Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whatever happens, I hope this deal results in a new edition of this:
Universal_Studios_Theme_Parks_Adventure_Coverart.png

I completely forgot about that! Kinect Disneyland Adventures did such an amazing job recreating that park. The game is meh, but it's fun just walking around, as ridiculous as it looks. We can only hope that Universal gets that. IOA would translate amazingly.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
It'd be pretty cool if Uni and Nintendo cross promoted. For example, the ride vehicles of the Nintendo rides could become vehicles in the next Mario Kart. Nintendo could release a Universal-exclusive Mario amiibo that's him on the Mario Kart ride or something. Universal Studios could be a DLC stage in Super Smash Bros.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Which Mario Kart video did you watch? There are 8 different Mario Kart games. Can you post it on here?

My guess for your "oh okay" moment is that you saw the hang glider portions of the game

mario_kart_glider-100041583-large.jpg

Reactions: anihilnation
Forgot to post this yesterday, but Brover on USHForums is also hearing that you guys may not be seeing Nintendo until 2019.

Which..makes sense, considering that it hasn't been done before, much like how Hogsmeade went.

Forgot to post this yesterday, but Brover on USHForums is also hearing that you guys may not be seeing Nintendo until 2019.

Which..makes sense, considering that it hasn't been done before, much like how Hogsmeade went.

Eh, Diagon wasn't done before either and that was done really quick, but I agree that 2019 seems like the more probable timeline for now

wow, I never knew that game existed. I just watched some youtube videos of it...it's based on the Osaka park too....interesting

I totally never realized that it was USJ, all I knew at the time was that it was a weird hybrid of the two existing parks. USJ opened at the same time that this game came out, so I didn't really know anything about the new park yet. They must have created the game to essentially help advertise the new park.

Eh, Diagon wasn't done before either and that was done really quick, but I agree that 2019 seems like the more probable timeline for now

Construction was quick, but do we know when they actually started planning and developing it? Because I would think that would take awhile and is done behind the scenes since we don't see it like we do construction.

Construction was quick, but do we know when they actually started planning and developing it? Because I would think that would take awhile and is done behind the scenes since we don't see it like we do construction.
Sean and the gents over at Parkscope I believe said that talks were as early as last year, with a rough idea for it; I think.

Nintendo has had a bad run, but they still have a laughable amount of money in the bank. I think their next system will fail, but the minute they release their first game for PS4/Xbox One (yes I do think this will happen this generation), they'll instantly become the most powerful game publisher on the planet.
This generation? That seems incredibly unlikely. The push for mobile from investors has been going on for years and Nintendo has just decided to dip their toe in. I don't think investors have been pushing for them to develop for PS4 and XBONE much at all. Granted, software is the most profitable portion of their business, but they've always seemed adamant about pairing their software experiences with focused hardware. Who knows what kind of changes may be coming with the change in leadership, but I definitely believe we won't be seeing Nintendo software on competitor consoles this generation.

No, but close... ;)

Although, I did see the reason spinning might happen too.

It all sounds like a job for Oceaneering to figure out.

Assuming the ride will be based on Mario Kart 7 and 8, there could be some sort of underwater portion of the ride though that seems a bit far fetched (UC continues to surprise me in their ambition though so never say never).

I'm guessing it has to do with an item then. The blooper is the only item that involves liquid. 3D scene where the blooper inks you incoming. Bringing in Oceaneering for that like a lot though.

Last edited:
Alert the media! I just watched a few videos of the Mario Kart game - wanted to see the obstacles and stuff. I also got a surprise answer to why something needs to be able to happen every so often in the game. I was all, "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! OhKay!".
Turbo boost!!!