Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 374 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How about putting a Super Smash Brothers ride? Then you could put Kirby, Metroid, Star Fox, etc all together in one place.
That'd honestly be pretty rad. I doubt it'll happen, but I love the idea of an attraction mishmashing between different universes that may not have enough to warrant a whole land.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Since Mario, Donkey Kong and Yoshi are each getting a major attraction, it makes sense to add 2 smaller attractions as compliments to the 2 Es and 1 D already slated for SNW.

Some cool combinations:
WarioWare flat ride and Captain Toad play area
Luigi's Mansion Fantasyland-style dark ride and WarioWare play area
Captain Toad flat ride and Luigi's Mansion walkthrough/play area

Kirby would be cool, but I think they'd save the franchise for an expansion (Kirby/Animal Crossing/Pokémon for Phase 2). The initial SNW should stick to Mario-related franchises for the largest reach and appeal.

Reactions: Grits0808
Since Mario, Donkey Kong and Yoshi are each getting a major attraction, it makes sense to add 2 smaller attractions as compliments to the 2 Es and 1 D already slated for SNW.

Some cool combinations:
WarioWare flat ride and Captain Toad play area
Luigi's Mansion Fantasyland-style dark ride and WarioWare play area
Captain Toad flat ride and Luigi's Mansion walkthrough/play area

Kirby would be cool, but I think they'd save the franchise for an expansion (Kirby/Animal Crossing/Pokémon for Phase 2). The initial SNW should stick to Mario-related franchises for the largest reach and appeal.
WarioWare would actually work great as a Midway Mania type of ride.

Not really sure how a fighting game would equal a ride.
I picture it similar to Minion Mayhem/Jimmy Neutron, not in that it's a simulator but in the plot of those attractions. Have it be the guest becoming a "Smash Bros. champion" or something, (similar to how guests "become Minions" in DMMM) then have them going from stage to stage and seeing iconic characters and worlds. (similar to all the Nicktoons in Jimmy Neutron)

Repeat to yourself "It's just a park, I should really just relax."
a06.gif

Just got the low down on a lot of info. I'm not sure what to say, without saying too much. Just know that what you think is going inside kidzone, might not be going there. But from the stuff I heard, this is going to be amazing.

Yes but might not be the original plan (Mario, DK, Yoshi). Gotta catch em all ;)

Again, just take what I say with a grain of salt, it's coming from a credible source but you know things can always change.
I'm intrigued by this concept. Pokemon replacing KidZone would work much better thematically and aesthetically in USF than Mario would, imo. Pokemon takes place in fairly urban "realistic" environments which fits snugly into USF's overall theme, unlike Mario which flat out doesn't fit with the park at all.

Personally, my ideal from a cohesiveness perspective is Pokemon replacing KidZone in USF, Zelda replacing LC in IOA, and Mario as a headliner in Park 3.

Reactions: Blue and snayberry
Yes but might not be the original plan (Mario, DK, Yoshi). Gotta catch em all ;)

Again, just take what I say with a grain of salt, it's coming from a credible source but you know things can always change.

So they chose to not go with the Mario characters, and go for a franchise that has people wanting to be the very best, like no one ever was?

Right now @Muggle148 has the best track record for anything recent :lol:. Unless He, @Disneyhead or @Teebin say something, I'll be skeptical as well. Just as skeptical as I am with KidZone closing immediately after HHN.

Edit: @Quint and @Andy
Forgot about those 2 on accident. :)

Last edited:
Right now @Muggle148 has the best track record for anything recent :lol:. Unless He, @Disneyhead or @Teebin say something, I'll be skeptical as well. Just as skeptical as I am with TMs allegedly being told that KidZone is closing immediately after HHN.

TBH, I could care less about being known as the "insider" and this isn't even close to being the same as "a TM being told KZ is closing right after HHN". I'm sharing this info, for the sake of speculation. I could have just said nothing. What I said isn't even close to being everything I was told.

Reactions: Ashhanbre and Nico