Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 517 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pokemon for USF
Zelda for IOA
Mario and Kong (Donkey) for New Park

Seems like a plan
I’m betting on this! This is exactly where my head went and it seems to make the most sense and it will please everybody in some sense. Pokemon in studios seems like a very easy bet. Zelda, however, I am not totally convinced (as hate mentioned, HTTYD could be an interesting IP attempt) however, if they are truly planning the “Nintendo in all parks” thing, I think this is as perfect as it can get. Imagine pokemon with all of the space that the entire SNW was supposed to have!! Oh the possibilities

Reactions: shiekra38
I wouldnt say im back.. Or i ever left lol. But to answer your question here is my guess. And mind you these are not things I’ve heard but rather things I think make sense.

I think Universal is looking at HP and saying we could of went bigger orignally. And now with Nintendo theyre doing just that. You dont have all these plans, permits, concept art etc surface and then nothing happen. Imo i think theyre working on a way to bring Nintendo to both Studios and IOA as well as the new park.

Mario imo will be the face of the new park and Super Mario world will go there. It just makes sense that way since IOA nor Studios with their current IP line up and tremedendous growth need Mario. The new park however needs that MEGA HYPE type IP to lure guests in and Mario is just the character to make that happen. So yeah i think Gate X will get Super Mario World.

Now i think the real question is what happens to Kidszone and what gets replaced in IOA. Kidszone has to go, and they know it. But you need a major IP that will pull families in since your gutting a kids focused area. So does that mean Trolls? HTTYD or Dreamworks mash up? Or another Nintendo property such as Pokemon or Donkey Kong? Personally i think any of these work cause they imo have to be family focused and kid friendly.

As for IOA and what happens there thats tough. It will be interesting to see which land goes in favor of a new IP. You can eliminate the obvious Potter, JP, and Marvel. Then Seuss is imo safe with new Illumination seuss stories hitting theaters starting later this year. So that leaves Toon and LC. I know many say Toon but i personally think Toon is safe. Those water rides pull in massive crowds for the Peak spring break and Summer seasons Some may say yeah but in Jan and Feb theyre useless. While true, the park isnt really in need of those attractions pull and capacity during those times. Another clue those water rides still pull in more crowds than Sinbad or PF even on the least attended days.

So my guess is LC is the land they target in the future for expansion. Now if theyre trying to bring Nintendo to every park including IOA i think the only logical option is Zelda. I mean id poop if a Zelda land was coming, but id also lose my mind if HTTYD replaced LC. Its easy to associate those IPs too cause they have the same sort of feel imo.
I agree. Mostly along my same line of thought. If betting, I'd take this scenario.

Imagine pokemon with all of the space that the entire SNW was supposed to have!! Oh the possibilities

I, personally, wouldn’t like that- but I’m not the demographic. Pokemon was just out of my wheelhouse- hitting its popularity just a year after I started being interested in girls. Whoops.
But I certainly can’t deny the popularity and appeal.

Wouldn’t the entire KidZone be a hair too much? Couldn’t Trolls or something that appeals to the toddler get shoehorned in there to target the demo they are essentially losing with KidZone?

Even though I won’t have a toddler (or young enough to care child) by the time it gets completed, I can’t neglect the fact that if it’s just pokemon, you’re now excluding every 1-4 year old out there for the entire park. Maybe animal actors can get a Trolls show or dark ride or something to that effect?

Both Trolls and Pokemon are properties that are used for a lot of general merchandise. The trouble for Trolls is it mainly seems to sell to girls. Pokemon as a merchandising brand has broader appeal. I think Pokemon would be a much better fit for KidZone. Trolls would go better in the non wet areas of toon Lagoon

Could the DK coaster be moved completely indoors? It wouldn’t cost that much, and it would make the ride more immersive.
More than half of it is indoors. And the parts that are outside will really make the area come to life.

Sometimes rides that go outside are exciting!

Honestly, that would be like wishing all of Big Thunder Mountain was inside. Is that ride any less immersive not being all inside? I can’t imagine how boring Test Track would be without its outside segment.

EDIT: I should add, the way the Donkey Kong area was designed enclosed the entire area and courtyard within a jungle setting, with big divider walls up to enclose it away from the park and a tremendous amount of theming... Meaning that even the outside was as well themed as the inside parts.

Last edited:
II think they redesign the whole thing to get the rides out of the buildings to give those gamers a bit of fresh air. >:)

But fun aside I also think they getting bigger and better for Nintendo.

Reactions: shiekra38
Honestly, that would be like wishing all of Big Thunder Mountain was inside. Is that ride any less immersive not being all inside? I can’t imagine how boring Test Track would be without its outside segment
Magic Kingdom and Epcot both have plenty of great indoor attractions. Islands of Adventure does not.

This isn't about any one attraction. It's just a wish that IoA would balance out its outdoor rides with more indoor ones. Nuff said for me.

I keep saying it , but, with Universal stating that 80% of all tickets sold are park hoppers, and easy quick transportation between IOA & USF (HE or short walk), it's really like one big park, which makes park to park differences fairly insignificant, while still maintaining the unique differences between the two parks atmosphere wise.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot both have plenty of great indoor attractions. Islands of Adventure does not.

This isn't about any one attraction. It's just a wish that IoA would balance out its outdoor rides with more indoor ones. Nuff said for me.
IoA has too many outdoor rides. USF has too few outdoor rides. They balance themselves out well as a resort, but each park is way too far in one direction.

THANK YOU!!! These people think we’re saying any outdoor ride stinks when it’s not the case at all.

I keep saying it , but, with Universal stating that 80% of all tickets sold are park hoppers, and easy quick transportation between IOA & USF (HE or short walk), it's really like one big park, which makes park to park differences fairly insignificant, while still maintaining the unique differences between the two parks atmosphere wise.
It’s going to be a lot bigger of an issue for the new property. The new park will have to be a lot more well-balanced

I like the indoor/outdoor coasters at Disney, Everest, Mine Train, Big Thunder and even Splash(I know it's a flume), but I feel like that's a winning formula in general. I mean I'm glad space mountain doesn't go outdoors, but I think a mine car coaster could go outside without breaking theme.

I like the indoor/outdoor coasters at Disney, Everest, Mine Train, Big Thunder and even Splash(I know it's a flume), but I feel like that's a winning formula in general. I mean I'm glad space mountain doesn't go outdoors, but I think a mine car coaster could go outside without breaking theme.
Which is ironic because the original plans fo space mountain *did* have it going outside. (That was when it was a Disneyland-only ride).

Reactions: Andysol
I'm excited to see the animatronic pirahna plants.

130px-PiranhaPlantDS.png