Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe all of the above. Before Comcast owned USJ, USJ had a good amount of control on how a project played out, where it was located as well as operations.

Update: If true, does this mean that Singapore and Beijing and Russia have no chance of ever hosting Nintendo in any way?

I have never offered this before, but Singapore has some weird independence from Universal Parks unlike any of their other parks. I am not sure of the particulars, but it does.
Don't know how much weight he holds around here but around the time of the Nintendo announcement WDW1974 said Beijing would get Nintendo.

Update: If true, does this mean that Singapore and Beijing and Russia have no chance of ever hosting Nintendo in any way?

I'm not convinced two of them will ever open, let alone get Nintendo.

With that being said, I doubt Moscow would get it. It's supposed to be really small. Beijing I would imagine it would happen if the park does, but who knows

Not really. When it comes to Mario and DK the two universes are very closely tied together. Mario's first appearance being in Donkey Kong and not to mention DK characters constantly appearing in Mario spin off games which was a completely unique honor for them until Mario Kart 8 introduced Link and Animal Crossing characters as DLC. If there's any true shared universe in Nintendo, it's between Mario and Donkey Kong.

Technically they're the same, but if what u heard is true you shouldn't have to worry

Yeah, I just mean that Mushroom Kingdom/DK Island are two different places in the same universe. Wrong wording.

If there is an AA for Kong, should it be something similar to what you see in the games like this:
latest

or should it be something more 'realistic' with real hair and skin etc.

If they're aiming for a family ride, I think something more game like would probably be the way to go as not to terrify the children. Kongfrontation terrified me as a kid.

^^^^

There is already one scary kong at the resort, if they do an AA at all, I would imagine it would be cartoon like. I expect (or hope) that this area will be family friendly.

If there is an AA for Kong, should it be something similar to what you see in the games like this:
latest

or should it be something more 'realistic' with real hair and skin etc.

If they're aiming for a family ride, I think something more game like would probably be the way to go as not to terrify the children. Kongfrontation terrified me as a kid.

A mix. Real fur-looking but still cartoony features

Everyone might want to turn down the volume on expectations of multiples in the attraction itself. I am starting to think it will be handled by 3D. i.e. spider-man on the ladder. (spider-man, ha ha ha. No pun intended)

Then I meant, the big ass ape that's been rumored to of been done by Creature Tech in Austrailia.

And I am just saying, to see how fluid the AA will be.

While I know Pokemon isn't fully nintendos, I would love them to add some kind of arena/area to integrate Pokemon Go which should be coming out in the next few months.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of a mine cart being the main focus of DK? I love the idea of having it incorporated in some way, but to have two rides in the same park that take place in a mine cavern?