Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 422 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And will the castle just be a facade or will there be an actual castle that has paintings and such that you can walk around and spend time in? Like, will the castle be an attraction? I am worried that if the castle is only the entrance, then there wouldn't be a way to actually live that childhood dream of walking in that castle and hearing that familiar music from Mario 64.
maxresdefault.jpg
It depends on the game but the most known one to fans is this:
mario64.jpg
You may get your wish on this, kinda. Still just a quaint foyer on your way out of the castle facade while entering the land... but should look familiar to longtime Mario fans. :)

So what makes this so different than the last version?

For one, there seems to be a lot more detail on what seems to be either pathways or possibly some form of a water current that will pass through the area of Donkey Kong.

Not to mention, it also seems to show more of certain road changes that will be around the area of SNW in backstage terms, with the most apparent being with the structure behind DK.

Also in a strange thing I may of noticed just now, is when looking at the front entrance of SNW, there now seems to be an easily identifiable border for walking flow, almost in a curved shape (similar to how USH's Studio Tour plaza has a portion around it being curved).

The entrance to the land and the barrier blocking backstage at DK are really the only new details here, but given maps I’ve posted before it’s not really anything new.

I will say, (before the rumors start spreading,) there are no plans to extend the Springfield facades further (like at Hollywood) to block the area. As far as I know, very pretty landscaping and levels of trees will line the walls of SNW.

I won’t be at my computer till tomorrow but here’s my map I’ve been posting with each section marked off. Compare it to the new drainage permit from today.

Nintendo_USF_AreaMap3.jpg
How much you want to bet they serve the same food as Fast Food BLVD in Nintendo world...They literally backup to each other haha

So does Hogsmeade for Hollywood, yet it's very much different compared to a Krusty Burger or a Flaming Moe.

Honestly, I am curious about the food, only to see if they make it simple.
I expect some kind of mushroom drink....Otherwise, I can't remember any food items from Nintendo that aren't regular food items haha

Reactions: Mike S
I expect some kind of mushroom drink....Otherwise, I can't remember any food items from Nintendo that aren't regular food items haha
Personally, I expect pizza, Italian subs, spaghetti and MUSHROOM EVERYTHING! But that's just my guess.

I also expect adorable character cupcakes, cookies, and more fun kid snacks sprinkled throughout the land.
So does Hogsmeade for Hollywood, yet it's very much different compared to a Krusty Burger or a Flaming Moe.
Exactly. This new quick service will be backed up against the other one to share a back team member pathway to the dumpsters and for food deliveries. A new team member food cafe will be built in this area too that both locations will share... but SNW's quick service will have its own completely separate kitchen. So while they may share some things, the food will be made completely differently in different places.

Personally, I expect pizza, Italian subs, spaghetti and MUSHROOM EVERYTHING! But that's just my guess.

I also expect adorable character cupcakes, cookies, and more fun kid snacks sprinkled throughout the land.

Exactly. This new quick service will be backed up against the other one to share a back team member pathway to the dumpsters and for food deliveries. A new team member food cafe will be built in this area too that both locations will share... but SNW's quick service will have its own completely separate kitchen. So while they may share some things, the food will be made completely differently in different places.

Thank you for being our resident Nintendo World expert. :)

DeHs2gIECO-FqVi_iEgH6a8SKJWhfg8k51EroHcC2C1EzFbo8SnKGbeuzuniW0Fs5cxn7BOTkgZTnAEzwTnB=w1600-h1093-rw

To do some things..
Pink: That curved border I mentioned
Teal: Pipe entrance
Yellow: Food/StorePants
Blue: ET Showbuilding
Purple: newly configured ET Queue
Gradient: Expansion space
Green: I forgot what it actually is...
Dark Purple: DK Area
Red: DK Showbuilding
Orange/Dark Orange/Light Orange: New Venue
Magenta: I am going to guess backstage for Yoshi..
Light Blue: Super Mario Land/Yoshi/Mario Kart
Brown: Landscaping..

I can provide some support for the rumors there won't be facades on Springfield. Part of the area between Mario Kart and the Simpson's Ride is slated for a fire access road, meaning that fire trucks will be able to move behind the buildings. That would seem like a deal killer for facades.

Also the entrance appears to have some sort of enclosure planned around the pipes.

The markings, from what I've been able to put together, are access roads, which can give some indicators of where outdoor sections of track for DK might be. These are all early site work documents so specific details are hard to come by at this point. Once the footer and foundation permits come in, we'll have a better idea of where some show/ride elements will be.

DeHs2gIECO-FqVi_iEgH6a8SKJWhfg8k51EroHcC2C1EzFbo8SnKGbeuzuniW0Fs5cxn7BOTkgZTnAEzwTnB=w1600-h1093-rw

To do some things..
Pink: That curved border I mentioned
Teal: Pipe entrance
Yellow: Food/StorePants
Blue: ET Showbuilding
Purple: newly configured ET Queue
Gradient: Expansion space
Green: I forgot what it actually is...
Dark Purple: DK Area
Red: DK Showbuilding
Orange/Dark Orange/Light Orange: New Venue
Magenta: I am going to guess backstage for Yoshi..
Light Blue: Super Mario Land/Yoshi/Mario Kart
Brown: Landscaping..
There’s no image...

Reactions: Magic-Man
Oh another thing to note: There's talk in some of the plan docs about extending and moving natural gas pipes in the area. It's tough to know exactly where they're going because there's no map in the plan docs yet on where those might go, but in the some of the planning office comments, it looks like the natural gas line is extending past the food area, so there may be some pyro elements in the rides. I'll be keeping an eye out on info firming that up.

Oh another thing to note: There's talk in some of the plan docs about extending and moving natural gas pipes in the area. It's tough to know exactly where they're going because there's no map in the plan docs yet on where those might go, but in the some of the planning office comments, it looks like the natural gas line is extending past the food area, so there may be some pyro elements in the rides. I'll be keeping an eye out on info firming that up.

I could definitely see the Donkey Kong coaster having some fire elements. Also, it would be cool if we had some sort of restaurant with flame-grilled food.