1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Games, Movies & Sports' started by AlexanderMBush, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Zelda. Definitely. It’s won so many GOTY awards for a reason you know. Then eventually get Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids, and then DOOM and Mario Kart 8 if you haven’t already played them elsewhere.

2. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Veteran Member

Thank you for the advice, and that I am going to go forward with Zelda first.

I am really excited, as I'll be coming into a console that has a lot looking forward to it in the future, and I can't wait to see what I can play.

Speaking of looking forward, it sounds like Creatures Inc is going to use the unreal engine for possibly Pokemon.

Coasted and Mike S like this.
  3. Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo Veteran Member

Just got Splatoon 2... it's such a stupidly fun game...

4. AlexanderMBush

Figured with the Jan direct seeming like a possibility given a few leaks and rumors, I figured I'd start a prediction for it if they are going forward with it.
    • The Direct will talk about the past year success with Zelda, Mario (Odyssey, MK8, M+R), Splatoon and various third parties
    • Kirby will get a March release date, to mark the 1 year anniversary of the Nintendo Switch with a bundle going live on preorder day of direct
    • Yoshi will get a spring 2018 release window
    • Triple AAA support will be present heavily, with release dates on four triple AAA titles, three previously announced and a new triple AAA title.
    • EA will show off FE, and Bandai Namco will announce a port of the original Dark Souls trilogy on Nintendo Switch, remastered
    • Fire Emblem will have a decent presence, with Fire Emblem Switch shown off for Summer 2018
    • Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix come online day of Direct or shortly after, with the promise of more streaming developers joining later on in the year
    • No information on the Online service will be mentioned
    • Prime 4 will end the show, with the final bit in the trailer confirming Namcos lend in the development

5. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Hulu is actually up. It was stealth released.
    Hulu comes to Nintendo Switch today (update) - Polygon

AlexanderMBush likes this.
  6. AlexanderMBush

How..unsurprising that nothing catched on with that.

A part of me does think though that at least something streaming oriented will be talked about in regards to app.

7. Chris Galindo

So I got Breath of the Wild over Christmas and I immediately started playing it and my first impression is it's definitely... unique. While I feel there's no wrong way to play, I also feel I miss so much if I travel in one direction over the other. For example (mild spoiler):

Add to the fact that Link is incredibly slow and the world is immerse, a sense being overwhelmed has come to me, lol. Anyone else feel this way when they first played? It definitely makes the game unique like I said, but I also feel that somehow I'm doing something wrong although there is no wrong way.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    Coasted and Mike S like this.
  8. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Yes, it was definitely daunting when I first booted it up. You get used to it eventually. At some point I started just making my way around the worl counter clockwise and doing everything I could in each area. I won’t lie, I did use an online map but only for treasure chests and Koroks.

Coasted and Chris Galindo like this.
  9. Chris Galindo

Yeah, intimidating is the best word I can put, plus I'm tried of constantly dying and running out of weapons lol. However, the game itself is stunning. Definitely the most interesting interpretation of Hyrule I've seen.

Mike S likes this.
  10. yankees13

yankees13 Veteran Member

That’s me 100%. I’m still overwhelmed even after picking it back up and playing last week. I played and beat Odyssey and loved every minute of it. I think I like the games that are sandbox rather than huge open worlds. I’ve put a good amount of time in Zelda and I feel like I didn’t advance the story at all.

Chris Galindo likes this.
  11. Chris Galindo

Thank goodness it isn't just me then, lol. Definitely a game one has to be patient with. Hoping these next few months don't make me regret asking for this game.

12. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Weapons last longer as you progress and find better ones. Go for the Master Sword as soon as you can too. It does “break” but then it recharges after 10 minutes.

13. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Only way this is possible is if we’re getting Pokémon and/or Animal Crossing in 2018.

Metroid Prime 4 wouldn’t hurt either.

GadgetGuru likes this.
  14. AlexanderMBush

Honestly, Pokemon would be enough for one reason.

It'd be the first time that Pokemon would truly in a sense, would have a dedicated RPG like title on a home console. Not something like Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Tournament, or Pokken, something true Pokemon. Regardless of the hybrid aspect, it would sell the holiday season if Nintendo put that in-front of it, similar to what it seems of for Mario Odyssey right now.

Mike S likes this.
  15. anihilnation

anihilnation Veteran Member

My daughter has been enjoying Super Mario and Zelda, the first being her favorite so far, though when it comes to Zelda, she likes the fact you cab just run around in your underwear lol.

I'm loving Doom, very intense game, stylistically similar to Doom 3, though it plays much more like the original Doom, so little story and almost non-stop action. I also love playing Lumo, an isometric puzzle game. And I am very much looking forward to Wolfenstein 2.

Also, very much hoping they'll do another Captain Toad game.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Mike S likes this.
  16. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Anyone else finish the Champion’s Ballad DLC for Zelda?

17. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

Teebin likes this.
  18. AlexanderMBush

Mike S likes this.
  19. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

FTFY

20. AlexanderMBush

It's still something to look at, as Nintendo is going to break their own predictions as fast as they make them.