Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 419 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like the idea that we get to ride our own Yoshi. So while kinda like Suess Trolley, it’ll at least be a more personal experience. I’m hoping it’ll have some sort of interactivity to it, like collecting coins or eggs or something. Make for good reridability.
I was thinking about this earlier. I hope they have it set up where, when it rains, they can throw an umbrella in Yoshi's hand so he's carrying it for you while you ride him.

You know, if possible both would be nice. Some sort of canopy for when it's just raining, and an alternate route for if it's thunderstorming. That way 2/3 of SNW's attractions wouldn't need to close during heavy rain.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
You know, if possible both would be nice. Some sort of canopy for when it's just raining, and an alternate route for if it's thunderstorming. That way 2/3 of SNW's attractions wouldn't need to close during heavy rain.
Canopy maybe. Alternate route no, since it’ll be an omnimover type ride the path cannot be altered.

Reactions: captainmoch
There is. But half the ride takes place outside. The queue and first/last part is in a tall skinny building in front of the middle of MK/DK.

Check out my new video for a better visual explanation. Been working on this all week. Let me know what you think y'all. (And sorry I'm fighting off a cold in the video.) It's the culmination of all my research thus far.

Congrats on the video. Is that your highest likes so far and views?

Reactions: Alicia
Where did this rumor of the Yoshi‘s being animated come from? In the ride-through videos I have seen, the vehicles were static regardless of all the animated characters around them.

Where did this rumor of the Yoshi‘s being animated come from? In the ride-through videos I have seen, the vehicles were static regardless of all the animated characters around them.

I heard that a long time ago, but that could have changed.

I wonder if MK will have any actual speed portions similar to Radiator Springs. Or will all "speed" portions be done using the effect below?

Universal-Amusement-Park-Tunnel-Patent-Mario-Kart-Universal-3.png

I wonder if MK will have any actual speed portions similar to Radiator Springs. Or will all "speed" portions be done using the effect below?

Universal-Amusement-Park-Tunnel-Patent-Mario-Kart-Universal-3.png
I imagine it will move the same speed as your normal dark ride (i.e. Mystic Manor, Spiderman, etc)...

I would cancel my annual pass if universal EVER!! (submarine quest)
Low key, I've always wanted some kind of Submarine ride in IOA that took you "under" the lagoon..

I imagine it will move the same speed as your normal dark ride (i.e. Mystic Manor, Spiderman, etc)...

Low key, I've always wanted some kind of Submarine ride in IOA that took you "under" the lagoon..

It’s amazing how convincing the speed effect works. Add some flying past lights, add some wind in the face and it sells. Spider-Man and Star Tours has the tilting motion to aid as well.