Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 334 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can you imagine what Super Nintendo World look like at Halloween Horror Nights? I would imagine they keep it open just like the Dr Seuss area at HHN back in 2002. Imagine the music playing this like the Simpsons does at HHN Universal Studios Hollywood.

They play that in Hollywood?!?!?!

They play that in Hollywood?!?!?!

Yeah, every year at Universal Studios Hollywood, they play the Simpsons' Halloween end credits at the Simpsons area for HHN, occasionally.

I would imagine that Super Nintendo World at HHN might have some scary music from the famous Nintendo games.

Last edited:
Yeah, every year at Universal Studios Hollywood, they play the Simpsons' Halloween end credits at the Simpsons area for HHN, occasionally.

I would imagine that Super Nintendo World at HHN might have some scary music from the famous Nintendo games.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh. I thought you meant they play the Nintendo music.

At this point, it could go anywhere.

On one hand, I could see an accidental slip; but I expect them to focus on three things if they do for Orlando.

The new hotels coming (WNW, Adventura) and Potter. I also expect some word for Hollywood and Osaka again on attendance increase, but that is a guess on my part.

Reactions: Mike S
The more I think about it, the more I think it's a shame that Nintendo just doesn't get its own theme park. The debate about Zelda has made me think that while it's one of the most iconic video game franchises, it just might not quite have the oomph with the general public to justify its own land attached to a park like USF or IoA, but I think it would be an integral part of a Nintendo theme park. A Nintendo park would have the advantage of many different genres which would create a park with very diverse offerings with Mario, Zelda, Yoshi, Metroid, etc., as opposed to if you built, say, a Harry Potter-dedicated theme park with Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley and what have you all next to each other, it might make for a somewhat homogeneous experience.

Reactions: Ashhanbre

If they ever add Pokémon to one of the parks, playing the original Lavender Town music is a no-brainer during Halloween/nighttime. I imagine some of the younger fans may not like it, though :lol:

Reactions: Mike S
The more I think about it, the more I think it's a shame that Nintendo just doesn't get its own theme park. The debate about Zelda has made me think that while it's one of the most iconic video game franchises, it just might not quite have the oomph with the general public to justify its own land attached to a park like USF or IoA, but I think it would be an integral part of a Nintendo theme park. A Nintendo park would have the advantage of many different genres which would create a park with very diverse offerings with Mario, Zelda, Yoshi, Metroid, etc., as opposed to if you built, say, a Harry Potter-dedicated theme park with Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley and what have you all next to each other, it might make for a somewhat homogeneous experience.
I understand the point, but I don't see Universal or anyone really making one park based on one large IP/genre.

I understand the point, but I don't see Universal or anyone really making one park based on one large IP/genre.
Technically Nintendo is a collection of many IPs. If you go by the model set by Disneyland it's actually really easy to substitute the lands for Nintendo IP. A park like this would likely only work in Japan though.

Technically Nintendo is a collection of many IPs. If you go by the model set by Disneyland it's actually really easy to substitute the lands for Nintendo IP. A park like this would likely only work in Japan though.
Still an all video game park with Nintendo as the name. You lose a lot of people who will say video games are dumb and never show up.

Reactions: shiekra38 and fryoj
Which is why I said it would only work in Japan.

Technically, Japan|did have a carnival PokeBall Park which only lasted throughout 2005, anything beyond that is a meh. Poképark - Wikipedia

It's proof that a Nintendo theme park wouldn't survive on its own. Our pop culture is so hugely popular in Japan and elsewhere in the world that most of our property takes things over anything else. That's why they have Tokyo Disney Resort and Universal Studios Japan. As an IP, though, while we wish to have a Nintendo theme park on its own, there's just no way it's happening, because you have to be concerned about costs, safety inspections, breakdown, disability accommodations, hiring of construction companies, breakdown, etc, to make sure the park goes smoothly. Nintendo doesn't have the resources to carry out on its own, it just wouldn't survive as a permanent park. They have to team up with Universal Studios in order to expand its IP due to losing out revenue to Sony's Playstation and Microsoft's Xbox.

If they ever add Pokémon to one of the parks, playing the original Lavender Town music is a no-brainer during Halloween/nighttime. I imagine some of the younger fans may not like it, though :lol:

OMG, now that would be funny, I was thinking more along the line with this.

Maybe for HHN, Universal should bring out the eating Piano from 64 at the SNW area just to scare the audience :rolleyes:

Technically, Japan|did have a carnival PokeBall Park which only lasted throughout 2005, anything beyond that is a meh. Poképark - Wikipedia

It's proof that a Nintendo theme park wouldn't survive on its own. Our pop culture is so hugely popular in Japan and elsewhere in the world that most of our property takes things over anything else. That's why they have Tokyo Disney Resort and Universal Studios Japan. As an IP, though, while we wish to have a Nintendo theme park on its own, there's just no way it's happening, because you have to be concerned about costs, safety inspections, breakdown, disability accommodations, hiring of construction companies, breakdown, etc, to make sure the park goes smoothly. Nintendo doesn't have the resources to carry out on its own, it just wouldn't survive as a permanent park. They have to team up with Universal Studios in order to expand its IP due to losing out revenue to Sony's Playstation and Microsoft's Xbox.
I'm not saying they're going to do it. Just that if they did do it, in Japan, it would work. The culture around gaming is huge there. Obviously the deal with Universal is better because now they can go outside of Japan with a smaller amount of worry.

Also, if you're seriously try to compare PokePark to what a full Nintendo park would be, lol.

Reactions: Andysol
I'm not saying they're going to do it. Just that if they did do it, in Japan, it would work. The culture around gaming is huge there. Obviously the deal with Universal is better because now they can go outside of Japan with a smaller amount of worry.

Also, if you're seriously try to compare PokePark to what a full Nintendo park would be, lol.

No, I'm using it as an example because a Nintendo theme park on its own isn't likely to be possible. If a Pokeball park only survived for a year, it sure wouldn't be for an all-out Nintendo theme park. Even in Japan, they only have a few anime attractions as opposed to the many of non-Japanese IPs at Tokyo Disney and USJ. It all comes down to popular appeal and cost. Nintendo just don't have the resources to do it despite many popular IPs. You don't see Marvel Comics or DC Comics putting out their own theme parks despite their popular characters and making tons of money off movies nowadays. They need to have Disney and Universal (for Marvel) and Six Flags (for DC comics) to hold their hands.