Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 373 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love Kirby. I want him to get something. The best place for him, aesthetically, is connected to the Mushroom Kingdom. It's the same cartoonish whimsy, only pastel-colored instead of Mario's saturated, traditional palette.

Zelda, Star Fox, Pokémon, Metroid, etc, all have very specific and unique looks that would clash as 1.25 expansions.

I love Kirby. I want him to get something. The best place for him, aesthetically, is connected to the Mushroom Kingdom. It's the same cartoonish whimsy, only pastel-colored instead of Mario's saturated, traditional palette.

Zelda, Star Fox, Pokémon, Metroid, etc, all have very specific and unique looks that would clash as 1.25 expansions.
Kirby would fit the aesthetic but ever since they’ve said 1.25 isn’t Zelda I’ve wanted each area to be consistent. Use either Yoshi’s Island or Luigi’s Mansion.

Kirby would fit the aesthetic but ever since they’ve said 1.25 isn’t Zelda I’ve wanted each area to be consistent. Use either Yoshi’s Island or Luigi’s Mansion.

Here is the thing, Yoshi has seemed to be apart of the current plans for phase 1 as it is; atleast from what @AliciaStella says. And if they wanted to add something simple and easy that doesn't have to take too much space; I would think Kirby would do great to add onto for SNW.

Not to mention that it was at the original plans back during the pitch, and that it'd be a nice way to give tribute to Iwata, the creator of Kirby.

Reactions: captainmoch
Here is the thing, Yoshi has seemed to be apart of the current plans for phase 1 as it is; atleast from what @AliciaStella says. And if they wanted to add something simple and easy that doesn't have to take too much space; I would think Kirby would do great to add onto for SNW.

Not to mention that it was at the original plans back during the pitch, and that it'd be a nice way to give tribute to Iwata, the creator of Kirby.
Masahiro Sakurai created Kirby. Iwata was the head of HAL Laboratory at the time.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

I'd argue Kirby is consistent with the aesthetic of the rest of the land. It'd just be cartoony Dreamland instead of cartoony Mushroom Kingdom or cartoony Donkey Kong Country

I'd argue Kirby is consistent with the aesthetic of the rest of the land. It'd just be cartoony Dreamland instead of cartoony Mushroom Kingdom or cartoony Donkey Kong Country
Except Donkey Kong is pretty much confirmed to be in the same universe as Mario. There’s a city named after him in Odyssey after all.

Kirby would fit the aesthetic but not what ties everything else together which is pretty much the “Mario Universe.”

Except Donkey Kong is pretty much confirmed to be in the same universe as Mario. There’s a city named after him in Odyssey after all.
donkey-kong-screenshot.jpg

Reactions: Mike S
Since the topic of food came up with Kirby I’d like to propose a Princess Peach Bake Shop where can eat a cake so delicious that you’d go on a dangerous princess saving adventure to eat it if you weren’t just paying for it instead.

Told you I’d be a stickler with Nintendo.

Then perhaps it's good to remind you that it's a theme park? You have to loosen up, or else you are going to set yourself up for disappointment.

Since the topic of food came up with Kirby I’d like to propose a Princess Peach Bake Shop where can eat a cake so delicious you’d go on a dangerous princess saving adventure to eat it!!!

I am betting some form of pastry shop may be in the land, actually for a few reasons.

Maybe, but it also leads me to not care very much about said destruction. There's other parks to go to.

Also, comparing "putting Kirby in a Nintendo land" to "wholesale dismantling of a park's theme" seems a bit drastic.
I was only equating your statement, not Kirby. Kirby would fit in a Nintendo land but as we can tell this is mostly a Mario land.

If they end up going with a small Dream Land extension whatever. I’ll just always prefer if it was an extension of the Mario Universe instead.

Also if this conversation shows anything it’s how easily Nintendo IP could be used to fill out an entire park and make everyone happy.

Maybe, but it also leads me to not care very much about said destruction. There's other parks to go to.

Also, comparing "putting Kirby in a Nintendo land" to "wholesale dismantling of a park's theme" seems a bit drastic.
Honestly, "thematic issues" in theme parks are the ultimate first world problem. There's so many other things in the world to get worked up about that matter much more. That's why, as a theme park fan, I care about these things but don't make it into a big deal and generally just roll with what the parks throw at us.

Reactions: Doug A.