Nintendo Switch | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since when does Nintendo care about the competition?

I wasn't talking about competition. I was talking mainly on how that with the rise of technology improving more and more quickly, it wouldn't be impossible to guess that Nintendo could have the desire to take advantage on that rise, especially as Nividia and Nintendo collaborated with the Switch.

I wasn't talking about competition. I was talking mainly on how that with the rise of technology improving more and more quickly, it wouldn't be impossible to guess that Nintendo could have the desire to take advantage on that rise, especially as Nividia and Nintendo collaborated with the Switch.
If there is a boosted Switch on the way that’s not a full on “Switch 2” it’ll be a long time before we see it.

A “Switch mini” is likely coming alongside Pokémon.

My hope is that whatever follows the switch has a dock that adds extra power. I think some of the NX rumors were like this. If memory serves me right there was a Nintendo patent that mentioned supplemental computational device. Basically what I want is the opposite of what we have now, the Switch downclocks in handheld mode, and what I want, is something similar, but which "overclocks" when docked.

Since when does Nintendo care about the competition?

If they didn’t care about the competition they wouldn’t be courting Indies, offering a more robust online experience, and working to attract 3rd parties. They might not go about it the same ways but they do care.

If they didn’t care about the competition they wouldn’t be courting Indies, offering a more robust online experience, and working to attract 3rd parties. They might not go about it the same ways but they do care.
I agree, they just don't care about competing in terms of raw power. Nintendo always doing things their own way is not just idiosyncrasy, it is rather the way they compete.

Reactions: Mike S
And Capcom and Square Enix both re-affirmed their support and said more game will come. Bandai Namco also is rumored to have more coming. Hopefully the January Nintendo Direct will give us a lot of upcoming news. E3 2018 should be great for Nintendo as well.

PS: I think it was earlier this year that a new Double Dragon came out, does anyone know if it is any good? DD was one of my favorite things to play on the NES.

Reggie also said Zelda, Mario Kart, and Odyssey have sold to over 50% of Switch owners. That means Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is getting close to outselling the Wii U version and Odyssey has reach 5 million in a little over a month.

Incredible.
And Capcom and Square Enix both re-affirmed their support and said more game will come. Bandai Namco also is rumored to have more coming. Hopefully the January Nintendo Direct will give us a lot of upcoming news. E3 2018 should be great for Nintendo as well.

PS: I think it was earlier this year that a new Double Dragon came out, does anyone know if it is any good? DD was one of my favorite things to play on the NES.
I bet Capcom might be getting nervous that Monster Hunter World won’t be taking advantage of these amazing Switch sales. That game would’ve exploded on a hybrid.

The Switch will likely outsell the lifetime Wii U sales in under 1 year at its current pace.

That's what's so incredible about this. Nintendo can be so hit or miss, but when it hits, they have a broader market than anybody else.

Also for anybody doubting Zelda: "Three titles have been purchased by more than 50% of Switch owners: “The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild” — which won game of the year at the 2017 Game Awards — “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe,” and “Super Mario Odyssey.” "

Given BotW's sales so far and how well it and the Switch are doing, it has a real chance of being the first Zelda title to break 10 million in sales.

It probably depends on how strong the Switch's sales are this Christmas and the next couple of months, but that'd be a pretty amazing feat for a console game in 2017-2018. For perspective, the PS4 only has 3 games above 10 million in lifetime sales on it: GTA V, CoD: BO 3, Fifa '17

It is weird also how Monster Hunter XX is a Japan only release.

Also, Titan Quest is coming! (Sharpen Your Blades Because Titan Quest Is Coming To Switch Soon - Nintendo Life)
No idea what that is lol.
Given BotW's sales so far and how well it and the Switch are doing, it has a real chance of being the first Zelda title to break 10 million in sales.

It probably depends on how strong the Switch's sales are this Christmas and the next couple of months, but that'd be a pretty amazing feat for a console game in 2017-2018. For perspective, the PS4 only has 3 games above 10 million in lifetime sales on it: GTA V, CoD: BO 3, Fifa '17
Uncharted 4 could hit 10 million. Last I saw it sold 8.

If you count both original versions of Twilight Princess I think that hit 10 million.

Reactions: zg44

Uncharted 4 could hit 10 million. Last I saw it sold 8.

If you count both original versions of Twilight Princess I think that hit 10 million.
Yeah Twilight Princess is close to 10 million if you include the HD version.

I suppose Ocarina would be highest if you add the original 7.6 million to the 4.5 million for Ocarina 3D on the 3DS though that was more of a remake of sorts.

Either way, BotW has a chance to get to 10 million in a first run, which would be a remarkable achievement. Very few games achieve that kind of console run.

Yeah Twilight Princess is close to 10 million if you include the HD version.

I suppose Ocarina would be highest if you add the original 7.6 million to the 4.5 million for Ocarina 3D on the 3DS though that was more of a remake of sorts.

Either way, BotW has a chance to get to 10 million in a first run, which would be a remarkable achievement. Very few games achieve that kind of console run.
I meant the Wii and GameCube versions of TP, not Wii U.

I meant the Wii and GameCube versions of TP, not Wii U.
Remember, BOTW has also sold 1+ million on Wii U
For Twilight Princess, it was at 7.26 million Wii and 1.59 million GC for 8.85 million total there. If you add the 1.23 million for HD on Wii U, you get up to 10.08 million.

As for BotW, yeah I was including that 1.19 million from the Wii U. That might get up to 1.3 million over time, so it'd probably just need 8.7 million from the Switch.

The Switch itself should be at somewhere around 20+ million by the middle/fall of 2018, and given that over 50% of the first 10 million Switch buyers have BoTW, that just requires another 3.7 million sales (or a bit less) over the next 10 million Switches sold which is very doable.

Heck, BotW might end up doing 10 million on just the Switch at its current rate.

Last edited:

It's a hack 'n slash in the vain of Diablo, set in Ancient Greece.

There has been a rumor of another Zelda game coming to the Switch, this would be another remastered version of an older game. What I think they should do, however, is to bring out a full Zelda collection.

Fully investing into a Switch this feb/march, and I am divided on what game to start with, Odyssey or BoTW.

I don't know what truthfully to do, as both intrigue the hell out of me, and that a part of me would want to do either one.

So, out of curiosity, what would fesibly be the best option out of the duo? I can only probably get one, as I'll be getting a bundle with SD and accessories in the process, so I'm wanting to get some advice before I do anything.

Reactions: Coasted
Fully investing into a Switch this feb/march, and I am divided on what game to start with, Odyssey or BoTW.

I don't know what truthfully to do, as both intrigue the hell out of me, and that a part of me would want to do either one.

So, out of curiosity, what would fesibly be the best option out of the duo? I can only probably get one, as I'll be getting a bundle with SD and accessories in the process, so I'm wanting to get some advice before I do anything.
BOTW wins for game-time, as you can easily get hundreds of hours out of it. Odyssey is the better game overall IMO, but apparently that opinion isn't super popular. It really depends if you like Mario or Zelda more.

As a huge Mario fan, I’d actually tell you to get Zelda. Both are amazing games and you should get both of them eventually. But, Zelda is quite the breathtaking journey and is the deepest game I’ve ever played. You get a sense of awe from wandering Hyrule that didn’t match wandering around Mario’s worlds.

Reactions: Coasted and Mike S