Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 307 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think Zelda should be in the first phase of SNW anyway. IMO, it's literally perfect for a LC replacement, for a few reasons:

- Lost Continent sticks out like a sore thumb in IOA; it's not based off an IP, it doesn't have any rides anymore, and the attractions it does have are a major mixed bag. It generally lacks any draw whatsoever and is really overdue for a replacement. A recognizable IP with at least one actual ride for an attraction could really do wonders to that corner of IOA.

- IOA could really need a new land. Not counting Skull Island (which honestly isn't really a full "island," just a single attraction), IOA hasn't gotten a full new area since Hogsmeade in 2010. Since then, Studios has gotten Diagon Alley AND will be getting SNW. A fresh new area in IOA is already long overdue, so if we can at least get Hyrule a few years after the Mushroom Kingdom it'd be really nice.

- Zelda is definitely an extremely popular series among video game fans, but to the general public it's not very well known, at least not to the levels of Mario or Pokemon. It's definitely recognizable, but most people just remember the boy in the green tunic and the Triforce. While I do think it has a place in the parks, I don't think it should (or will) be anything TOO big; which is why the LC plot would be a great spot for it. It's bigger than a tiny corner of the Studios SNW plot, but nothing too huge as to alienate non-fans.

Anybody see the disney and more article with concept art for SNW?

': First Concept-Arts for Universal Studios Japan Super Nintendo World Attractions !
My thoughts on this:

-Mario Kart looks SICK.

-A little disappointed in the DK coaster. I was hoping for a highly themed indoor coaster. Not ecstatic that it looks like a family coaster. Since USH is getting this, that park doesn't need a family coaster.

-The Legend of Zelda attraction looks interesting. Remember the patent that showed the theater seats moving up and around? That could be for Zelda.

Also, what's up with the boat ride? I'm not seeing anything there regarding that.

The coaster is going to be exactly like the mine cart levels in the games, I don't know what anyone could reasonably want more than that. :shrug:
I was never expecting super thrilling, I just think the concept art makes it look pretty tame. Disney does a good job of striking semi-thrilling and family friendly, this looks "eh". We don't ever know how it's officially going to look yet so maybe it will be better when I actually ride it.

I was never expecting super thrilling, I just think the concept art makes it look pretty tame. Disney does a good job of striking semi-thrilling and family friendly, this looks "eh". We don't ever know how it's officially going to look yet so maybe it will be better when I actually ride it.
I don't know, feeling like you're flying through the air jumping from track to track sounds pretty thrilling to me. And if that old site plan is any indication, it looks like they have a show building section in mind, so who knows what they might have up their sleeve in there.

Reactions: KevyB
To sum things up very easily...

- That video is for Osaka, and of the 3 main rides that are being dicussed, Osaka is only getting the Mario Kart ride, and the Yoshi ride. That's why you don't see the DK coaster in the Osaka video.

Yes, I was attempting to clear that up because there are many people on here who are still claiming that USJ is getting 3 rides and that DK will be one of them.

- With Orlando, the only thing that's unknown about KidZone is whether E.T. will remain open, or close and be incorperated into the land. What we do know is everything else in KidZone (Animal Actors, Barney, Fivel, Curious George and Woody Woodpecker) WILL be removed for SNW.

There are actually LOTS of unknowns. NOTHING is written in stone until they start building. That stuff is all RUMORED, but like ET's future there have also been rumors of Animal Actors remaining, and of Fievel's Playland and the coaster remaining. In fact, ET remaining in the park is far more likely than those things going away. Not that they won't, but NONE of this is fact right now.

- Also, a very important note about concept art. Concept art does not equal final product, often times it's just proof of concept/something to show people/investors the general idea of what it may look like. Also as it's been mentioned multiple times, that concept art is old/outdated. So it wouldn't be the best idea trying to connect it with a current video which is just showing a general idea of things, since it's certainly not going to match up.

There's "concept art" and then there's "concept art". That video smacks of being the second variety, the kind that is used for commercial purposes, like the later Volcano Bay video. Why? because some of the things in the original concept art have been cleaned up, the layout matches the area it's going into perfectly, and, most important, Universal is far more trustworthy in its concept art than Disney is. Try to find some Comcast/Universal concept art that isn't pretty friggin' close to what was eventually built. Both Springfields, Diagon Alley, Kong, Hogsmeade, the hotels... there's very little difference between the concept art for those projects that came out right before construction and what was actually constructed.

Last edited:

I find this funny because I've had to defend the Slinky Dog coaster being fun and interesting from those thinking it'll turn out like SDMT.

Donkey Kong coaster looks to have fake jumps, a launch section, and fun elements.

Remember that the reason they could fit so much into so little was because it was vertical construction.

Let's not get caught up in "vertical construction". The ride buildings aren't going to be any taller than any other ride buildings. The only thing that will change is there will be paths on top of them, and those paths are mostly just going to be paths. They aren't going to be building shops or restaurants on top of the ride buildings. Yes, vertical construction will make room for more restaurants and shops in the non-ride buildings, but it's not like you can shove 40 extra rides in here because of that. They can't even make three rides fit as is (at least in Japan).

A little disappointed in the DK coaster. I was hoping for a highly themed indoor coaster. Not ecstatic that it looks like a family coaster. Since USH is getting this, that park doesn't need a family coaster.

This is NINTENDO, so every attraction needs to be a FAMILY attraction. This is going to be Universal's Fantasyland, they can't be building The Hulk.

Snyder is speaking once again, showing a new piece of old Mario Kart concept art..and he's saying that Zelda is still apart of the plan, and that Yoshi is mainly an addition to it (which would beg the question of ET).

I don't buy that.

Snyder is speaking once again, showing a new piece of old Mario Kart concept art..and he's saying that Zelda is still apart of the plan, and that Yoshi is mainly an addition to it (which would beg the question of ET).

I don't buy that.
Dos he post here with the Toy Story Mania comment?

As far as I've seen, he's not on the forums.

He's probably read some of the comments here even if he doesn't post.

Maybe Yoshi is coming in addition to the old plans he posted. The only thing I know for a fact is his leaks are older, probably around 2015. They can be accurate of what Orlando is getting but my bet is the project has been revised.

Maybe Yoshi is coming in addition to the old plans he posted. The only thing I know for a fact is his leaks are older, probably around 2015. They can be accurate of what Orlando is getting but my bet is the project has been revised.

Well then, that'd put ET more on risk than it ever has been, if Zelda and Yoshi can co-exist potentially.

Reactions: E.Gadd

He seems pretty certain Zelda will still be included in phase one. As does a lot of media outlets right now.

Setting a lot of fans up for disappointment on that front if it's not going to be included in first wave.

Personally I still think that it's a perfect candidate for its own land and a larger attraction down the road than what's in that old proposal.