Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If the third gate is out of the question, I wonder if they'd split it up. Perhaps Pokemon replaces KidZone, and Mario replaces Toon Lagoon.

Mario at Kidzone and Zelda at Lost Continent would be a better move if they go that route IMO

I think this takes over all of KidZone/MIB plot, at least to start. If it's anywhere near Potter-level popular, then we can talk about it being in 2 parks.

My guess: KidZone is demolished and becomes Mushroom Kingdom. MIB plot either becomes Pokémon or Hyrule.

Is it too much to ask for Peach's Castle AND Hyrule Castle? Universal needs its own castle, so why not two? I'll also need a Pokemon Center/PokeMart hybrid, Samus' ship, and the Mario Kart track seems like a given so I'll add that, too. And how about a walk through attraction for level 1-1 of Super Mario Bros? I don't think all of that is too much to ask...

So yeah, let's build a third park.

And JungleSkip hit the nail squarely on the head. The current console wars are meaningless in this regard. Name one Xbox or Playstation character that is more widely known than Mario. It's a trick question because you can't.

Last edited:
I'd rather see Donkey Kong than Zelda. The mine ride writes itself, maybe a barrel spinner, and the whole Donkey Kong Country really lends itself better to being a themed environment IMO.

I personally see for Universal Studios Florida these three as it fits the urban theme and easily crossover into different sections (Pokemon, Mario, and Animal Crossing)

The_World_Bowser_Amusement_Park.jpg

Nimbasa_City_anime.png

and i just have a feeling since this game is actually super popular and would be a hit with little ones
Animal-Crossing-City-Folk1.jpg

Hugely excited for this. This can be Universal's Mickey.

1) 3DS still a massive seller and next gen system will be out around 2017/18. Perfect time to cross promote
2) Nintendo has a ton of properties beyond the obvious
3) glad to see I'm not the only one wondering if they'll be in the new water park
4) USF will get the new attractions and it will be all new construction
5) there are people not interested in potter who ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ those additions. Still massive and amazing.
6) Disney fans are fuming

1) 3DS still a massive seller and next gen system will be out around 2017/18. Perfect time to cross promote
3) glad to see I'm not the only one wondering if they'll be in the new water park
5) there are people not interested in potter who ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ those additions. Still massive and amazing.

Don't forget Amiibos. Universal could be sitting on a landmine by doing exclusive ones for NX.

I think this takes over all of KidZone/MIB plot, at least to start. If it's anywhere near Potter-level popular, then we can talk about it being in 2 parks.

My guess: KidZone is demolished and becomes Mushroom Kingdom. MIB plot either becomes Pokémon or Hyrule.

As excited as I am that something good is (probably) coming to this space, I still kinda hope ET survives in the end.

just a little cyncism, by the time UOR builds something Nintendo related, Amibos and similar game toys, will have gone the way of Guitar Hero.

I'm going to be Ms. Pessimist here. Nintendo of America handles all of Nintendo's U.S. based licensing deals. With Nintendo of Japan being notoriously xenophobic about their properties, and no mentions of U.S. parks and Nintendo of America in the press release...we might be jumping the gun expecting anything to show up in States...

1) New console could possibly come out by the end of next year. Some think this is one of the reasons why the new Zelda game is delayed, because they are already optimizing it for the NX as well. And I think it is possible that we will have a non-standard shaped touchpad on the controller.
2) They could even have a super thrill ride by using F-Zero. Simulator a la Soarin for Star Fox.

Amiibos exclusive to Universal's Nintendo store!

I'm going to be Ms. Pessimist here. Nintendo of America handles all of Nintendo's U.S. based licensing deals. With Nintendo of Japan being notoriously xenophobic about their properties, and no mentions of U.S. parks and Nintendo of America in the press release...we might be jumping the gun expecting anything to show up in States...

I don't know but universal orlando's Twitter did tweet about it

Universal Orlando isn't going to put this franchise in multiple locations. They will keep it to one zone. Kid Zone makes the most sense. Does anyone know what the deal is with ET? Does it have to stay? Is there potential for replace? We need Teebin over here. I feel like a dark ride in the ET building that covered most of the Nintendo Universe would make the most sense (like a worlds collide scenario) with the rest of the Kid Zone area rethemed to mini sections for individual Nintendo worlds.

The press release says it will be coming to Universal Parks, not Universal Japan. If it was the latter, UOR's blog and the like wouldn't be reporting it.

What would the timeframe be for this coming to Orlando? No concrete plans seem to have made for Japan yet, so I can imagine we would see it at USF for another ten years or so.

But besides that, this is a huge deal for Universal. Nintendo is one of the biggest IPs out there and there are just so many opportunities for rides, merchandise, and meet and greets. I'm suprised more people aren't talking about replacing Toon Lagoon though. Besides from Kidzone, that is a lot of space that can be transformed into a great immersive "mario land" or something like that.

Alright, I take it back now that Universal has posted about it:
http://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/nintendo-partnership/

Universal Orlando isn't going to put this franchise in multiple locations. They will keep it to one zone. Kid Zone makes the most sense. Does anyone know what the deal is with ET? Does it have to stay? Is there potential for replace? We need Teebin over here. I feel like a dark ride in the ET building that covered most of the Nintendo Universe would make the most sense (like a worlds collide scenario) with the rest of the Kid Zone area rethemed to mini sections for individual Nintendo worlds.

There's no way Nintendo would agree to that. They're JKR-level protective about their properties. They'll want the best.

- - - Updated - - -

What would the timeframe be for this coming to Orlando? No concrete plans seem to have made for Japan yet, so I can imagine we would see it at USF for another ten years or so.

Waaaaaay closer than 10 years out. This is your KidZone project.