Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

I am thinking we might see a Zelda collection for the 2018 Holiday season, one cartridge that contains all the games (minus breath of the wild).
Sometime, we probably will also see a new Super Mario 2D game as well. There's still a new Pikmin in the making as well.

I am thinking we might see a Zelda collection for the 2018 Holiday season, one cartridge that contains all the games (minus breath of the wild).
Sometime, we probably will also see a new Super Mario 2D game as well. There's still a new Pikmin in the making as well.
I don’t think we’ll see a collection like that maybe ever.

I’m hopeful Pokemon is out next year. Recent reports seem to suggest it’s possible. Switch needs a big game to keep the momentum going. I’m not sure if Yoshi and/or Kirby are gonna be big enough games to do that. Pokémon or Smash would be ideal.

The announcement of Mega Man 11 has me excited though. But that will also be on PS4 and Xbox. But I will undoubtedly be getting that for Switch. As well as the other Mega Man collections coming out.

I read some articles about how 2017 was a big year for games, and it was. 2018 however has a ton of games coming out.

I could easily see the Switch passing 20M units without any major titles. They’re ridiculously close as-is and there will be plenty of third-party titles next year.

Nintendo’s MO lately seems to be to announce games far before release. I would think Animal Crossing would be announced a year or more before it comes out.

I could easily see the Switch passing 20M units without any major titles. They’re ridiculously close as-is and there will be plenty of third-party titles next year.

Nintendo’s MO lately seems to be to announce games far before release. I would think Animal Crossing would be announced a year or more before it comes out.

I would think with only five games, that wouldn't mean that completely.

This past year, we got four all new games that were announced in remarkably short time-periods (Arms, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade, & Splatoon 2). Not even including Mario + Rabbids (which, is an exclusive 2nd party title), it's somewhat remarkable that we got those all in the same year. Mario Kart 8 if you will, was the only real port out of the first year for the Switch.

I feel like next year could survive without Pokemon. I think if we have at least a few heavy hitters like Smash, Animal Crossing, or Mario Maker (which all seem fairly likely imo), along with some nice supplementary titles like Kirby, Yoshi, Pikmin, and Fire Emblem, and plenty of more 3rd party support, we're good. Heck, you could even cut some of these out and I still think the Switch is fine. While most people have already played BOTW and Odyssey, I'm sure there's plenty more who haven't and those two games are so top of their class that I think they'll carry the Switch for quiet a while.

I would think with only five games, that wouldn't mean that completely.

This past year, we got four all new games that were announced in remarkably short time-periods (Arms, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade, & Splatoon 2). Not even including Mario + Rabbids (which, is an exclusive 2nd party title), it's somewhat remarkable that we got those all in the same year. Mario Kart 8 if you will, was the only real port out of the first year for the Switch.
Pokken Tournament was a port as well.

I feel like next year could survive without Pokemon. I think if we have at least a few heavy hitters like Smash, Animal Crossing, or Mario Maker (which all seem fairly likely imo), along with some nice supplementary titles like Kirby, Yoshi, Pikmin, and Fire Emblem, and plenty of more 3rd party support, we're good. Heck, you could even cut some of these out and I still think the Switch is fine. While most people have already played BOTW and Odyssey, I'm sure there's plenty more who haven't and those two games are so top of their class that I think they'll carry the Switch for quiet a while.

Pokken Tournament was a port as well.

Shows how little I care about Pokken..

Nintendo has announced its sold 4.8m units in 10 months, compared to 4.5 for the Wii and 3.95 for the PS4 during their own first ten months.

Also interesting to note - Odyssey has sold more units than Zelda, and has been out for a shorter amount of time.

Mario is more popular than Zelda. Simple. Always has been.

Definitely. I keep reading up on rumors on potential game releases for this year and one I keep seeing people mention is 2D Mario. I’m all for it but would you guys want to see it in the form of the New Super Mario Bros or 8-Bit?

I’d be interested in seeing them go the 8-Bit/Retro route. The little 8-Bit parts were fun in Odyssey and I would love to see a new full game. Retro is in right now and I think it’d sell huge. Any Mario would sell huge but I think this would be a hit.

Definitely. I keep reading up on rumors on potential game releases for this year and one I keep seeing people mention is 2D Mario. I’m all for it but would you guys want to see it in the form of the New Super Mario Bros or 8-Bit?

I’d be interested in seeing them go the 8-Bit/Retro route. The little 8-Bit parts were fun in Odyssey and I would love to see a new full game. Retro is in right now and I think it’d sell huge. Any Mario would sell huge but I think this would be a hit.

Honestly, if they did a 2D Mario game, I actually wouldn't mind if they went in a different direction. Not a New Super Mario Brothers or 8-Bit style, but perhaps something more similar to a cartoon, similar to games like Cuphead or Ducktales Remastered.

However, I think if we get a Mario game this year, it's SMM2. It makes sense, and that they have now had enough time to get something ready, that builds on the original system, updates and improves off of it, and gives more flexibility for level's that people can create.

Honestly, if they did a 2D Mario game, I actually wouldn't mind if they went in a different direction. Not a New Super Mario Brothers or 8-Bit style, but perhaps something more similar to a cartoon, similar to games like Cuphead or Ducktales Remastered.

However, I think if we get a Mario game this year, it's SMM2. It makes sense, and that they have now had enough time to get something ready, that builds on the original system, updates and improves off of it, and gives more flexibility for level's that people can create.
Made by Retro Studios and using this exact art style.
super-mario-characters-i22822.jpg

Super Mario Bros. 5

We’d finally have a new 2D Mario with actual effort behind it. Their DKC games wipe the floor with NSMB.

Made by Retro Studios and using this exact art style.
super-mario-characters-i22822.jpg

Super Mario Bros. 5

We’d finally have a new 2D Mario with actual effort behind it. Their DKC games wipe the floor with NSMB.

To be honest, I'd rather want to see Retro take on something either completely new, or perhaps Kid Icarus.

Because I'd rather want them to focus on mainly one game at a time.

Either way, the fact they have gone silent for this long in games makes me think Retro's game is a New IP.
Or maybe like Miyamoto once suggested they might finally have cracked doing more than one game at a time.