Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Theres only one real way to do the major e-ticket for Pokemon. Small World clone. Except with screens instead of AA's. That way they can show everyone's favorite Pokemon.

I see the land getting more than one major ride. Somehow Universal will find a way to transform the games into ride form. It would be a shame if they didn't.
I really don't though. Unless they go the Pandora route of one massive family-thrill ride and one smaller not-thrill ride, which (to me) seems like overkill. The whole point of any Creative designed, original Pokemon ride will be to observe (and interact) with a slew of "real" Pokemon. A thrill-ride doesn't really accomplish that, one. And two, it limits how many kids (the target demo here) can enjoy it. A single, super-high occupancy family ride (omnimover?) is the best and "only" answer to a headline.

I would place hard money on there being some sort of flat-ride. It may be an off-the-shelf kiddie coaster (Professor Oak's Caterpie Coaster) or a teacups (Togapi Twirl) or pirate ship (Scyther Swing) or a Carousel with a bunch of different Pokemon. But while the "old millennials" in their 30s will WANT "Gyarados' Eats Team Rocket: The Ride" or "Mewtwo Makes Your Brain Bleed! Live on Stage," we won't be the focus on this. Pokemon will be everyone, but especially kids.

I've been thinking about Zelda going to IOA, and while most say it going to Lost Continent, I am thinking if maybe Toon lagoon wouldn't be better. The two water rides can be re-themed, and the theater can become a bran new e-ticket. What I really would like is an Everest style coaster set in Death Mountain, though that might be too similar to the Potter coaster, so I was thinking of maybe having something using that puzzle theater patent set in the Temple of Time. Storyline would be that there is some ceremony in the temple, and then things go wrong. Popeye, can change first, then later on Dudley can get re-themed as a phase 1.5.

I've been thinking about Zelda going to IOA, and while most say it going to Lost Continent, I am thinking if maybe Toon lagoon wouldn't be better. The two water rides can be re-themed, and the theater can become a bran new e-ticket. What I really would like is an Everest style coaster set in Death Mountain, though that might be too similar to the Potter coaster, so I was thinking of maybe having something using that puzzle theater patent set in the Temple of Time. Storyline would be that there is some ceremony in the temple, and then things go wrong. Popeye, can change first, then later on Dudley can get re-themed as a phase 1.5.
Two rethemes and the puzzle theater?

:ban:

I really don't though. Unless they go the Pandora route of one massive family-thrill ride and one smaller not-thrill ride, which (to me) seems like overkill. The whole point of any Creative designed, original Pokemon ride will be to observe (and interact) with a slew of "real" Pokemon. A thrill-ride doesn't really accomplish that, one. And two, it limits how many kids (the target demo here) can enjoy it. A single, super-high occupancy family ride (omnimover?) is the best and "only" answer to a headline.

I would place hard money on there being some sort of flat-ride. It may be an off-the-shelf kiddie coaster (Professor Oak's Caterpie Coaster) or a teacups (Togapi Twirl) or pirate ship (Scyther Swing) or a Carousel with a bunch of different Pokemon. But while the "old millennials" in their 30s will WANT "Gyarados' Eats Team Rocket: The Ride" or "Mewtwo Makes Your Brain Bleed! Live on Stage," we won't be the focus on this. Pokemon will be everyone, but especially kids.

There are ways to make Pokemon rides family friendly. I see them going down the Pandora route you mentioned, except the rides will be almost equal in thrill. There are plenty of ride opportunities for Pokemon, other than catching them all. Pokemon Snap and a Charizard flight simulator are both possibilities. There's no way Universal only makes one large ride.

Two rethemes and the puzzle theater?

:ban:
Lol. Puzzle theater could potentially be a good system. Basically it would be a dark ride, that moves around different settings as the timeline gets messed up, then end back in the Temple of time. Re-theme for Popeye and Dudley could be very extensive, where all that remains is the ride system. On the other hand, they could just keep Popeye and get rid of Dudley turning that into Death Mountain. Toon Lagoon is also a large area, so a lot of space to create Hyrule town with shops and eateries.

Lol. Puzzle theater could potentially be a good system. Basically it would be a dark ride, that moves around different settings as the timeline gets messed up, then end back in the Temple of time. Re-theme for Popeye and Dudley could be very extensive, where all that remains is the ride system. On the other hand, they could just keep Popeye and get rid of Dudley turning that into Death Mountain. Toon Lagoon is also a large area, so a lot of space to create Hyrule town with shops and eateries.
Nah. Give me a ride like Forbidden Journey, but Zelda. And less screens.

Nah. Give me a ride like Forbidden Journey, but Zelda. And less screens.
That would be nice too actually, and a system like that could be used for an epic encounter with a giant boss. That actually is why I would love the Death Mountain setting, to face King Dodongo, a system a la FJ could bring you really close to him.

That would be nice too actually, and a system like that could be used for an epic encounter with a giant boss. That actually is why I would love the Death Mountain setting, to face King Dodongo, a system a la FJ could bring you really close to him.
Or these guys out in the wilds.
zelda-actiongif.gif

OTZlMDdhMDA1MSMvVDNNeGNBeWdFa0ZXeEQyX1NTcXFVZmkxMTBZPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vZ256bWwxMW5qd2JtbGFrdm16cXVmZ2t3Ymk3c2Fjb3RoaWpxNTd4NWpxaXRmM3V2bHY4bWMzbm9pZG5pemptdy5naWY.gif

a887ae610cebaa72e4a8eb46c7b16e85.jpg

The caterpie coaster and togapi teacups make me want to ralph but a Pokemon carousel with like 60ish unique Pokemon you can ride would be a welcome addition IMHO. I could deal with Two dark rides and the carousel or one E ticket, the carousel and and some sort of other attraction, possible stage show, walk through exhibit, or another better themed flat ride haha.

Just spent a solid hour and a half reading the last twenty pages of the thread. Man oh man have things changed in the last few months. As eager as I am for SNW, Zelda in LC, Pokemon in KZ, and SNW in the third park will be incredible. I just hope the third park is further along than we think. SNW came up in conversation with friends a while ago and they basically all said, “Yeah I saw that on FB a million years ago, but it must not be happening anymore.” Universal has immense momentum right now, and maybe I’m wrong, but I’m not sure if one new HP ride and “lesser” simulator rides (F&F, Terminator replacement, etc.) can carry that momentum for 7ish years.

Hopefully soon one of the insiders will get info and clear everything up.

Just spent a solid hour and a half reading the last twenty pages of the thread. Man oh man have things changed in the last few months. As eager as I am for SNW, Zelda in LC, Pokemon in KZ, and SNW in the third park will be incredible. I just hope the third park is further along than we think. SNW came up in conversation with friends a while ago and they basically all said, “Yeah I saw that on FB a million years ago, but it must not be happening anymore.” Universal has immense momentum right now, and maybe I’m wrong, but I’m not sure if one new HP ride and “lesser” simulator rides (F&F, Terminator replacement, etc.) can carry that momentum for 7ish years.

Hopefully soon one of the insiders will get info and clear everything up.

I may be mistaken, but I believe insiders on here have said that Universal-South has been greenlit, they're just waiting for the lawsuit with Thomas to be settled. We should expect the park around 2022-2023, SNW included.

As for Pokemon and Zelda, Pokemon is only a rumor at this point (it seems like there is a new KZ rumor every month). Other possibilities for the KZ plot include Splatoon and Hello Kitty. Nintendo employees were spotted in LC a couple weeks ago, and an insider on here seems to think that Zelda will be in LC before Universal South opens.

I may be mistaken, but I believe insiders on here have said that Universal-South has been greenlit, they're just waiting for the lawsuit with Thomas to be settled. We should expect the park around 2022-2023, SNW included.

As for Pokemon and Zelda, Pokemon is only a rumor at this point (it seems like there is a new KZ rumor every month). Other possibilities for the KZ plot include Splatoon and Hello Kitty. Nintendo employees were spotted in LC a couple weeks ago, and an insider on here seems to think that Zelda will be in LC before Universal South opens.

I have not seen anyone say that the Southern Project is greenlit. Heck, I'd still call that heavy blue sky as of right now, even with the land acquisitions and the Stan Thomas case.