Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 372 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly have no idea. AFAIK there wasn't much expansion space in the final(ish) layout, so anything added wouldn't be very expansive. Maybe some flat rides or a (very) small dark ride.
Correct.

Orrrrrr ET goes bye bye...

Or expansion plot between Simpsons and MiB gets taken over. But that option might require some reconfiguration to the new show buildings to create guest passage from Mushroom Kingdom to 1.25.

So, maybe just some additional small stuff tucked in the corner... That way they can say it's a new land with 5 new rides, instead of only 3.

Correct.

Orrrrrr ET goes bye bye...

Or expansion plot between Simpsons and MiB gets taken over. But that option might require some reconfiguration to the new show buildings to create guest passage from Mushroom Kingdom to 1.25.

So, maybe just some additional small stuff tucked in the corner... That way they can say it's a new land with 5 new rides, instead of only 3.

This seems the most likely to me, IMO. As it stood, we were getting Mario Kart, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong, with a Donkey Kong play area (AFAIK). Add in the Kirby flat ride package from the original plans and you're up to 5-6 rides. Once Nintendo opens, a lot of USF rides will probably need major refurbs. MIB, Simpsons, and Mummy stand out as long as Shrek and FFL are closing as we expect them to. Having Nintendo have the most amount of rides possible is the best angle to have

EDIT: I just don't see ET closing now. Not with Shrek, T2, and FFL all going down. Before MoM and SLoP came into the picture, maybe. But now it seems out of the question. Maybe once Nintendo or MoM open, but not before

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
I thought Yoshi was in the possible but not final FL plans, and it wasn't until they announced Japan and noted the public interest in Yoshi stuff that it became a solid item for FL.

Also, nearly all alternate concepts built upward and layered attractions. Maybe they added back something on an upper tier.

I thought Yoshi was in the possible but not final FL plans, and it wasn't until they announced Japan and noted the public interest in Yoshi stuff that it became a solid item for FL.

Also, nearly all alternate concepts built upward and layered attractions. Maybe they added back something on an upper tier.
Yoshi is an upper level attraction. And has been included in recent plans. The stuff in upper levels in the early Mario Kart concept art (like Luigi’s Mansion and Airship) were never included in the real plans as far as I know. Nor was space allocated for them. Again, as far as I know.

Yoshi is an upper level attraction. And has been included in recent plans. The stuff in upper levels in the early Mario Kart concept art (like Luigi’s Mansion and Airship) were never included in the real plans as far as I know. Nor was space allocated for them. Again, as far as I know.

I thought one possibility was that Yoshi would be a boat? So having a flume it'd be on the lowest level of any stacked configuration. Akin to how Navi River Journey is under FOP's queue.

This seems the most likely to me, IMO. As it stood, we were getting Mario Kart, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong, with a Donkey Kong play area (AFAIK). Add in the Kirby flat ride package from the original plans and you're up to 5-6 rides. Once Nintendo opens, a lot of USF rides will probably need major refurbs. MIB, Simpsons, and Mummy stand out as long as Shrek and FFL are closing as we expect them to. Having Nintendo have the most amount of rides possible is the best angle to have
A Kirby courtyard with a spinner, Kirby Cafe, and meet and greet would be so adorable. I'd honestly be okay if that were what 1.25 is.

A Kirby courtyard with a spinner, Kirby Cafe, and meet and greet would be so adorable. I'd honestly be okay if that were what 1.25 is.
If it’s an extension of the Mushroom Kingdom it should be Luigi’s Mansion but that’s just me. The only Kirby game I’ve played and finished is the one I got for free for buying a 3DS early.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
If it’s an extension of the Mushroom Kingdom it should be Luigi’s Mansion but that’s just me. The only Kirby game I’ve played and finished is the one I got for free for buying a 3DS early.

Kirby is cute and pink and fluffy and can sell merch/be cute for some flat rides.

Not sure a Luigi's Mansion ride could fit where I'm thinking any possible "1.25" would go

Kirby is cute and pink and fluffy and can sell merch/be cute for some flat rides.

Not sure a Luigi's Mansion ride could fit where I'm thinking any possible "1.25" would go
Kirby’s big popularity is also mostly limited to Japan. If you want to make an area for flat rides and a cute character Yoshi would be the better choice for USF. Egg Shell Teacups, Yoshi Carousel, etc.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Having a diverse set of characters >>>>than solely the main popular characters. You like Mario and crew who is already represented. Kirby could bring people who don't like Mario as much as well as the fact Kirby is a chef adds a restaurant feature that is a lot harder to find with Mario.

I get the most popular of the IP argument but shouldn't Universal be trying to bring as many people as possible not oh only people who like the flagships of Nintendo. You got to cater to the majorities and the minorities.

Having a diverse set of characters >>>>than solely the main popular characters. You like Mario and crew who is already represented. Kirby could bring people who don't like Mario as much as well as the fact Kirby is a chef adds a restaurant feature that is a lot harder to find with Mario.

I get the most popular of the IP argument but shouldn't Universal be trying to bring as many people as possible not oh only people who like the flagships of Nintendo. You got to cater to the majorities and the minorities.
There’s also an argument that the land they’re currently building is thematically consistent with what properties are being meshed together. Kirby isn’t part of the “Mario Universe,” if you will.

I don’t want to see random mashups with these lands. Would you put Azkaban in Hogsmeade?

Exactly.

There’s also an argument that the land they’re currently building is thematically consistent with what properties are being meshed together. Kirby isn’t part of the “Mario Universe,” if you will.

I don’t want to see random mashups with these lands. Would you put Azkaban in Hogsmeade?

Exactly.

If Kirby is good enough for Super Smash Bros then its good enough for them to use in SNW.

When it was Zelda being added to the land it was okay but then when its Kirby its just a random mashup?

Kirby, Animal Crossing, and even to an extent Starfox fit the asthetic of Mario more so than all the other games. It would make sense for them to use those for 1.25 so they can use the gritter ones for other expansions.

Exactly.
Yeah, that's not the same. The area is going to be called "Super Nintendo World." Not "Super Nintendo World - The Mushroom Kingdom" or "Super Mario World," just "Super Nintendo World" as far as we know. Adding another property linked to it would not be a stretch. It's not a "random mashup," it's two distinct sections of of one "Nintendo" land, one being the large Mario area, one being the small Kirby area. As long as it's slightly separated from the Mushroom Kingdom area (which it WOULD be if it's in the plot we're talking about) it makes sense, IMO.

If Kirby is good enough for Super Smash Bros then its good enough for them to use in SNW.

When it was Zelda being added to the land it was okay but then when its Kirby its just a random mashup?

Kirby, Animal Crossing, and even to an extent Starfox fit the asthetic of Mario more so than all the other games. It would make sense for them to use those for 1.25 so they can use the gritter ones for other expansions.
It actually wasn’t okay because I’ve always preferred Zelda getting its own area in IoA.
Yeah, that's not the same. The area is going to be called "Super Nintendo World." Not "Super Nintendo World - The Mushroom Kingdom" or "Super Mario World," just "Super Nintendo World" as far as we know. Adding another property linked to it would not be a stretch. It's not a "random mashup," it's two distinct sections of of one "Nintendo" land, one being the large Mario area, one being the small Kirby area. As long as it's slightly separated from the Mushroom Kingdom area (which it WOULD be if it's in the plot we're talking about) it makes sense, IMO.
They didn’t add Hogsmeade to WWoHP until Diagon Alley opened. The same could apply here.