Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

Fully investing into a Switch this feb/march, and I am divided on what game to start with, Odyssey or BoTW.

I don't know what truthfully to do, as both intrigue the hell out of me, and that a part of me would want to do either one.

So, out of curiosity, what would fesibly be the best option out of the duo? I can only probably get one, as I'll be getting a bundle with SD and accessories in the process, so I'm wanting to get some advice before I do anything.
Zelda. Definitely. It’s won so many GOTY awards for a reason you know. Then eventually get Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids, and then DOOM and Mario Kart 8 if you haven’t already played them elsewhere.

BOTW wins for game-time, as you can easily get hundreds of hours out of it. Odyssey is the better game overall IMO, but apparently that opinion isn't super popular. It really depends if you like Mario or Zelda more.
As a huge Mario fan, I’d actually tell you to get Zelda. Both are amazing games and you should get both of them eventually. But, Zelda is quite the breathtaking journey and is the deepest game I’ve ever played. You get a sense of awe from wandering Hyrule that didn’t match wandering around Mario’s worlds.
Zelda. Definitely. It’s won so many GOTY awards for a reason you know. Then eventually get Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids, and then DOOM and Mario Kart 8 if you haven’t already played them elsewhere.

Thank you for the advice, and that I am going to go forward with Zelda first.

I am really excited, as I'll be coming into a console that has a lot looking forward to it in the future, and I can't wait to see what I can play.

Speaking of looking forward, it sounds like Creatures Inc is going to use the unreal engine for possibly Pokemon.

Figured with the Jan direct seeming like a possibility given a few leaks and rumors, I figured I'd start a prediction for it if they are going forward with it.
  • The Direct will talk about the past year success with Zelda, Mario (Odyssey, MK8, M+R), Splatoon and various third parties
  • Kirby will get a March release date, to mark the 1 year anniversary of the Nintendo Switch with a bundle going live on preorder day of direct
  • Yoshi will get a spring 2018 release window
  • Triple AAA support will be present heavily, with release dates on four triple AAA titles, three previously announced and a new triple AAA title.
  • EA will show off FE, and Bandai Namco will announce a port of the original Dark Souls trilogy on Nintendo Switch, remastered
  • Fire Emblem will have a decent presence, with Fire Emblem Switch shown off for Summer 2018
  • Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix come online day of Direct or shortly after, with the promise of more streaming developers joining later on in the year
  • No information on the Online service will be mentioned
  • Prime 4 will end the show, with the final bit in the trailer confirming Namcos lend in the development

Figured with the Jan direct seeming like a possibility given a few leaks and rumors, I figured I'd start a prediction for it if they are going forward with it.
  • The Direct will talk about the past year success with Zelda, Mario (Odyssey, MK8, M+R), Splatoon and various third parties
  • Kirby will get a March release date, to mark the 1 year anniversary of the Nintendo Switch with a bundle going live on preorder day of direct
  • Yoshi will get a spring 2018 release window
  • Triple AAA support will be present heavily, with release dates on four triple AAA titles, three previously announced and a new triple AAA title.
  • EA will show off FE, and Bandai Namco will announce a port of the original Dark Souls trilogy on Nintendo Switch, remastered
  • Fire Emblem will have a decent presence, with Fire Emblem Switch shown off for Summer 2018
  • Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix come online day of Direct or shortly after, with the promise of more streaming developers joining later on in the year
  • No information on the Online service will be mentioned
  • Prime 4 will end the show, with the final bit in the trailer confirming Namcos lend in the development
Hulu is actually up. It was stealth released.
Hulu comes to Nintendo Switch today (update) - Polygon

So I got Breath of the Wild over Christmas and I immediately started playing it and my first impression is it's definitely... unique. While I feel there's no wrong way to play, I also feel I miss so much if I travel in one direction over the other. For example (mild spoiler):

On my way to Kakariko Village I went to the big Shrine in the lake and then OVER the mountains as opposed to around which I noticed opens up the possibility to horses, rupees, registration, etc. Now I feel kinda lost and dumbfounded, denting whether I should go back and find out myself how to get these features.

Add to the fact that Link is incredibly slow and the world is immerse, a sense being overwhelmed has come to me, lol. Anyone else feel this way when they first played? It definitely makes the game unique like I said, but I also feel that somehow I'm doing something wrong although there is no wrong way.

Last edited:
So I got Breath of the Wild over Christmas and I immediately started playing it and my first impression is it's definitely... unique. While I feel there's no wrong way to play, I also feel I miss so much if I travel in one direction over the other. For example (mild spoiler):

On my way to Kakariko Village I went to the big Shrine in the like and then OVER the mountains as opposed to around which I noticed opens up the possibility to horses, rupees, registration, etc. Now I feel kinda lost and dumbfounded, denting whether I should go back and find out myself how to get these features.

Add to the fact that Link is incredibly slow and the world is immerse, a sense being overwhelmed has come to me, lol. Anyone else feel this way when they first played? It definitely makes the game unique like I said, but I also feel that somehow I'm doing something wrong although there is no wrong way.
Yes, it was definitely daunting when I first booted it up. You get used to it eventually. At some point I started just making my way around the worl counter clockwise and doing everything I could in each area. I won’t lie, I did use an online map but only for treasure chests and Koroks.

Yeah, intimidating is the best word I can put, plus I'm tried of constantly dying and running out of weapons lol. However, the game itself is stunning. Definitely the most interesting interpretation of Hyrule I've seen.

On my way to Kakariko Village I went to the big Shrine in the lake and then OVER the mountains as opposed to around which I noticed opens up the possibility to horses, rupees, registration, etc. Now I feel kinda lost and dumbfounded, denting whether I should go back and find out myself how to get these features.

That’s me 100%. I’m still overwhelmed even after picking it back up and playing last week. I played and beat Odyssey and loved every minute of it. I think I like the games that are sandbox rather than huge open worlds. I’ve put a good amount of time in Zelda and I feel like I didn’t advance the story at all.

That’s me 100%. I’m still overwhelmed even after picking it back up and playing last week. I played and beat Odyssey and loved every minute of it. I think I like the games that are sandbox rather than huge open worlds. I’ve put a good amount of time in Zelda and I feel like I didn’t advance the story at all.

Thank goodness it isn't just me then, lol. Definitely a game one has to be patient with. Hoping these next few months don't make me regret asking for this game.

Yeah, intimidating is the best word I can put, plus I'm tried of constantly dying and running out of weapons lol. However, the game itself is stunning. Definitely the most interesting interpretation of Hyrule I've seen.
Weapons last longer as you progress and find better ones. Go for the Master Sword as soon as you can too. It does “break” but then it recharges after 10 minutes.

Only way this is possible is if we’re getting Pokémon and/or Animal Crossing in 2018.

Metroid Prime 4 wouldn’t hurt either.

Honestly, Pokemon would be enough for one reason.

It'd be the first time that Pokemon would truly in a sense, would have a dedicated RPG like title on a home console. Not something like Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Tournament, or Pokken, something true Pokemon. Regardless of the hybrid aspect, it would sell the holiday season if Nintendo put that in-front of it, similar to what it seems of for Mario Odyssey right now.

My daughter has been enjoying Super Mario and Zelda, the first being her favorite so far, though when it comes to Zelda, she likes the fact you cab just run around in your underwear lol.

I'm loving Doom, very intense game, stylistically similar to Doom 3, though it plays much more like the original Doom, so little story and almost non-stop action. I also love playing Lumo, an isometric puzzle game. And I am very much looking forward to Wolfenstein 2.

Also, very much hoping they'll do another Captain Toad game.

Last edited: