Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

Of course, that would mean moving SNW back to USF to have it open sooner, that doesn't guarantee DK is my entire point. Budgets I'm sure have changed. Plus, it can be marketed as an expansion 2-3 years later assuming crowds bounce back. I don't see DK opening right away if this is to come back to USF by 2023, I just don't see them opening that many things at once with low crowds there's no use to, especially when tourism isn't expected to be big again until 2024 at the earliest. Why drop all of your SNW attractions at once during this current climate?
I mean I don’t see SNW opening in USF in 2023.
I would have agreed with that 6 months ago ,now that they stopped capital outlay for Epic Universe I disagree with that 0% guess , They are trying to get guests to return to park and something new in name will help with that IE: A day in the park with Mario.
Nintendo would not allow that

I mean I don’t see SNW opening in USF in 2023.

Nintendo would not allow that
So when do you see it opening? Regardless, if its later than 2023, funds are likely even LESS since they aren't pumping it out sooner, so again, no budget for DK regardless of what Nintendo wants, unless they want to pay for it lol. Also no crowds for it, no need to extend all your SNW Mario resources immediately when you don't have much else new/planned/developed for a long time. As much as I am dying for DK to open with it at this point it makes almost zero sense to do so.

So when do you see it opening? Regardless, if its later than 2023, funds are likely even LESS since they aren't pumping it out sooner, so again, no budget for DK regardless of what Nintendo wants, unless they want to pay for it lol. Also no crowds for it, no need to extend all your SNW Mario resources immediately when you don't have much else new/planned/developed for a long time. As much as I am dying for DK to open with it at this point it makes almost zero sense to do so.

2025, personally. Well into a recovery. I think you analysis on budgeting is off quite a bit, TBH.

2025, personally. Well into a recovery. I think you analysis on budgeting is off quite a bit, TBH.
Well I'm basing this off the rumors from our insiders that they want to try and fast track this to Florida so they can open it together with SNW Hollywood. So assuming thats true or what they are intending, then I can't imagine my budgeting is far off. I don't know exacts, but adding another mini-land with a brand new ride seems, not cheap.

Also how are they going to attract people to the parks up until 2025? After Velocicoaster, unless things are still terrible in 2022, they'll need something in 2023/2024 once people start their vacations again as Disney will be backed up with their projects and will likely have new offerings. Only way I see that is a SNW opening in 2023/2024. Probably too early to predict any of this, but they're going to need some sort of draw and if there is anything contractual with Nintendo, this is where I see funds going and they'll probably try and cut anything than can, so, DK is out at first.

Dunno how many times we have to say “EU is paused and there are no plans to bring any of the attractions or lands to the existing parks”.
So speculation and discussion isn't allowed on this site then? What would you like us to talk about? How depressing this pandemic is? Like there is zero harm in these hypothetical discussions, we aren't stupid Joe and quit talking to us like we are. No one here is stupid and unaware of that. Do you want us to not use this site and discuss anything with other forum members? Is that not what this is for?

I don't understand what you guys want from us. No speculating means we have nothing to discuss here. Which means less site clicks, less site visits, like you guys kill any speculation. I don't get it.

You clearly have all the answers so I guess I'll stop.
I don't, but really sit down and think about how realistic it woulds that Orlando could demolish a whole land, prep utilities, and catch up on vertical construction with a land whose main ride building is already complete and vertical steel is going up every day. The cost of *that kind of construction* is huge.

I don't, but really sit down and think about how realistic it woulds that Orlando could demolish a whole land, prep utilities, and catch up on vertical construction with a land whose main ride building is already complete and vertical steel is going up every day. The cost of *that kind of construction* is huge.
Im just going off what has been said on here, its been said SNW Hollywood is being pushed back to 2022, so a 2023 opening for Florida if they were to begin construction this year or early next year is just not insane. I mean SNW Japan might be sitting there until next year for all we know. Construction can slow down, as it clearly will, and lands can sit for a little.

It can also be promoted like, SWGE was (minus the Rise debacle) where it opened at Disneyland first, then a few months later in Orlando or something similar. It really doesn't sound far fetched to me personally.

But we should stop discussing, apparently speculation is not allowed on here regardless of the worlds current uncertainty and having nothing else to discuss regarding theme parks.

Yes, admittedly, I'm not helping by posting the spitball map earlier

We should all be clear that EU is very much on the table and happening, any spitballing is simply just fanfiction
I mean did anyone propose this as something other than fan fiction? Didn't think so, thats why I don't get Joe's comment.

Its also not like we're speculating about a random land that has no business being in the current parks, it was originally designed to be there so the speculation is only natural along with other rumors. To me, this seems like the exact thing people come to this forum to discuss, speculate, or be educated on.

Everything is subject to change. What is 'probable' today, may end up being completely different 12 to 24 months from now. At this point in time, during the 'pause', and due to so many unknown covid & economic ramifications. there are no certain outcomes. There's no harm in speculating. Otherwise it's going to be crickets around here, especially with the myriad HHN threads that usually dominate discussion through November now silent.

I mean did anyone propose this as something other than fan fiction? Didn't think so, thats why I don't get Joe's comment.

Its also not like we're speculating about a random land that has no business being in the current parks, it was originally designed to be there so the speculation is only natural along with other rumors. To me, this seems like the exact thing people come to this forum to discuss, speculate, or be educated on.

I mean I think it's one thing if folks wanna speculate about Animal Crossing coming to the parks eventually due to its huge newfound popularity/success and if folks in turn wanna argue how it's "boring" or "it's a game about nothing" cause they are adrenaline junkies or lack imagination or whatever. Then that's fine too. But having a discussion about how SNW- Mushroom Kingdom should/"is" going into kidszone and if so would likely be a phase 1 of 2, is a discussion/speculation that's been had like several times the past week across like 3 separate threads now and feels more of a damper tbh than Joe repeating the thing he did.

Anyways, I said it before idk what they would necessarily do with the IP, almost anything would be wait and see regardless nothing is being designed let alone built any time soon, I don't think its popularity would be going away any time soon either though, the biggest question right now for likely Nintendo and related partners is gauging and capitalizing on merch potential. I think I trust Universal Creative if a land were to happen to figure out a decent enough dark or boat ride and maybe a show. There would be shops, a restaurant and meet and greets, it wouldn't be a land for everyone and in no way should it probably happen before say Pokemon and Zelda.

Last edited: