Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

According to Forbes the best selling games are not Mario ,Zelda etc. Now. Such a fluid market. I understand if you bought a platform and love it. It will fade away. It's like fallout, Forza and others?
IP’s like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon aren’t like other video game properties, they have more personality and a huge appeal. While games like Mario Kart can appeal to a wide range of people, both families and (somewhat) hardcore gamers, games like Forza and Fallout simply can’t appeal to those demographics.

Characters like Mario and Pikachu are recognized worldwide, even competing with The Mouse for most recognizable characters. Until Nintendo makes decisions to tank their business and characters they will most likely survive and thrive the way they have for the past 20+ years.

I can understand if you don’t think that Nintendo could translate well to theme parks, but you can’t deny Nintendo’s legacy in the hearts of people both young and old.

I'm learning it's best to stfu on this site. It doesn't matter if you go to the parks, really know the the parks, it's only about some opinion about the parks, some informed some not.
You're trippin. I know this because I'm, one of the most outspoken, thinking very far outside the box members on this site and have ran into very few issues that I myself didn't create from misunderstanding or over thinking. But politely, I'd suggest try taking into account that the post being directed towards you are thought out with information and very formal. You should consider the same or agree to disagree. I'm not even a mod bro and you've triggered me.

Oops, that requires reading to respond, kinda.

Oops. If you can't compare something how do you make a point?

You are right. Some people hate opposing views here or anywhere.

I'm learning it's best to stfu on this site. It doesn't matter if you go to the parks, really know the the parks, it's only about some opinion about the parks, some informed some not.

Another child. I was never rude. Just don't think that games should take a front seat in the expansion. Sorry.

If you want to learn, I'd suggest:
  • Learning how to edit your responses, so don't double and triple post
  • Learning how to use replies and/or insert quotes
  • Learnings how to avoid talking crap about the site and/or other members.
I'm sure @Brian G., @Nick, @Joe or any of our lovely mods would be happy to help.

People have been put on time out for less.

Gosh, I look away for a year and everybody gets all chippy.

This is the darkest timeline.

Goodness this thread is a disaster.

@Ridgepole - It was a pretty easy going conversation from what I can tell until you turned it into something it wasn't. You were rude post after post and you want people to take you seriously? You say that "people hate opposing views here", but it seems you as well hate opposing views. Interesting.

If you want to remain a member here, you are going to need to change your attitude towards other posters. You better hope @Brian G. is apathetic towards you.

This thread is just getting ridiculous at this point.

And, @Ridgepole, can you please try and fix your grammar? I’m no saint myself, but yours is kinda horrible.

If you don’t like our opinions here, you can at least be quiet about it, or make a good argument for your case. Calling people a “child” doesn’t solve any problems.

Last edited:
@Ridgepole

I think you're underestimating the draw of Nintendo. Yes, none of their big games have much story depth to be found. This is true. With that being said, Mario, Donkey Kong, and the gang have been around for 30 years, and have become some of the most beloved characters on the planet. The nature of video games also offers natural attraction opportunities. I agree they shouldn't go too heavily on Nintendo, but do think that the Mario land we're getting, as well as possible Pokémon and Zelda projects, more than warrant their inclusion at UOR.

Tolkien is great. The LOTR saga is one of my favorite stories. I'd love for it to show up in Park 3. That being said, the owners of the stories don't seem keen on it coming to a theme park, so it's far from a simple thing.

I also think Narnia is no where near as popular as it was 20-30 years ago.

As a teenager, I can say that I’ve never really heard much about Narnia. I know about the books, movies, and the whole wardrobe thing. I know nothing else, and I’m sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

Nintendo, on the other hand, I know a lot about. I would go to any park that had Nintendo in it. And now that gaming is becoming more and more popular, we’re gonna see more video game movies and attractions. It’s that simple.

If I remember correctly, at least 80% of teenagers have played video games at some point in their life. I’m willing to bet that the number of teens who have read LOTR and Narnia is much, much lower.

093e6047a2.png

What are you all talking about? Nobody cares about Pokemon besides nerds! :eek:O:

@Ridgepole

I think you're underestimating the draw of Nintendo. Yes, none of their big games have much story depth to be found. This is true. With that being said, Mario, Donkey Kong, and the gang have been around for 30 years, and have become some of the most beloved characters on the planet. The nature of video games also offers natural attraction opportunities. I agree they shouldn't go too heavily on Nintendo, but do think that the Mario land we're getting, as well as possible Pokémon and Zelda projects, more than warrant their inclusion at UOR.

Tolkien is great. The LOTR saga is one of my favorite stories. I'd love for it to show up in Park 3. That being said, the owners of the stories don't seem keen on it coming to a theme park, so it's far from a simple thing.

I also think Narnia is no where near as popular as it was 20-30 years ago.

LOTR would be awesome at a Park and I do believe it was Christopher Tolkien who was the one who never wanted it to even be made in to films, nevermind theme park stuff. Now he is no longer the executor of the estate (RIP) then I believe the remaining members of the Tolkein family, or at least his ancestors, were more than keen. Hence the Amazon TV deal. This is the perfect time for Universal to trigger going in to that deal because of the TV deal. Set to be the most expensive TV show ever made. That's another discussion though. Got carried away there.

Main point is I do agree with all of this and also let's all be nice to each other

You son need to read more. Tolkien, Lewis and Clarke are the founders of fantasy fiction as you know it. Those stories will live forever. Gameplay will fade away like the first grade love you may have had.

In fact it's strange that Narnia has never hit the theme parks(that I know of) , classic story. Maybe Lewis and heirs said no.

Oops, that requires reading to respond, kinda.
Narnia is not an iconic IP

I would hope whenever they do Pokemon they give it as much love and thought as SNW!!
I know that everyone is on Universal about their current screen trend and F&F, but they tend to know their source material quite well and replicate the worlds they come from well...Obviously HP is a great example, but I look at Kong, and even Suess Land....They all have distinct feelings and ideas that make you feel 'in universe'

I can only think that Pokemon will be approached as they approach any popular franchise with a significant fanbase, with care

Minus F&F, they screwed that up haha