Nintendo Switch | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May I introduce you to the SNES vs Genesis ads and console wars?
Was it that bad back then? Since there was no internet back then I wasn't really paying attention. I had a NES, not a SNES, and anyway, I never disliked Sega. I remember in the videostore you could rent video games as well consoles, a few times I rented a Sega and loved it.

The whole anti Nintendo thing just seems so ... immature and stuff, but then, comment sections in general are like that. It just seems like Nintendo is targeted much more. I never see Nintendo people super against Xbox and PS, at least not to the point where it is ludicrous.

I know there is a theory that most trolls are just youngsters who think Call of Duty is the greatest thing on earth and think that any game which does not involve shooting is crap. In any case, I know that what dominates gaming nowadays is specs, which in a way is sad, because the graphical fidelity seems to be more important than the game itself. To me it seems, that back in teh days of 8-bit graphics the idea of the game itself was still central, because well, there were no great graphics, I think that is also why retro gaming is a thing, because the game was central.

That said, I do like it that controllers are much better these days, whenever I play old games again, the controlls often seem off, part of it might be because of errors in the emulation, but I think that perhaps games back then might not have controlled as well as they do now.

As for Sega, they bowed out after the Dreamcast; now, I never played the Dreamcast, but I heard it actually was a good console, that was superior to the N64. Then, PS came on the market the same time if memory serves me right, so that might have done it.

Was it that bad back then? Since there was no internet back then I wasn't really paying attention. I had a NES, not a SNES, and anyway, I never disliked Sega. I remember in the videostore you could rent video games as well consoles, a few times I rented a Sega and loved it.

The whole anti Nintendo thing just seems so ... immature and stuff, but then, comment sections in general are like that. It just seems like Nintendo is targeted much more. I never see Nintendo people super against Xbox and PS, at least not to the point where it is ludicrous.

I know there is a theory that most trolls are just youngsters who think Call of Duty is the greatest thing on earth and think that any game which does not involve shooting is crap. In any case, I know that what dominates gaming nowadays is specs, which in a way is sad, because the graphical fidelity seems to be more important than the game itself. To me it seems, that back in teh days of 8-bit graphics the idea of the game itself was still central, because well, there were no great graphics, I think that is also why retro gaming is a thing, because the game was central.

That said, I do like it that controllers are much better these days, whenever I play old games again, the controlls often seem off, part of it might be because of errors in the emulation, but I think that perhaps games back then might not have controlled as well as they do now.

A lot was swed back then which is now continuing to show up. The macho "boys rule" marketing is another thing from that generation that has lead to a toxic community.

As for Sega, they bowed out after the Dreamcast; now, I never played the Dreamcast, but I heard it actually was a good console, that was superior to the N64. Then, PS came on the market the same time if memory serves me right, so that might have done it.
Fanboys of anything are toxic scum. You know how Breath of the Wild got nearly universal praise? One reviewer gave it a 7/10 and because of that fanboys had the bright idea to take down his whole site. Now, I love the game too, but I was to busy playing it rather than venomously trying to defend it on the internet. If you look into the reviewer there is reason to question his review because of bias but even if it's true who gives a :poop:? You don't go to that extreme.

Reactions: anihilnation
Great news for the Switch. Strong MK8D sales, strong Zelda sales, and a sustained demand for the Switch. I think it's confident to say the Nintendo fans are satiated for the console and the remaining demand is from the general public who spurned the Wii U.

Nintendo helps push April US game sales up 10% - NPD | GamesIndustry.biz
It really is amazing. I've wanted a console like this for quite a while now and the writing was actually on the wall for quite a while now that this is what they wanted to do next.

It really is amazing. I've wanted a console like this for quite a while now and the writing was actually on the wall for quite a while now that this is what they wanted to do next.

I wonder how much is the versatility and how much is the mature design and marketing with a launch Zelda game.

Fanboys of anything are toxic scum. You know how Breath of the Wild got nearly universal praise? One reviewer gave it a 7/10 and because of that fanboys had the bright idea to take down his whole site. Now, I love the game too, but I was to busy playing it rather than venomously trying to defend it on the internet. If you look into the reviewer there is reason to question his review because of bias but even if it's true who gives a :poop:? You don't go to that extreme.
I think Jim Sterling was all ready to give Zelda an 8/10, but knew exactly what sort of reaction and publicity he'd get if he dropped it down a further mark.
It's actually pretty clever on his part to whip these rabid fanboys up, no doubt he's ultimately benefitted from it.

Reactions: Mike S
I think Jim Sterling was all ready to give Zelda an 8/10, but knew exactly what sort of reaction and publicity he'd get if he dropped it down a further mark.
It's actually pretty clever on his part to whip these rabid fanboys up, no doubt he's ultimately benefitted from it.
His reasoning on putting Mario Kart higher also seems to have nothing to do with the game itself. Also, did enough really change between 7 and 8 to go from 5/10 to 9/10? Apparently he came out and said he hated Mario Kart before.

Reactions: amityboattours
His reasoning on putting Mario Kart higher also seems to have nothing to do with the game itself. Also, did enough really change between 7 and 8 to go from 5/10 to 9/10? Apparently he came out and said he hated Mario Kart before.
He's a self-publicising hypocrite, but I do still listen to the Podquisition because there's enough good stuff still there if you just take everything he says with a very large grain of salt.

Reactions: Mike S
Looks like this is real.
oxp12ahx-998474y8uvc.jpg

What I've read said the game is like XCOM for kids. Anyone familiar with that series?

Details: New Details About Mario + Rabbids: Kingom Battle Confirmed for Switch - News - Nintendo World Report

Reactions: ArchieAndrews
In technical terms, they had Cow Tossing before.

Yeah that one. LOL.

Edit: Oh did you mean XCOM? The first one was turn based tactics style. They say its one of the best in that style of game but I prefer the real time ones like Sudden Strike and Desperados myself though.

Last edited: