Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 335 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You don't see Marvel Comics or DC Comics putting out their own theme parks despite their popular characters and making tons of money off movies nowadays. They need to have Disney and Universal (for Marvel) and Six Flags (for DC comics) to hold their hands.

Nintendo wouldn't succeed on its own because they aren't in the theme park business and don't understand the unbelievable amount of metrics involved- not because of the IP. If Disney or Universal designed an exclusive Nintendo park in Japan, with the scale and budget of either USJ or TDL, it would be gangbusters. End of conversation.

Nintendo wouldn't succeed on its own because they aren't in the theme park business and don't understand the unbelievable amount of metrics involved - not because of the IP. If Disney or Universal designed an exclusive Nintendo park in Japan- it would go gangbusters. End of conversation.

Uhh, that's exactly my point earlier. A company with the best theme park experience is suitable for a successful company with no amusement park experience to bring their IPs to life. However, for a full Nintendo theme park, the thing is that Disney and Universal also have plenty of their own and 3rd party IPs to show off from to cater people to so an area catered to the popular IP would be the more suitable from the business perspective.

Reactions: fryoj
Building your own theme parks doesn't make sense given how concentrated the industry is. Disney/Universal basically have a near monopoly on the mega-resort format in the US/Japan. Outside of regional parks, there isn't really space for much else.

There's a reason Fox gave Pandora to Disney and Warner/Nintendo gave Harry Potter and Nintendo's IPs to Universal in the US.

Maybe for HHN, Universal should bring out the eating Piano from 64 at the SNW area just to scare the audience :rolleyes:

I hated that damn piano...

And for those doubting the strength of Zelda for a miniland, I bought a switch just for Breath of the Wild. A couple of my friends did the same. And on the same hand I would go to SNW just to experience a Zelda attraction. I know thats just me but I look at it like this, if you grew up on Zelda you probably grew up on and are a fan of Mario and company as well. Don't leave the fanboys hanging Uni...

Reactions: E.Gadd and Mike S
And for those doubting the strength of Zelda for a miniland, I bought a switch just for Breath of the Wild. A couple of my friends did the same. And on the same hand I would go to SNW just to experience a Zelda attraction. I know thats just me but I look at it like this, if you grew up on Zelda you probably grew up on and are a fan of Mario and company as well. Don't leave the fanboys hanging Uni...

Pretty sure it would be similiar to Marvel Super Hero Island at Islands of Adventure where they have attractions based on specific characters with their own universes like Spider-Man, Storm, Hulk, and Dr. Doom. Trust me, it's called Super Nintendo World, not Super Mario World. They would not live out other Nintendo fans who are not big on Mario and his pals. The Zelda phase would have likely to come sooner or later, possibly as a replacement for the staggering and outdated Lost Continent.

No, I'm using it as an example because a Nintendo theme park on its own isn't likely to be possible. If a Pokeball park only survived for a year, it sure wouldn't be for an all-out Nintendo theme park. Even in Japan, they only have a few anime attractions as opposed to the many of non-Japanese IPs at Tokyo Disney and USJ. It all comes down to popular appeal and cost. Nintendo just don't have the resources to do it despite many popular IPs. You don't see Marvel Comics or DC Comics putting out their own theme parks despite their popular characters and making tons of money off movies nowadays. They need to have Disney and Universal (for Marvel) and Six Flags (for DC comics) to hold their hands.
It only survived a year because it was temporary for the 10th anniversary of Pokémon.
Pretty sure it would be similiar to Marvel Super Hero Island at Islands of Adventure where they have attractions based on specific characters with their own universes like Spider-Man, Storm, Hulk, and Dr. Doom. Trust me, it's called Super Nintendo World, not Super Mario World. They would not live out other Nintendo fans who are not big on Mario and his pals. The Zelda phase would have likely to come sooner or later, possibly as a replacement for the staggering and outdated Lost Continent.
I've always had the feeling that the name "Super Nintendo World" was designed to be similar to "Wizarding World of Harry Potter." It's designed as a prefix for any further expansion. Soon we'll have "SNW: The Legend of Zelda" and "SNW: Pokémon."

Just watch.

I've always had the feeling that the name "Super Nintendo World" was designed to be similar to "Wizarding World of Harry Potter." It's designed as a prefix for any further expansion. Soon we'll have "SNW: The Legend of Zelda" and "SNW: Pokémon."

Just watch.
Probably...

But I think they might even take it a step further... Perhaps not every location will be "World" at all. Maybe only Japan will be "Super Nintendo World."

Maybe our version will be called "Super Nintendo Land."

Different place with at least one different ride, why not give it a different name? And it's within the naming scheme of the original Mario games too.

Just throwing it out there.

Probably...

But I think they might even take it a step further... Perhaps not every location will be "World" at all. Maybe only Japan will be "Super Nintendo World."

Maybe our version will be called "Super Nintendo Land."

Different place with at least one different ride, why not give it a different name? And it's within the naming scheme of the original Mario games too.

Just throwing it out there.

Super Nintendo Galaxy

Super Nintendo Odyssey

This works better than it has any right to actually lol

Super Nintendo Wonder World :)

Oh god...not like this.

17ede59fc4c2051da1776262cba074cae88583df_hq.gif

Although on second thought, would that mean admission is free? Hmmm...