Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

From TPU, they debunk the thought; and lead towards it being something more akin to what MiB is.

Is This Universal Parks Mario Kart Ride System? - Theme Park University
Seems like Josh also thinks this may have been something Dynamic pitched to Universal Creative, but wasn't taken up on. That was something I mentioned as a possibility in my video too.

However, it doesn’t mean that Dynamic’s Dual Powered Coaster has zero relation to the Mario Kart attraction. Most likely, this ride system was pitched to Universal Creative during the early development stages of designing Mario Kart. If I could take a stab, my guess is Dynamic Attractions did a decent amount of research and development for this ride system with the intent that Universal would end up buying it for their three Mario Kart attractions opening at Orlando, Hollywood and Japan.

If Mario Kart is using the busbar system, is there a way Universal can create/simulate speed using that because last time I checked most busbar rides can only reach 15-20 mph max.
It'll be better to be able to take in the scenery this way...

And yes! They can simulate speed with moving background screens, LED tunnels between scenes, and moving physical objects coming towards you to create the illusion of you moving faster than you are.

Food for thought, wasn't F&F the first attraction to fully simulate speed with moving background screens? Just a thought.
Bleh.

Transformers did a great job of making me feel like we're moving forward even when we're not.

Mario Kart WILL actually always be moving forward, it will just feel faster than you're really going most of the time.

Bleh.

Transformers did a great job of making me feel like we're moving forward even when we're not.

Mario Kart WILL actually always be moving forward, it will just feel faster than you're really going most of the time.
Transformers (like the end sequences of SpicerMan) use hugely curved screens for that effect. It works well, as anyone who has seen a 1950s Cinerama movie will tell you :)

Transformers (like the end sequences of SpicerMan) use hugely curved screens for that effect. It works well, as anyone who has seen a 1950s Cinerama movie will tell you :)
What I like about Transformers is that for a couple of the scenes where you drive forward with a screen in front of you, (something that never happens on Spider-Man,) you actually go forward like 4 or 5 feet to start, with tire squealing sounds. The rest is rumbling, but those first few feet moving at the start really sell it!

So just to catch up a bit, we should NOT be expecting Mario Kart to reach any particularly substantial speeds? I don't think anybody would (or should) have been anticipating Test Track-style propulsion, but I was certainly expecting something a bit more high octane than even your fastest average dark ride.

I really hope that with the Mario Kart ride they have the Luigi death stare as you potentially pass him in your kart

luigideathstare-56a6ac515f9b58b7d0e43740.jpg