Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 475 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You spend many hours with a game to develop the connection to those new Pokemon. Or for movie IP characters, a movie provides a backstory along with a plot to tie you to a character.

I'm not sure how it would work to add new Pokemon outside of the games to the Pokemon land.

How would it be introduced in a way that makes it look familiar? That would explain its traits/background, where it's from, etc.

Pokemon already has 800+, so I think it'd just be confusing to visitors that spend an hour in the land if there's completely new Pokemon. The games already introduce an average of 80 new Pokemon every other year. I don't see why we need to add a confusing new element there.

Those new Pokemon can be cycled into a screen based attraction every 2 years as the new games come out.... that allows for cross-advertising (and repeat customers that come back when new Pokemon are added). I think that's plenty.

You spend many hours with a game to develop the connection to those new Pokemon. Or for movie IP characters, a movie provides a backstory along with a plot to tie you to a character.

I'm not sure how it would work to add new Pokemon outside of the games to the Pokemon land.

How would it be introduced in a way that makes it look familiar? That would explain its traits/background, where it's from, etc.

Pokemon already has 800+, so I think it'd just be confusing to visitors that spend an hour in the land if there's completely new Pokemon. The games already introduce an average of 80 new Pokemon every other year. I don't see why we need to add a confusing new element there.

The same way they add new Pokemon with every single Pokemon movie release that comes out (Shaymin, Meolotta, etc) and makes the new pokemon a DLC event pokemon. It's something that's been done since the GBA games. Its nothing new.

The same way they add new Pokemon with every single Pokemon movie release that comes out (Shaymin, Meolotta, etc) and makes the new pokemon a DLC event pokemon. It's something that's been done since the GBA games. Its nothing new.
It's just impossible for me to imagine that they'd add unique Pokemon for the most expensive form of media and not give access to the general public.

Now if you mean something like using the park's Pokemon land as an introduction for some new next generation Pokemon a couple weeks or months before a game is released as @jrn14 is saying, that sounds fine. But I'd be shocked if there were "park exclusive Pokemon"... that doesn't sound fair to the general public.

It's just impossible for me to imagine that they'd add unique Pokemon for the most expensive form of media and not give access to the general public.

Now if you mean something like using the park's Pokemon land as an introduction for some new next generation Pokemon a couple weeks or months before a game is released as @jrn14 is saying, that sounds fine. But I'd be shocked if there were "park exclusive Pokemon"... that doesn't sound fair to the general public.

You obviously haven't played pokemon in the last few years because that's exactly how it works with certain countries getting exclusive others don't as well which then leads to people online in other countries charging to sell people codes to get certain pokemon that they can't get in their area and region.

Proof: Serebii.net Events - Serial Code

Remember one of the goals of pokemon is to encourage interaction and trading hints why there is multiple versions of the same game with exclusive pokemon on each game forcing you to trade with others or buy both games in order to catch them all.

You obviously haven't played pokemon in the last few years because that's exactly how it works with certain countries getting exclusive others don't as well which then leads to people online in other countries charging to sell people codes to get certain pokemon that they can't get in their area and region.

Proof: Serebii.net Events - Serial Code

Remember one of the goals of pokemon is to encourage interaction and trading hints why there is multiple versions of the same game with exclusive pokemon on each game forcing you to trade with others or buy both games in order to catch them all.
So you’re in favor of new Pokémon that are only seen in the park and are not obtainable in the games? What?

So you’re in favor of new Pokémon that are only seen in the park and are not obtainable in the games? What?

Never said not obtainable in game. I'm fine with pokemon that appear in the park and are park exclusive DLC pokemon. (remember when for certain pokemon you had to go to gamestop to obtain them).

That's what I'm saying for new pokemon.

Reactions: youhow2
Never said not obtainable in game. I'm fine with pokemon that appear in the park and are park exclusive DLC pokemon. (remember when for certain pokemon you had to go to gamestop to obtain them).

That's what I'm saying for new pokemon.
Merchandise I can see. Actual Pokémon, no. It’s a lot different to ask someone to go to a local GameStop over Universal Orlando Resort.

Reactions: Legacy
Sticking with mainly original Pokemon is the way to go IMO. People into the current generation pokemon will visit this park no matter what. OG fans like myself wont be as enthusiastic about a park full unrecognizable monsters.

BTW we need a Mewtwo attacks ride where he breaks out of the lab we're touring and its our job to capture him and bring him back. Blue sky ...im just talking...

Sticking with mainly original Pokemon is the way to go IMO. People into the current generation pokemon will visit this park no matter what. OG fans like myself wont be as enthusiastic about a park full unrecognizable monsters.

BTW we need a Mewtwo attacks ride where he breaks out of the lab we're touring and its our job to capture him and bring him back. Blue sky ...im just talking...

I'm thinking of a Charizard ride that would rival FoP and Soarin. I'd like to see them attempt to tackle that kind of ride system.

Reactions: Grits0808