Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Nintendo has hours and hours of amazing music to use in the land.

So the BGM loop will probably be 15 minutes long like WWOHP is
Not to mention when you go into different play area areas, the respective music for that zone will be playing... like a variation of the old school underground theme when you go into an underground zone, etc.

This sure is interesting to see running:

Went out to Petersen Inc and saw the new prototype. Lucky for me they were testing the cars on it. : rollercoasters

You may remember me posting this link several months ago:
Over the Top | Setpoint Inc

The video was taken at Petersen, Inc, a steel fabrication plant in Ogden, Utah - which is also where Setpoint is headquartered.
Yes, nice. I remember Teebin telling us about this testing site for DK about two or three years ago.

This sure is interesting to see running:

Went out to Petersen Inc and saw the new prototype. Lucky for me they were testing the cars on it. : rollercoasters

You may remember me posting this link several months ago:
Over the Top | Setpoint Inc

The video was taken at Petersen, Inc, a steel fabrication plant in Ogden, Utah - which is also where Setpoint is headquartered.
So, thats pretty much confirmed testing for DK right? Wonder if we should expect that track layout as well.

Nintendo is next to Transformers in Hollywood right? I’d post a picture I took but this site is weird and won’t let me upload from my phone.

SUPER NINTENDO WORLD WILL USE WRISTBANDS (GIVEN TO ALL GUESTS) TO INTERACT WITH THE LAND: This is from the CEO of Universal Parks, Tom Williams so not rumors.

We are going to open up next spring. It's a whole new separate area of the park. It's got food. It's got merchandise. The first phase will have two rides, Super Mario Kart Ride and as well as Yoshi's Adventures. Yoshi is one of the other Nintendo characters. There will be two rides. The whole land is interactive. And you are going to have a wristband that's got the big red Mario symbol on it.

By the way, the wristband is super cool. It's all magnetic. You slap it at your wrist and it just snaps on and it won't come off. And that allows you to, on an interactive basis throughout the entire land which is built on three different levels. It's got all the popular Bowser's deal and Princess Peach's Castle and all the different key elements. And you will be able to go up and keep score and play with the various games and that also translates to a score keeping capability, if you choose to do so within the rides and it actually interfaces back with your game console. So you can build on it and come back again and really got everything going for it.

When asked when Nintendo will be coming to US parks this was the answer:
I only know we are bringing it. But I don't want to defer attendance.

SUPER NINTENDO WORLD WILL USE WRISTBANDS (GIVEN TO ALL GUESTS) TO INTERACT WITH THE LAND: This is from the CEO of Universal Parks, Tom Williams so not rumors.

Time to smash those bricks y’all!

This sounds fascinating, but also keep in mind this is about USJ. All of these elements may not necessarily make it to the states, at least in the current form. Very interested to see how this works.

Lol at least he's answering honestly now.

I'd say the delays with SWGE and the problems with Hagrid will only make Universal more cautious about announcing opening dates (if that's possible)

The fact is that SNW in California is only about a year behind construction of SNW in Japan which gives us an opening date in 2021.
Yes. This is basically what we always talk about when people question why Universal doesn't release opening dates and more info until something is just about open. From the horses mouth here. ....and Universal has been gun shy since the attendance nosedived before the Hogsmeade opening. And now GESWL reinforced that view. This is Universal's M.O. and it's going to remain their M.O.....and I don't blame them.

Of course, you know, we've been discussing interactive play elements, and even speculating about some type of score keeping since 2017... It's nice to finally have some confirmation!

Sooooo... some interesting tidbits to report. Expect there to be interactive elements throughout the entire land. Not sure if anything would need to be purchased like HP's wands, (maybe for more effects in addition to this,) but all guests should be able to step on spots, touch things, hit question mark blocks, etc to activate effects.

Not just in the play areas (like the dino roars in Camp Jurassic.) Probably everywhere.

And that's not all. I think they'll be a lot more to do than just the 3 rides in this new land. Universal has learned a lot from the Wizarding World. They know they're gonna have a hit on their hands so it doesn't look like they're holding back.

Hearing word that there is a lot more play areas around Nintendo than I had first thought. Think more like exploring caves at Camp Jurassic rather than climbing things outside. May even include interactive elements, like collecting coins, (or something like that.)

Its in the Epic Universe thread, since it’s publicly released concept art it’s fair game.
Doesn't publicly releasing art like this before something is set to open usually mean it’s safe to do so because it’s not happening anymore? I know Donkey Kong is happening I’m just going off past experience. Either that or the artist goofed and will be getting a call soon.

Doesn't publicly releasing art like this before something is set to open usually mean it’s safe to do so because it’s not happening anymore? I know Donkey Kong is happening I’m just going off past experience. Either that or the artist goofed and will be getting a call soon.

Nope, they probably signed a contract saying “can use in a portfolio after x years” or something.

Nope, they probably signed a contract saying “can use in a portfolio after x years” or something.
They've also been developing this for years, so "x years" is likely up at this point considering minus DK they're starting to rollout their Nintendo stuff.