Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 321 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A few questions just for the sake of discussion...

1. Does Mushroom Kingdom going into "ride the movies/TV shows" USF bother anyone?

2. If you knew that the 4th park was opening in 2021, would you prefer it there?

1. Does Mushroom Kingdom going into "ride the movies/TV shows" USF bother anyone?

2. If you knew that the 4th park was opening in 2021, would you prefer it there?

1.) I don't call it Ride the Movies anymore.

2.) The more Nintendo, the better. Just because it's at one park, it doesn't mean it can't be at another.

Last edited:

1. I think we're in more of a ride the entertainment industry at this point. Rockit is music after all. So movies, TV, and music. Why not throw video games in there as well? Whatever gets me Nintendo rides faster. Plus, Hello Kitty isn't really movies or TV. More like an icon.

2. Cannot wait that long. Literally cannot. Plus, that'll be great for all new lands inspired by Nintendo. Mario Kart will be old news in Japan by then. Gotta jump on this while it's hot. Plus, it's time for Fievel to go away. It was outdated twenty years ago.

1) A bit, yes. A theme parks structure is only as strong as they hold up the theme. I can't wax poetic about EPCOT Center yet pardon anything and everything at USF. "Ride the movies" could be expanded to mean "live the media". I have a bigger issue with HRRR in the park than Nintendo.

2) No, KidZone is horribly out of date and out of touch. It's one of the last large areas in the parks prime for development. Plus USF needs something for when the fourth park opens.

If it helps people sleep better at night about Super Mario "fitting" Universal Studios, there have in fact been two theatrically released Super Mario movies.

One well-received animated film in Japan during the 80s and the laughably terrible live action one from the 90s.

If it helps people sleep better at night about Super Mario "fitting" Universal Studios, there have in fact been two theatrically released Super Mario movies.

One well-received animated film in Japan during the 80s and the laughably terrible live action one from the 90s.
I like that. Good point. I'm gonna use that argument in the future.

RIP Bob Hoskins.

1. That concept is long gone and dead..Any popular IP will be shoved into any park as long as it is profitable, forget theming and park identity...This applies to all of Orlando

2. I expect some of it there

1.) I don't call it Ride the Movies anymore.

2.) The more Nintendo, the better. Just because it's at one park, it doesn't mean it can't be at another.

Oh, I'm all for them putting Nintendo in every park. They have too many IPs not to. I just feel other Nintendo IPs would work better in USF.

1. I think we're in more of a ride the entertainment industry at this point. Rockit is music after all. So movies, TV, and music. Why not throw video games in there as well? Whatever gets me Nintendo rides faster. Plus, Hello Kitty isn't really movies or TV. More like an icon.

2. Cannot wait that long. Literally cannot. Plus, that'll be great for all new lands inspired by Nintendo. Mario Kart will be old news in Japan by then. Gotta jump on this while it's hot. Plus, it's time for Fievel to go away. It was outdated twenty years ago.

That's actually a really good point. Never thought about it like that.

1. Slightly. I always liked the way that USF and IOA were distinctly separated, theme-wise: all the lands in IOA are completely fantastical and/or stylized, meanwhile the lands in USF are generally more realistic and urban. Diagon Alley even fit in this structure, since Diagon was connected to the real city of London. Super Nintendo World craps on this a bit and gives the two parks less individuality, IMO. While I have no doubt that SNW will be great, it is a shame to see this lost.

2. Yes, actually. Here's my proposal: KidZone is still replaced, but this time replaced by Pokemon. It's a large land with a dark ride, multiple flat rides, etc, and it's themed to a Kantoan city, letting it fit into USF better. Then when gate 4 opens, it can have Mario which would help Park 4 a lot, IMO.

Reactions: Andysol

1. It would have bothered me 15 years ago, maybe, but with virtually everything else from the original "Ride the Movies" era gone at this point, it's hard to get worked up about a tagline no longer perfectly fitting the park. What a great tagline it was, though.

2. No. USF not only needs family-friendly attractions (but not the super-young-skewing attractions like are currently in KidZone), it also needs new rides that get away from the recent focus on screens and/or 3D. Nintendo will give the park a better balance of experiences on the menu. And I still think there's going to be Nintendo stuff in the eventual next theme park, anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
I think I'm more excited for it now over the other big ride because you won't need glasses to ride it.

DK is gonna be great...but MK is gonna be effing mindblowing. Literally a combination of technologies we've been waiting for. Mixes everything we love about Uni with stuff we've been clamoring for for years.

I'll take some AR glasses for that.

Reactions: Jones14 and Mike S
What if the "plot" for SNW is Mario and Co. are working on a major motion picture and need our help?

I mean I'm kidding and it's cheesy but it's no cheesier than the plot to Doomfall

:bolt: