those countries where the main games are console. China, Korea, Thailand, etc are computer based and portable based instead of console so they mainly just know Mario and Pokémon. Japan and US is Zelda's strongest, Europe is middle, but Asia pacific its rather weak.

BotW just broke records in Europe, but sure, it's not very populate there.

Let's not get petty here. Thank you.

I think the pettiness started in the first quote.

No pettiness on my end, we're simply trying to avoid confusion. No more, no less.

The second I read your post @Nick C. i thought- "why would he not just send him a PM with that info?"
I mean- he's basically the only one who welcomes people. He's certainly the only one who mentions UO- so why make some public post getting him in trouble? A PM would have made a better statement. Actually, I was going to send you a PM saying as much prior to it escalating here publicly.

I appreciate the mods- but have to agree with @UK-Trigg here.

That all said- point made- and I agree- it's IU now, like it or not (personally, I like it- much prettier)

The second I read your post @Nick C. i thought- "why would he not just send him a PM with that info?"
I mean- he's basically the only one who welcomes people. He's certainly the only one who mentions UO- so why make some public post getting him in trouble? A PM would have made a better statement. Actually, I was going to send you a PM saying as much prior to it escalating here publicly.

I appreciate the mods- but have to agree with @UK-Trigg here.

That all said- point made- and I agree- it's IU now, like it or not (personally, I like it- much prettier)
Thanks for the kind words. Actually, all is well now. We've worked out the issues behind the scenes and returned to the genteel civility of the Forums. :thumbsup:...For the record, I like the combination of the two theme park sites. More people posting & more interesting info. And yes, the site is prettier. :) Hopefully the growing pains will work themselves out and the reputation of this site, namely civil, friendly & good inside information, will continue....Special thanks to my good friend Mark (UK Trigg) for his insights....And, I realize it's a tough job being a moderator. I was a soccer (football) official for many years, so I know how uncomfortable that role can be. No hard feelings on my part....Back to topic :)....I'm not a gamer, BUT, I think Nintendo is going to be fabulous, and I can't wait for 2020 or 2021.